If SC2 Got Shot Down I'm Assuming C&C4 Is Toast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GameNoMore
Member since 2009 • 136 Posts

I was very surprised by how far Supreme Commander 2 got beat down for dumbing down their gsme to the level of most standard RTS games. Command & Conquer 4 is much more dumbed down than previous titles. Since C&C was already very dumbed down C&C4 is pretty much no longer a real RTS game. I expect it to be scored almost to 2.0 by the players.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

I was very surprised by how far Supreme Commander 2 got beat down for dumbing down their gsme to the level of most standard RTS games. Command & Conquer 4 is much more dumbed down than previous titles. Since C&C was already very dumbed down C&C4 is pretty much no longer a real RTS game. I expect it to be scored almost to 2.0 by the players.

GameNoMore

Mostly everyone doesn't like C&C4. While I found the beta somewhat enjoyable, I hate the changes that they made. They changed to a terrible formula for basically the most important game in the Tiberium Series.

By the way, C&C was in no way dumbed down before C&C4. C&C is a series that helped define the term Real Time Strategy.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
I haven't tried cnc4, but from what i hear, a lot of people dislike it. And, I will probably too. I loved Base Building, and mineral collecting.
yworry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yworry69
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

what is with them streamlining the good parts out of games nowadays

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

I'll be surprised if C&C 4 averages over 6/10 in reviews. It's simply a bad game.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

wow its really that bad, thats disappointing. Supcom 2 was hated basically because the first game was a very in depth experience while the sequel is dumbed down... but this shocks me.

GameNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GameNoMore

Well C&C4 is also full of other horrible things. They were going to add more than one game mode but didn't have time. Almost all of the staff was fired and replaced with another existing studio. Funding was also much lower than C&C3. There was going to be a Scrin faction but they didn't have the resources. They used lots of C&C3 models. The game is built for lots of expansion content so out of the box this game is very empty content wise. There's only like 17 missions in the whole game. It has hidden DRM where you have to be logged in the whole time with a lame excuse of a leveling system in single player that carries over to multiplayer.

MrBoxhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrBoxhead
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It's hard to say - C&C is a different kind of game. Supreme Commander has always been about building tons of assorted sized robots and smashing them together - not very much army micro. C&C is less straightforward - you still build stuff, but not all of it is who can build the most robots the fastest.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm getting tired of games that, all they require, is you spam units and throw them against the other guy. I'll stick with Dawn of War 2 over any game like that.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="GameNoMore"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

Mostly everyone doesn't like C&C4. While I found the beta somewhat enjoyable, I hate the changes that they made. They changed to a terrible formula for basically the most important game in the Tiberium Series.

By the way, C&C was in no way dumbed down before C&C4. C&C is a series that helped define the term Real Time Strategy.

yeah no one truly enjoys it.. not different enough to be the next DoWII. not samey enough to be the next status quo warcraft or starcraft.. i cans ee it going the way of universe @ war.

and yeah show some gd respect man.. C & C (the westwood era) was worth its weight in weapons grade uranium. whereas starcraft was worth whatever you found it for at walmart :P

DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 DabsTight703
Member since 2008 • 1966 Posts
I haven't tried cnc4, but from what i hear, a lot of people dislike it. And, I will probably too. I loved Base Building, and mineral collecting.polishkid99
I agree. Base building defines RTS games for me. To take it out completely and still label your game as an RTS is foolish at best.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="polishkid99"]I haven't tried cnc4, but from what i hear, a lot of people dislike it. And, I will probably too. I loved Base Building, and mineral collecting.DabsTight703
I agree. Base building defines RTS games for me. To take it out completely and still label your game as an RTS is foolish at best.

no im pretty sure you can.. what is the total war series then..non-existant or something??

madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts
I liked C&C between dune 2 and starcraft. Never really got into C&C games besides trying them or seeing them at friends. I found the multiplayer very stupid, no real micro, stupid bombs and specials, units just do damage and don't have special abilities, etc. I love how starcrafts ghost handled the nuke and how each unit had totally different skills and abilities while gameplay was still very balanced. You need to anticipate on every unit your enemy is making. and the gameplay of SC is way faster then C&C wich i like too. (plz don't reply if your a C&C fanboy and/or never really tried starcraft.)
GameNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GameNoMore
[QUOTE="madmenno"]I liked C&C between dune 2 and starcraft. Never really got into C&C games besides trying them or seeing them at friends. I found the multiplayer very stupid, no real micro, stupid bombs and specials, units just do damage and don't have special abilities, etc. I love how starcrafts ghost handled the nuke and how each unit had totally different skills and abilities while gameplay was still very balanced. You need to anticipate on every unit your enemy is making. and the gameplay of SC is way faster then C&C wich i like too. (plz don't reply if your a C&C fanboy and/or never really tried starcraft.)

I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed when I played C&Cs and didn't look at such detail as you said when I was younger but now yes you're very right. C&C has always been lacking.