I'm at a dilemma...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Botodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Botodile
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

So, I'm about to buy Dragon Age Origins on PC. The catch is, I had it on Xbox 360 awhile ago, and It was ok, but not the best thing ever. So the question is, will I enjoy it much more on PC?

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I don't think you will because it is the same game but if you hated a spefic part like the controls then thats a different story

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

So, I'm about to buy Dragon Age Origins on PC. The catch is, I had it on Xbox 360 awhile ago, and It was ok, but not the best thing ever. So the question is, will I enjoy it much more on PC?

Botodile

I don't think you will because it is the same game but if you hated a spefic part like the controls then thats a different story

ASRCSR

My younger brother said to me that the 360 version of the game had less "control" over your NPC counterparts than you could get via the PC due to limitations of CPU power on the 360 over what the PC can handle. In other words, you get more options and controllability over NPC members in your group on the PC, than you would on the 360 version. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but that's what he told me.

I don't know for certain since I don't have a 360 and can't confirm this info or not. Not to mention the better graphics (if you have a somewhat decent gaming PC) you get to play the game with.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I wouldn't recommend it. I keep restarting the game hoping to be drawn in, and I did like the rogue I started last.. but here I am again, it's been a week since I played and I still don't feel like it.

The PC version has better graphics, better controls, and the game is generally more difficult, but other than that it's the same stuff. I can only speak for myself, but I find that RPG combat is a secondary draw. The primary reason I play them is for the plot and character interaction. That's what draws me in. So if you got kinda bored of it on 360, I doubt you'll find it that much more amazing on PC.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

Dragon Age Origins does look better on PC. Except for that though, not much difference :P

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
If you did not like it on 360, you will more than likely not like it on the PC.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Only the controls are better on the PC. If you didn't like the game just because of the controls, then you will be happy. If not then, well you wont be.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Unless of course you decide to mod the game.... in which case you can change the way your NPCs look, expand your inventory, throw in a whole bunch of additional items, and alter the game play in lots of interesting ways.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Dragon Age Origins does look better on PC. Except for that though, not much difference :P

bobbleheadrogue
Considering the amount of stuff I added to the game by using mods that's not really true.
gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

Same game, if that's what you disliked.

If you wanted better controls, the PC edition is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior to that of the 360.