is command and conquer 3 good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#1 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I heard that it wasn't very good, so I was wondering- is it?
YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
Heard from who? The vast majority of critics agree that it's a AAA game. I disregard Gamespot's review on any PC game, but even their's is on par with the norm. It's not the pinacle of strategy achievement, but it's definitely fun.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I hate it, it's buggy as hell and it would never run on my system even though I had the perfect specs

It kept messing up and I got so mad with it I threw it out the window

My multiplayer didn't work and a lot of people had this problem too, don't buy it and go with something else
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
It's fun and accessible. Definitely worth the buy. Personally, it's not going to last very long with me as its not the kind of game I like to keep coming back to, but mileage will vary according to individual.
Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts
Worth the purchase, majority will say it's worth it.
pingy_v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pingy_v
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
this is a stupidquestion since pretty much all the critics say it's a great game and so do i
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

It must be amazing at the futureshop here it's selling for an insane 59.99 while Supcom is selling for 29.99!

Until that insane price goes down i'll stick to playing C&C generals with my friend online.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
great game, multiplayer buggy though - if you're gonna buy it basically it'll be for the singleplayer campaign, skirmish
geraldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 geraldus
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
I have it, and hate it. Played for like one month only. Play warhammer or AOE3...
bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts
its not bad. The factions are a bit unbalanced (scrin = best) and all of them have far too few units, youve only really got 1 or 2 strategy options for each team. On the other hand, it looks really nice, and its not hard to play. Its fun to give it a go. Might not be worth keeping tho.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
It's worth the purchase, and is great fun.
zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

It must be amazing at the futureshop here it's selling for an insane 59.99 while Supcom is selling for 29.99!

Until that insane price goes down i'll stick to playing C&C generals with my friend online.

Sleepyz

Prices have nothing to do with the quality of the game buddy, Company of Heroes was also down to 30 a few months after it's release as well and thats the most critically acclaimed RTS of all time.

Publishers dictate the price and if you look at EA's history they have a pattern of keep there games prices high for quite a while, while THQ has always done just the opposite, also the games expansion is coming out very soon which is another reason for it's prce cuts.

As for the question the game really is a mess, the game has tons of hackers EA is doing next to nothing about unless they get very popular, the game still has a billion+ bugs, the games still as unbalanced as ever and the game is just all around just a very shallow game.

If you have to buy the game just buy another RTS instead actually, if you don't have DoW, Company of Heroes or Supcom yet get one of those instead.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts
[QUOTE="Sleepyz"]

zipozal

Prices have nothing to do with the quality of the game buddy, Company of Heroes was also down to 30 a few months after it's release as well and thats the most critically acclaimed RTS of all time.

Publishers dictate the price and if you look at EA's history they have a pattern of keep there games prices high for quite a while, while THQ has always done just the opposite, also the games expansion is coming out very soon which is another reason for it's prce cuts.

As for the question the game really is a mess, the game has tons of hackers EA is doing next to nothing about unless they get very popular, the game still has a billion+ bugs, the games still as unbalanced as ever and the game is just all around just a very shallow game.

If you have to buy the game just buy another RTS instead actually, if you don't have DoW, Company of Heroes or Supcom yet get one of those instead.

I was being sarcastic buddy. Titan quest is 19.99 and its one my all time favorites.

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
It is a very fun game and I have actually played through each of the campaigns on each difficulty, because I am an achievement junkie.
zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts
Ouch just took a look at the main forums, EA released a new patch and it seems it has made things worse again :?
Mynx_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mynx_15
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
This game is not superb but is very good if you love ea games
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

It is a very fun game and I have actually played through each of the campaigns on each difficulty, because I am an achievement junkie.Fatality4u

i played it on hardest always - took me sometimes 3-5 times to play the same level all over again but it's fun - challenging