In need of a new mouse.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts

I've been using an older Logitech Marathon mouse for the past year and a half. Mostly just for every day use with some light gaming. It recently started becoming unresponsive, and with Diablo III approaching I think it's time to replace it. The mouse worked well for every day use, but I plan on playing Diablo III pretty heavily so I would like to go with an actual gaming mouse.

I'd like to move away from Logitech and have been looking at Razer or SteelSeries. I'd like to keep it under $80. I also don't really care for MMO gaming mice or anything with more than 2-5 extra buttons. Simplicity is key.

The Razer Deathadder was my first choice. It's reasonably priced, and has gotten a lot of solid feedback. Only problem with that one is that it's a bit large, and I have small hands. Seems like it will be harder to use for me unless I used a full palm grip, which I don't like.

My second choice is the SteelSeries Diablo III mouse. It looks fantastic and is reasonably priced on Amazon right now at around $60. The only problem I see with that one is the negative feedback. Not about design, but about durability. Apparently a lot of people have had them break after short usage.

I play some shooters, mostly CSS and CoD, but the majority of time spent using the mouse will be on Diablo 3. Does anyone have any suggestions, or input on the two I am currently looking at?

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I've been using an older Logitech Marathon mouse for the past year and a half. Mostly just for every day use with some light gaming. It recently started becoming unresponsive, and with Diablo III approaching I think it's time to replace it. The mouse worked well for every day use, but I plan on playing Diablo III pretty heavily so I would like to go with an actual gaming mouse.

I'd like to move away from Logitech and have been looking at Razer or SteelSeries. I'd like to keep it under $80. I also don't really care for MMO gaming mice or anything with more than 2-5 extra buttons. Simplicity is key.

The Razer Deathadder was my first choice. It's reasonably priced, and has gotten a lot of solid feedback. Only problem with that one is that it's a bit large, and I have small hands. Seems like it will be harder to use for me unless I used a full palm grip, which I don't like.

My second choice is the SteelSeries Diablo III mouse. It looks fantastic and is reasonably priced on Amazon right now at around $60. The only problem I see with that one is the negative feedback. Not about design, but about durability. Apparently a lot of people have had them break after short usage.

I play some shooters, mostly CSS and CoD, but the majority of time spent using the mouse will be on Diablo 3. Does anyone have any suggestions, or input on the two I am currently looking at?

ACx7

I spent £25 on this. It is honestly the best mouse I have ever owned.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Just a tip: If you know any stores that sell these mice (retail of course)... Go to the store and try them out. This way, you'll get to handle them and know which is more comfortable for you. I personally use a Razer Deathadder and I love it. Although if it was to ever break or anything, I'm thinking of trying the Steelseries Sensei (or RAW Rubberized)(basically the same as the DiabloIII mouse but without the aesthetics).
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
I love my Logitech G400.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

ACx7
Roccat Kone - best mouse you'll ever need; Unless you're into MMOs - then it's the Naga you're looking for
ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ACx7

Just a tip: If you know any stores that sell these mice (retail of course)... Go to the store and try them out. This way, you'll get to handle them and know which is more comfortable for you. I personally use a Razer Deathadder and I love it. Although if it was to ever break or anything, I'm thinking of trying the Steelseries Sensei (or RAW Rubberized)(basically the same as the DiabloIII mouse but without the aesthetics).trastamad03

The DeathAdder has gotten great feedback from everyone I have asked about it. It's also an extremely nice looking mouse. I'm heading up to BestBuy tomorrow afternoon. I think they have a mouse display, so hopefully that is one of the mice you can try. As long as it's not too big, it's probably going to be the one I get. Though it will be hard to pass up on that Diablo III mouse.

@PredatorRules I do plan on playing Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, and maybe giving WoW another go, but I don't think I would like a mouse with as many buttons as the Naga has. Maybe the Naga Hex since it has half the amount, but I'm not sure. Probably one of those things that would just take some getting used to.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts
I'd recommend the Cyborg gaming mouse. I got one and it's awesome.
ispaans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ispaans
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts
try this one http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gaming/vengeance-gaming-mice/vengeance-m60-performance-fps-laser-gaming-mouse.html i will be getting the mmo mouse m90 soon
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

everyone got all kind of suggestions, maybe if you would tell us what do you like in a mouse optical, laser, ergonomic, lost of buttons etc.

