Is Battlefield 3 filled with cheaters like MW3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

I'm trying to find a different multiplayer shooter to play and BF3 seems like the obvious choice however I'm just wondering if the cheating is as bad in BF3 like it is in MW3. Thanks.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

I'm trying to find a different multiplayer shooter to play and BF3 seems like the obvious choice however I'm just wondering if the cheating is as bad in BF3 like it is in MW3. Thanks.

Wopps
Good god no. Since the game game out, I would have seen less than 5 (obvious) hackers.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

There are cheaters, more and more really.

supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

I started playing MW3 online this week and I saw atleast 5 cheaters in one 1-2hr session, its ridiculous, hackers will always be around but damn I've never seen so many hackers, not even in MW2, I play BF3 quite frequently and whilst I have seen a couple of hackers they seem to be few and far between, in my 100+ hours of playing BF3 I've maybe seen 6 hackers minimum, no more than 10.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
In the last month I've seen one obvious aimbotter. For me, there aren't really that many
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Played since beta, saw only two since then

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

That is one of the major downfalls of COD right now, honestly I see a hacker probably once ever couple different rooms I get into.

Just wish that so many of the low ping dedicated servers weren't tactical.

I too will try out BF3 in the future sometime, just hope that the bullet sponging is improved a little bit over BFBC2, and hope it is not littered with hackers.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Just play it dood, not as much hackers as you think..

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

The thing is now that these games have become so popular and one of the main features are global stats, cheating has seen a spike because all of a sudden stats matter.

There are sites out there that you can subscribe to that will allow you access to cheats, scripts, ect. topopular games that are legitimate at taking money and providing services guaranteed to be more up to date than developers are willing to patch/fix.

This is a disgusting trend that started with achievement farming and the fact people are willing to pay for this.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
Find a good server (community) that have active admins. There you go ;)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I've heard there are quite a few, but it's harder to spot them or notice them since the maps are a lot bigger.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
BF3: Play Metro map = tons of hackers. Big, vehicle, jet/heli maps = barely any hackers.
s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
no, it's filled with instant deaths. & more instant deaths.. & more of em.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#14 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
You get the occasional bad egg but its not very often that you see someone blatantly cheating.
spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

I've heard there are quite a few, but it's harder to spot them or notice them since the maps are a lot bigger.FelipeInside

This. The hackers are more obvious on smaller maps and also how they use their hacks. Some don't care that you know they are hackers, and others are more subtle.

PlusFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PlusFour
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts

I've played about a days worth on bf3 i can't say i've come across any cheaters or noticed them. The only time i've seen something like cheating was on metro when the other team got into the ceiling and planted C4 to kill us, which sucked. Just find some decent servers to play on with active admins if you find it a problem i guess.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I've heard there are quite a few, but it's harder to spot them or notice them since the maps are a lot bigger.spacedog1973

This. The hackers are more obvious on smaller maps and also how they use their hacks. Some don't care that you know they are hackers, and others are more subtle.

Best to play with friends, and rape hackers. Me thinks. A lot more fun that way.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Ive seen maybe 4 hackers in my 70 hours, none of them lasted more then a few mins before they were torched by an admin.

Ive seen alot of people TRYING to hack tho, almost frightenly many, they never manage to enter the game tho, booted before, with the reason due to different hacks.

Hard to belive that so many people have no spine nowadays,

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Hell no, Call of Duty is the nest of hackers.. Battlefield can't be compared.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

You will barely ever see obvious cheaters.I have never seen one actually. But have seen a lot of people kicked for cheating but that was just as they entered the game. Also don't confuse bad syncing to hax

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

There's definately people cheating in BF3. Not sure how the numbers compare to MW3 though.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I haven't really seen many at all.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Since BF3 has dedicated servers, if there are active admins online they should rapidly kick hackers. Unfortunately MW3 P2P means you cant really get rid of hackers, except maybe report them on steam.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
There's more hackers in BF3 than MW3 from my experience.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Past 10-15 matches I played, no hackers... Lots of Auto-kicking going on of people using AImbot and such
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

I have played the game for 50+ hours, and have only been in the same game as 2 obvious cheaters.

It's fine.

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

Thanks guys for the answers, looks like I'll be picking this up shortly!

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
No, there's very, very few. BF3 is in every way superior than MW3.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

No, there's very, very few. BF3 is in every way superior than MW3.ShadowsDemon

I personally (after finally learning how to play BF3) don't think you can compare the two.

They are completely different.

BF3 does some things better, and MW3 does others better.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]No, there's very, very few. BF3 is in every way superior than MW3.FelipeInside

I personally (after finally learning how to play BF3) don't think you can compare the two.

Yeah, MW3 is a bigger map back, and BF3 is the better game. :P
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
No, there's very, very few. BF3 is in every way superior than MW3.ShadowsDemon
Netcode, controls(input lag), SP/COOP, game mode variety, level of polish/game balance(sadly), are all things MWF3 have over BF3 by a long shot, however the game balance part may change with the upcoming patch(hopefully). There are a lot of hackuzations on BF3, and in general the average hacker seems to be very subtle rather than "rage cheating" like the guys who just go around getting instabanned on a game they get really frustrated with or what have you. I know the limits of a human player very well and I see cheaters at least once or twice per game session however they rarely top the score boards still getting out performed by legitimate players. Find a few good servers that are properly moderated and you have nothing to worry about. It's the good players that abuse cheap tactics(that they cannot be banned for) that you have to worry about, but your goal will probably be to become one of them.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]No, there's very, very few. BF3 is in every way superior than MW3.ShadowsDemon

Yeah, MW3 is a bigger map back, and BF3 is the better game. :P

It's subjective to each person.

