interview with warz dev, gets pwn

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

gamespy had a interview with the devs who made war z and pulling his B.S and calling it out as a scam

it's quite funny interview. Dude is attempting to do hardcore damage control but shooting his self in the foot lol

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

#2 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Might want to change the title. Thanks for the interview link. Interesting read.
#3 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -
Disappointed
#4 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
Some funny quotes in there but you should probably correct the title.
#5 Posted by Wasdie (50673 posts) -

That's not DayZ, that's War-Z, different game, different developer.

#6 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

That's not DayZ, that's War-Z, different game, different developer.

Wasdie

Might want to change the title. Thanks for the interview link. Interesting read.Elann2008

self_facepalm.jpg

#7 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
All is well now among the chaos that is War-Z! :P
#8 Posted by Jebus213 (8922 posts) -
"There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game."
#9 Posted by thedarklinglord (662 posts) -
While I get what he's saying - and could almost take his side, accept that it was just a misunderstanding and people are blowing it way out of proportion - he has the worst possible attitude and really comes across like a smug dickbag who really doesn't give a damn about those people who supported The War Z with their purchase. Definitely not the attitude you want to present if you expect players to stick around and continue to support you.
#10 Posted by airshocker (31018 posts) -

"There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game."Jebus213

This deserves a massive LOL.

13440840308763.jpg

#11 Posted by Jebus213 (8922 posts) -
#12 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
"There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game."Jebus213
that stuff that dumb dude said just kills me and made my night... dude needs a new job...
#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"] ......

perfection!
#15 Posted by kozzy1234 (35361 posts) -

......Jebus213

mikewhoa.png

Oh man that is GOLD!

bushlaugh.png

#16 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]"There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game."k2theswiss
that stuff that dumb dude said just kills me and made my night... dude needs a new job...

Sadly, he probably doesn't need a new job now. 'Cause he has one. Scam artist.
#17 Posted by SharkheadHD (227 posts) -

That guy is a complete joke.

#18 Posted by kieran88 (2273 posts) -

Anyone else picturing this?

Sergei

With more lies.

#19 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -
That's intense. The chutzpah of that guy...
#20 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

So many lies...this guy makes up those numbers like nothing, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands...what is wrong with him, you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe such a thing, WoW itself won't get 90K+ people doing surveys, unless they plan to take the game down or they make a bad expansion, then there'll be millions of people.

Have a look at all this bs (it's in the article, if you didn't check, the link)

He's so delusional, he can't even do a 1+1 after all those big numbers

- 30% of our players played DayZ
- 70% of our players never played Dayz
- 5% of our players never heard about DayZ before they started looking into The War Z

Even more, found this on its Steam forum, originated from reddit:

Steam users are reporting the following:"... They actually increased the respawn-timer from 1 hour to 4 hours. BUT they added a revive button, where you can spend 50GC (real money) to revive them instantly." Additionally, they are now forcing you to sign the TOS to play the game, which includes disallowing refunds. This is against the law.

#21 Posted by arlen2411 (40 posts) -

I have played a little with War-Z and as the idea of it is really cool, but the way it is doen...not so well. GFX i really bad even at Ultra settings, but the wrold is huge so it's OK. But for now even beta version is boring, a lot of things to be done..still.

#22 Posted by gamebreakerz__ (5120 posts) -
When you search for DayZ on Steam, The War Z comes up as the only search option, what a joke, it seems even Steam is complicit in this scam, hopefully not.
#23 Posted by trijity (810 posts) -

When you search for DayZ on Steam, The War Z comes up as the only search option, what a joke, it seems even Steam is complicit in this scam, hopefully not.gamebreakerz__

Uhhh...this was really dumb. DayZ may not be on Steam because....one can not "purchase" DayZ.

#24 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18418 posts) -

Not sure why Valve still lets them have their game on steam after all the chaos. The guy clearly doesn't know how to be good at PR and blames customers for them putting up the wrong info.. I will never support him or any company he works for. Very shady business practices. Especially since now they are making everyone sign the TOU before playing and it says they won't ever give out refunds. They have also increased the respawn time to 4 hours, but you can pay real money to respawn instantly. This game is a huge failure. People should avoid it.

#25 Posted by klusps (10385 posts) -

I get a feeling that this guy doesn't understand the video game industry, gamers aren't stupid and you have to be careful about what you say on the internet.

#26 Posted by kozzy1234 (35361 posts) -

Even FORBES has an article on how bad this whole thing is.

This is not your regular videogame site either.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/19/allegations-of-false-advertising-hound-the-war-z-release-on-steam/

First time I have been dissapointed in valve/steam, they should have not allowed this game on there with all of its false advertisement and all the other BS.

#27 Posted by Treflis (11834 posts) -
I hope Valve sits down and do offer refunds for those that request it over that game, as well as make sure developers can't trick their "quick money grabbing hands"- video games onto Steam. Happy I managed to stop a friend of mine from getting it.
#28 Posted by kozzy1234 (35361 posts) -

You cannot buy it now on steam thankfully

#29 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -

According to PC Gamer, Steam is offering refunds.

Edit: Er, ah, I guess the original source was actually Rock Paper Shotgun.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/19/the-war-z-no-longer-available-on-steam/

#30 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

LOL When did Bagdhad Bob become a game developer?