I think I might have a problem, and I need help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

SSo I downloaded a program to watch a video for class, and along with the software for the video, I got som icons that latched onto my Mozilla Firefox browser. How do i remove them? They are these icons that appear at the top above the tab ofthe name of the webpage i am viewing.I keep trying to remove the icons on my Firefox browser, but it won't let me. Here is the website here i downloaded the file, so that i could watch the video.

http://www.kqed.org/arts/programs/spark/profile.jsp?essid=4455

I cicked on Play Video, and did the steps to get the software. Can someone help me remove the icons?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

Have you went into your control panel and tried to uninstall it?

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

It probably installed a toolbar. Right click in the blank space above the address bar. The only things there should be menu bar, and navigation and bookmarks toolbars. If you see something else, then you should be able to go to control panel and uninstall it.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86

It probably installed a toolbar. Right click in the blank space above the address bar. The only things there should be menu bar, and navigation and bookmarks toolbars. If you see something else, then you should be able to go to control panel and uninstall it.

ShyGuy0504
What the, i right clicked above it and clicked on the check marked yahoo tool bar, and it went away. Is this all i have to do? I mean, does this mean my mozilla browser isn't insecure and does not have a virus?
ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShyGuy0504

[QUOTE="ShyGuy0504"]

hydralisk86

What the, i right clicked above it and clicked on the check marked yahoo tool bar, and it went away. Is this all i have to do? I mean, does this mean my mozilla browser isn't insecure and does not have a virus?

No it isn't a virus. And what you did only hides it. If you want to remove it completely go to programs in the control panel and uninstall it there.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="ShyGuy0504"]

ShyGuy0504

No it isn't a virus. And what you did only hides it. If you want to remove it completely go to programs in the control panel and uninstall it there.

Do i go to the "Add or Remove Programs" part of Control Panel? And if so, what would that program be called for me to remove it?
ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShyGuy0504

[QUOTE="ShyGuy0504"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"] What the, i right clicked above it and clicked on the check marked yahoo tool bar, and it went away. Is this all i have to do? I mean, does this mean my mozilla browser isn't insecure and does not have a virus?hydralisk86

Do i go to the "Add or Remove Programs" part of Control Panel? And if so, what would that program be called for me to remove it?

Yes. It will most likely be called yahoo toolbar or something similar.

Ewan-Lumsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ewan-Lumsden
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts
Right click over it and click delete.