Is GTAV PC (cd version) the same as the digital version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sexy_Crow69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sexy_Crow69
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

I know this may seem like a stupid question for most but I wanted to make sure if it is the same. I was wondering if I get the cd, would it be able to support mods and updates? And will it also work if I got a used copy?

Again, sorry if this is child level knowledge to you all, I'm not used to getting disk versions of games.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Pretty sure you can't activate the game more than once,so you can't buy used

Sexy_Crow69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sexy_Crow69

@MonsieurX: thats what i originally thought too but why does amazon amd other sellers sell used pc copies? Wouldnt that warrant negative reviews if the people couldnt register their games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

dont buy the cd version used, youll need a cd key that is only activated for one account. the cd version takes maybe 2 hours to install, then another hour or so downloading all the updates, because their servers are slow, and disconnect a lot.

Azu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Azu

The retail (CD) version of GTA V is identical to the digital release. Just expect to download a lot of updates.

As for the used copy thing - It might work if you show proof of purchase to Rockstar Support, but they're not exactly known for their fantastic service, so I wouldn't count on it.