There isn't one game better than the next. One game does some things better and the other does other things better.

I'm very happy that I can enjoy BOTH games, since they are both great fun. (depends on the mood and type of gameplay you want as well)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]No, there's very, very few. BF3 is in every way superior than MW3.Zubinen
Netcode, controls(input lag), SP/COOP, game mode variety, level of polish/game balance(sadly), are all things MWF3 have over BF3 by a long shot, however the game balance part may change with the upcoming patch(hopefully). There are a lot of hackuzations on BF3, and in general the average hacker seems to be very subtle rather than "rage cheating" like the guys who just go around getting instabanned on a game they get really frustrated with or what have you. I know the limits of a human player very well and I see cheaters at least once or twice per game session however they rarely top the score boards still getting out performed by legitimate players. Find a few good servers that are properly moderated and you have nothing to worry about. It's the good players that abuse cheap tactics(that they cannot be banned for) that you have to worry about, but your goal will probably be to become one of them.

Can someone please explain to me the mentality of an online hacker? (if anybody knows)

I understand using cheats on a SP game after you finished it cause you want to have fun, but online?

You are just making the experience bad for others. Also, are you really that CRAP at the game or have CONFIDENCE problems that you need to cheat?

Which types are there? I watched that video u posted Zub about the worm prone....

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
It's hard to paint all cheaters one color, from what I know some do it out of physical disability(broken hand/wrist), some do it out of ego/confidence issues, others do it just to make gamers upset, etc. Regardless of what it is, in every case it seems to be motivated by some mental imbalance, something they lack either physically, mentally, or socially. As for MWF3, I didn't like the direction the MP took, the MP is much more like Black Ops than MWF2, in MWF2 you would rarely see games that last longer than a few minutes, everyone would be moving around chasing red dots on their map, and would avoid sitting in one spot , in MWF3 people don't have incentive to move because there is no Stopping Power perk to counter Assassin which was the same issue in Black Ops with Ghost, thus people have no incentive to move since they are invisible to UAV whereas in MWF2 everyone would roll SP because for example who wants to take 2 shots instead of 1 shot with a sniper rifle in such a fast paced game? Of course people run around on the PC version anyway since PC controls are much faster, however the spawns were patched on X360 and yet not on PC so I'm forced to play the X360 version to get my FFA fix, and on X360 nobody is running around, partly due to the fact of glacial turning speeds with the controller, but the biggest issue is there's no counterbalance to Assassin(which makes noobs happy, I say let the noobs burn). For cheap tactics, there's MAV(Micro Aerial Vehicle) roadkilling where you can essentially get kills with a remote controlled mini UAV that can both spot and insta kill enemies upon full speed collision with their head, it's difficult to do, however I have a friend who has pulled over 100 kills without a single death 3 times using the MAV, to compare with the world's top competitive assault player, RivalXFactor's best killstreak is 71-0. Of course there's using rockets/M320 against infantry rather than to blow up cover, but more importantly, there's the USAS + frag12 rounds + extended mags combo which lets you fire 11 mini-grenades per clip that have the suppression effect equivalent to IFV high explosive rounds(the greatest in the game) along with an extremely high ROF, extremely fast reload, and significant splash damage(which stacks with direct damage), basically you can spam them on walls, ceilings, floors waiting for a hitmarker, and then once you get a hitmark, unload for an easy kill without ever having to enter the line of sight of your enemy(meaning they never had a chance to kill you with their gun by the time you already got a hit marker on them). Then there are map based tactics like on Metro when going from B to C as RU team on the right side there's a vending machine that allows you to peek through and shoot at enemies coming up while making your hitbox too tiny for the enemy to shoot at and on HC preset server I went on a 25 kill streak in less than 5 minutes just sitting there in the same spot with an SKS + silencer. There's also the bus coming from A toward RU deployment as the US team, there if you are using spec ops camo then you are practically invisible, a great spot for racking up kills while minimizing the risk of death, I've made quite a few snipers ragequit by counter sniping them from the bus by RUD. And then there is LMG spamming with a 200 round clip suppressing enemies too much for them to fire back or vehicles in general, getting in one is almost like automatic stat padding due to how easy it is to get kills with them, hence why they're not used at all in competitive matches. Still, I'm quite satisfied with the infantry vs infantry combat and hopefully will be more so with the upcoming patch.
Angry_Mushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Angry_Mushroom
Member since 2009 • 708 Posts

Both appear to have cheaters. I'll see a ban message each time someone is caught using aimbots and the such.

123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts
That is one thing that bothered me with the COD games, Battlefield 3 doesn't seem to have as many.
nyran125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nyran125
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts

as much as theres less cheatin ggoing on in Battlefield, howeverit has punkbuster, so im not touchign the game. I cant stand that service adn it single handedly made me uninstall Bad compnay 2 , BF2 and COD4. Id rather have a couple of hackers and just switch servers than deal with punkbuster, seriously. I havetn seen many on MW3, but then i play more Counter Strike. A lot of Counter Strike servers have dedicated Admins on all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

No. Actually I've played it the entire last week and it's been fine. Not a single cheater.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
I've seen 5 blatant cheaters since beta. All of which were dealt with by server admins or server plugins. Unfortunately since you dont have servers in MW3, cheaters are left to run rampant.