Inviting all the VGA Box users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

playpassenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 playpassenger
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

I intend to make this thread to invite all those gamers who have used, are currently using or plan to use a VGA BOX in order to be able to play the console games on their LCD Monitors.

If you have used one or have been using, please post a brief review along with the model and please also state which console do you use with it.

If possible also post screenshot(s) to support your opinion about a VGA box.

I have been searching for a solution to play my PS2 using a component cable on my lcd monitor that can do 720p. But that's quite not possible without a vga box.

Currently I am standing with the XCM mega cool vga box, which is quite expensive compared to the others, but at the same time is the best for PS2, as far as my research goes. Would like your views if you have used it with a ps2.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Couldn't you just use something like a TV tuner card?
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

I'm using a VGA Box with my Dreamcast to attach to my HDTV, this is the one right here that I am using. It displays a nice crisp image at 480p or EDTV since that way before HD was the craze now for consoles. I have heard good things about the XCM boxes for VGA connections whether its for Xbox, Gamecube or PS2, but personally I've never used one for those type of consoles. Honestly I don't think it is going to matter a whole lot since majority of the VGA boxes are 3rd party vendors usually built in Asia somewhere so qualitiy might not be up to what you think.

playpassenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 playpassenger
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts
Couldn't you just use something like a TV tuner card?markop2003
That gives crap video quality. A big NO NO. While VGA box is a hardware scaler that provides the best using component video cables. I have tested tv tuners, and they are big time trash boxes. Never think of getting them. SDTV looks better with composite cables.