Installing Vista: Error Code 0x8007045D

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LightSoulBlue
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts

So, I have just finished building my computer and I try to install Vista Ultimate. Unfortunately, I run upon this error. Here are my specs:

Intel E6300
MSI P6N Platinum Mobo
Western Digital 320GB HDD
PNY 1GB RAM
MSI 7900 GTX
Antec TPII 550W PSU

Any suggestions as to fix this problem?

36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 36O
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts
no idea, I suggest just trying to reinstall it and see what happens. And I am sure this has nothing to do with the error code, but you might want more RAM then 1GB for Vista.
LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LightSoulBlue
No worries, I have Vista on another computer with 1 gig of RAM and it runs fine. Any other suggestions?
36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 36O
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061005113945AARFw70
LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LightSoulBlue
Much thanks, but I've got the DVD version. An I supposed to copy the dvd into an ISO image then RE-burn it onto another dvd at a low speed?
36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 36O
Much thanks, but I've got the DVD version. An I supposed to copy the dvd into an ISO image then RE-burn it onto another dvd at a low speed?LightSoulBlue
I am not confirming anything here but that is my best guess because it seems people have problems doing it at high speeds.
LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightSoulBlue
Theres no manual way to lower the read speeds or something via BIOS?
36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 36O

Theres no manual way to lower the read speeds or something via BIOS?LightSoulBlue

sorry, I wouldn't know, but try more online sources, I just looked up your error code by inputting on google "vista error code : (your code)" and I got a ton of sites about it.

LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LightSoulBlue
Same here, minus the term "vista". It's strange since it seems that most people seem to have downloaded Vista as opposed to bought it via DVD...or maybe there's something I'm not reading. Anyway, is there a free program I can get to burn an ISO image of the DVD?
Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts

how are you running vista on 1gb of ram? doesnt it take one gig to run vista alone? what about everything else that needs it.

edit my typing is horrid,either that or im a moron. probably both

36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 36O

Same here, minus the term "vista". It's strange since it seems that most people seem to have downloaded Vista as opposed to bought it via DVD...or maybe there's something I'm not reading. Anyway, is there a free program I can get to burn an ISO image of the DVD?LightSoulBlue

http://www.bestfreewaredownload.com/freeware/t-free-free-create-burn-iso-freeware-glgcrbok.html

good luck

LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LightSoulBlue

how are you running vista on 1gb of ram? doesnt it take one gig to run vista alone? what about everything else that needs it.

floridaskater05

Contrary to popular belief, Vista does not eat RAM for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 floridaskater05
[QUOTE="floridaskater05"]

LightSoulBlue

Contrary to popular belief, Vista does not eat RAM for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

dont care what beliefs there are....25% of my ram is used at all time according to my stuff.25% of 4gb is 1gb :P so its eating 1gb of my ram.i always see people saying in this forum that vista wont run good on anything less then 2gb of ram lol. dont take offense :D im your friend

LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LightSoulBlue
[QUOTE="LightSoulBlue"][QUOTE="floridaskater05"]

floridaskater05

dont care what beliefs there are....25% of my ram is used at all time according to my stuff.25% of 4gb is 1gb :P so its eating 1gb of my ram.i always see people saying in this forum that vista wont run good on anything less then 2gb of ram lol. dont take offense :D im your friend

Lol. None taken, friend. I'm just trying to get my new computer up and running. And sure, the components are a little outdated/not the best, but to me, it's new, my first build, and I'm damn proud of it as well. =]

floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 floridaskater05
i know how it is
andyroo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 andyroo08
Member since 2004 • 2082 Posts

I had a similar error, if not the same one when installing vista on a secondary computer. I knew the DVD drive was sensitive to some discs so I just temporarily hooked up the drive from my main machine to install vista and it worked fine. So only thing I could suggest is if you have a spare or another drive you could use from another computer, try that.

beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 beatzfreak69
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts
[QUOTE="LightSoulBlue"][QUOTE="floridaskater05"]

floridaskater05

That's because of superfetching. Vista uses all the ram it wants until you have an application running that needs it.

LightSoulBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LightSoulBlue

I had a similar error, if not the same one when installing vista on a secondary computer. I knew the DVD drive was sensitive to some discs so I just temporarily hooked up the drive from my main machine to install vista and it worked fine. So only thing I could suggest is if you have a spare or another drive you could use from another computer, try that.

andyroo08

I've tried putting in another dvd drive from my Dell computer, but it doesn't get picked up by my new machine! Then again, I'm not really sure how to install an IDE cd/dvd drive and the master/slave settings and all that. If you could provide a quick hot-to guide to ease my troubles...?

andyroo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 andyroo08
Member since 2004 • 2082 Posts
[QUOTE="andyroo08"]

LightSoulBlue

I've tried putting in another dvd drive from my Dell computer, but it doesn't get picked up by my new machine! Then again, I'm not really sure how to install an IDE cd/dvd drive and the master/slave settings and all that. If you could provide a quick hot-to guide to ease my troubles...?

Unless you have multiple ide drives, whether it's set as the master or slave drive shouldn't really matter. If your current dvd drive is an IDE just disconnect it and hook the power and ribbon cable to your dell drive.