I'm about to give XCOM EU a go.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I been wanting to to play this game even I never an XCOM game before. It was free because of the joystiq awards which made things even better. I heard this game has some nasty bugs, but has it been fix yet since the release of enemy within?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

what bugs? I have had 2 playthroughs in the normal EU, and 2 in the EW expansion, only bugs I have seen have been the camera being slightly odd sometimes doing cinematic shots.

my phone version does not contain bugs either. So you should be good I think :)

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

Never experienced any "nasty" bugs in the 70 hours or so that I've played it. Only thing that bugs me about the game are the animations during the tactical combat. Kind of comical seeing an enemy face a direction as he throws a grenade only for the grenade to go in a completely different direction! So while it has some quirky behavior, it's still good to play.

LuminousAether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LuminousAether
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

Some of the shots can be kind of wonky, particularly if you're shooting someone lower than you on a ramp (avoid this scenario). Not a buggy game by any means though, never really was. There was this poor design choice a while back where it doesn't show enemy walking animations if you can't see them so they'd appear to basically teleport around the map and all of a sudden teleport on top of you, but that's largely been alleviated. Still exists to some extent, so just be cautious.

I'd get the Enemy Within expansion though, really adds a lot and makes the game from amazing to incredible.

I highly recommend that you play the game on Classic difficulty mode. Don't play Ironman your first time through, it helps to save and reload a lot to see what works and what doesn't and playing Classic / Ironman at the start might be a bit frustrating. For other playthroughs, C/I is my pick for most fun difficulty mode in the game. I/I (Impossible / Ironman) is a bit much. Hell, save scumming and playing Impossible mode is a bit much.

One tip: the female scientist NPC will admonish you for using grenades. Don't listen to her. She lies. Grenades are an incredibly valuable way to destroy enemies early in the game.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

The only bugs I can remember in Enemy Within and that aren't very common are the teleporting enemies bug. In five campaigns I encountered this around a dozen times, like half of those were on later months on Impossible, apparently too many enemies on screen makes the game go crazy sometimes. The other ones usually involve enemies around the borders of the map that suddenly disappear and reappear in some other place.

The other one is Heavy getting stuck in the suppression animation bug. Happened like three times.

Maybe I encountered a couple of character getting stuck in geometry bugs, but can't remember correctly.

As long as you're not playing the console version you should be mostly fine regarding bugs.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I think there is a problem with the game's auto saving. After time I'm pressing in F10, it doesn't show the game was save. I don't even see a key for auto loading.