is empire: total war worthg getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fluffers623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 fluffers623
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts
^^topic also arma II and world in conflict
Gaber1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gaber1999
Member since 2006 • 235 Posts

yes, its good.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
  1. Waut for the price to go down on Empire: Total War.
  2. Arma 2 is fun for alot of people.
  3. Pick up the World in Conflict COmplete Edition

Make sure your computer can run these games too.

spyder465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 spyder465
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

Yes, its worth getting all those games you mentioned

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

What are your system specs?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

GTA IV which people like to call it, the worst port in the recent years actually runs perfect compared to E TW, but maybe I'm just one of the many unlucky guys that can't play the game. It's unplayable, crash, over crash, over crash, stupid bugs, glitches, it's a great game, but it would be even better if I could actually play it. I was really waiting forward to it, but I gave up after 4 hours, it just isn't worth it, no matter how good it is, maybe they'll make it playable after more patches.

WiC Complete is great get that.

ARMA 2 I don't know, I'm not really into FPSs so simulators wouldn't be fun at all for me (Insurgency is the most "simulator" like game I played in the recent years).

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I think it is worth gettting. Still my favorite game this year so far.

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

GTA IV which people like to call it, the worst port in the recent years actually runs perfect compared to E TW, but maybe I'm just one of the many unlucky guys that can't play the game. It's unplayable, crash, over crash, over crash, stupid bugs, glitches, it's a great game, but it would be even better if I could actually play it. I was really waiting forward to it, but I gave up after 4 hours, it just isn't worth it, no matter how good it is, maybe they'll make it playable after more patches.

WiC Complete is great get that.

ARMA 2 I don't know, I'm not really into FPSs so simulators wouldn't be fun at all for me (Insurgency is the most "simulator" like game I played in the recent years).

DanielDust
Empire crashed on me five times during my first two hours - I couldn't believe it. This was about three weeks ago, and the day after I installed the game, a patch was released. Since then, not one single crash. Also, this Total War game, on the field of battle, is by far the best looking of the bunch, and the smoothest too. On a Core i7 - GTX 275 setup, the game looks amazing, and runs beautifully. Which is why I was asking the guy what his specs were. Empire and The Sims 3 are the two best titles on my shelf right now which I've been neglecting the most. These two games deserve much more attention from me. I keep getting sidetracked by other, lesser titles.
Murd3r3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Murd3r3r
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

^^topic also arma II and world in conflictfluffers623

if you're so fimiliar to these kinda sttrategic games ( like Total war series) buy it cuz it's really complicated .... and almost need higher system than Crysis ...

world in conflict is best strategic game since it has come ...

arma 2 is good but only with patch 1.2 ... if you really intrested in such games ...you know some guys want more action scenes in games so they're not intrested in this game ...

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

Yes, Empire is totally worth getting, even at its current price. Yes, it can be quite taxing on older systems, but I myself haven't had any problems with it crashing.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
It's ok, but it's a little shaky on what CA is doing now. 1.3 didn't fix nearly as much as it was supposed to and apparently 1.4 is going to be a dedicated naval balance patch (which is completely unnecessary). I don't know when to expect this game to be in good condition. They're also releasing paid DLC, which ruins multiplayer balance and that frustrated the community quite a bit. That being said, the game is still quite good. I've put nearly 50-60 hours into it. I just wish they'd hurry up and finish the game already. You might try and hold off to see if they will do another $25 weekend. I'd suggest a cheaper total war like Rome or Medieval (I prefer Rome because of the unit versatility).