And my suggestion is Mionix Naos 3200.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
The RAT 7 is great if you have heavy hands since you can add weights to it so it doesn't slide all over the place. I personally use the right handed Deathadder the most despite it being rather light, it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.
Alex41790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Alex41790
Member since 2007 • 469 Posts

I bought the Deathadder several months ago and I really like the mouse. Really can't go wrong with it, unless you need a mouse that has like 20 buttons for MMOs.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ACx7

everyone got all kind of suggestions, maybe if you would tell us what do you like in a mouse optical, laser, ergonomic, lost of buttons etc.

And my suggestion is Mionix Naos 3200.

Silicel1

Well..I kind of did. I prefer a simplistic mouse that I am not forced to hold entirely in my palm.(I use "Claw Grip" apparently) A few extra buttons is nice, but something like an MMO mouse might be a bit much. As for ergonomics as long as I can use it for a few hours at a time without my hand cramping up, it doesn't matter much. Seonsor doesn't matter much either. As long as it's smooth and accurate.

Sorry for being so vague.Like I said, I've never been a heavy PC gamer. So I'm not exactly sure what's best.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
The most important part about a mouse is that it's comfortable, so I would suggest trying them out at a big store or something. I got the RAT7, which is great because you can customize it. Though it could perhaps be uncomfortable.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
[QUOTE="ispaans"]try this one http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gaming/vengeance-gaming-mice/vengeance-m60-performance-fps-laser-gaming-mouse.html i will be getting the mmo mouse m90 soon

ya i have the m60. its great mouse, the build quality is fantastic and its very comfortable for the palm grip
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

I love my M305. It's not a gaming mouse at all, but responds nicely and is accurate enough to my likings. But what sold it for me was the size. It's somewhere between a laptop mouse and a desktop model. Apparently this is the most comfortable for me. I've paid €20 to €30 for it, not exactly sure. Love it... but I don't think this is what you're looking for.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Razer lachesis is comfy for fps.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Logitech G700 is pretty excellent for a wireless mouse. It's a little bit pricey but it's very accurate and has a lot of button on it, all pretty easy to make use of.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I'd say the Logitech G500, no brainer. It got a 97% review on PC Gamer I believe and is currently one of the best gaming mouses available. Lots of buttons, comfy feel, responsive, customizable, and it works like a charm.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
wheel mouse optical if you are a pro gamer, you can buy the mice liseted in this thread if you are a casual gamer
ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ACx7
Well I ended up going and trying a few out tonight. Of the ones I got to try the DeathAdder seemed most like what I am looking for. I'm still going to look around for a little bit more, but it's very likely I will get that one. Thanks for your input, everyone. :D
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

I'd say the Logitech G500, no brainer. It got a 97% review on PC Gamer I believe and is currently one of the best gaming mouses available. Lots of buttons, comfy feel, responsive, customizable, and it works like a charm.

SPYDER0416

This.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

mx518. I have had this mouse since 2005 and had the mx510 before.

Best mouse ever. Good weight to it, good feel to it, enough buttons, and durable. Has 3 DPI settings, I only have ever used 800DPI, but it goes up to 1600 I believe.

So it's lasted over 7 years. I see no reason to upgrade. I don't need a weird feeling mouse or one with a million buttons or one that glows.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

mx518. I have had this mouse since 2005 and had the mx510 before.

Best mouse ever. Good weight to it, good feel to it, enough buttons, and durable. Has 3 DPI settings, I only have ever used 800DPI, but it goes up to 1600 I believe.

So it's lasted over 7 years. I see no reason to upgrade. I don't need a weird feeling mouse or one with a million buttons or one that glows.

jakes456
should probably get a g400 over that if you wanted a mx518 similar mouse because at 125hz the mx518 is more prone to skipping
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The RAT 7 is great if you have heavy hands since you can add weights to it so it doesn't slide all over the place. I personally use the right handed Deathadder the most despite it being rather light, it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.Zubinen
+1 Razer Deathadder. It's truly awesome.