I need an adventure game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

Hi guys

i've been, like stated in a previous thread, attacked by some sort of gaming crysis, and i've came to the conclusion that i actually need an adventure game, because i really miss these

are there any good ones, be it classic, be it recent, that i haven't tried yet?

I've tried and loved: -Gabriel Knight -Black Mirror -Overclocked -TLJ Can't really remember anymore now :P

Do make suggestions! :)

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Check out Nikopol : Secret of The Immortals. It has a futuristic neo noir setting, and it also has one of the more bizarre stories and world I've seen. I mean that in a good way.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Monkey Island series
Myst series
Maniac Mansion
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Beneath a Steel Sky
Blade Runner
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Broken Sword series
Phantasmagoria
Harvester
7th Guest
11th Hour
Flight of the Amazon Queen
The Dig

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Definitely check out the new Sam & Max series. You can get the entire package (3 seasons, each season has 6 episodes) onsteam. Fully worth the price by the way, these games are not only incredibly entertaining, but all combined will give you countless hours of enjoyment. Great puzzles, interesting stories, excellent comedy, excellent writting, great 3D cartoony graphics, and funny characters.

Then you can check out Sanitarium. It's older, but looks great thanks to the detailed izometric engine, and plays well as with any adventure-game. It's one of my favorite adventure games ever, and the reason for this is that it mind-raped me so much so that everything has ben embbeded in my mind gloriously.

So be warned, this is the best psychological-horror game ever created, and it really isn't suited for a younger mind.

JC_AEK4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 JC_AEK4ever
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

Syberia

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

Yesterday and The Runaway series are two I really enjoyed.

giovannimcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 giovannimcc
Member since 2011 • 132 Posts

I am enjoying the walking dead at the moment. Before that Gemini Rue was fun.

ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

Definitely check out the new Sam & Max series. You can get the entire package (3 seasons, each season has 6 episodes) onsteam. Fully worth the price by the way, these games are not only incredibly entertaining, but all combined will give you countless hours of enjoyment. Great puzzles, interesting stories, excellent comedy, excellent writting, great 3D cartoony graphics, and funny characters.

Then you can check out Sanitarium. It's older, but looks great thanks to the detailed izometric engine, and plays well as with any adventure-game. It's one of my favorite adventure games ever, and the reason for this is that it mind-raped me so much so that everything has ben embbeded in my mind gloriously.

So be warned, this is the best psychological-horror game ever created, and it really isn't suited for a younger mind.

Lucianu
Thanks for the heads up, Sanitarium seems great and i'll get it now Already had Sam and max on my backlog, i'll start with that too :) Great suggestions guys, can't wait to try some of those
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Just to add: Little Big Adventure 2 and Kings Quest VII; good games with a lot of personality, very unforgettable.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

OP, are you aware you spelled 'crisis' as 'crysis'? You may have been playing that game too much!

Anyway, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is an excellent adventure game if you like plenty of story to go along with it.

TurtleSh3lls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TurtleSh3lls
Member since 2012 • 74 Posts
I actually first played Sanitarium not too long ago after having heard about it probably.... 13 years ago. I guess I'm a little slow. Turned out to be quite a sick, twisted and fun game.