I got Age of Conan (pictures!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blicen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Blicen
Member since 2003 • 1810 Posts

Early access starts tomarrow, weird how GameStop is already selling it though. Anyone else picking this up?

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

**vomits**

but seriously enjoy cuase i sure didnt enjoy the beta...

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

**vomits**

darkmagician06

that was stress test:|

it's funny he will go as as to "vomit" when he doesn't even know what the real game will be like :lol:

anyways is there a buddy key that you may be so kind to give to me? :oops: :P

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It was a horrible beta.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmagician06"]

**vomits**

zero9167

that was stress test:|

it's funny he will go as as to "vomit" when he doesn't even know what the real game will be like :lol:

anyways is there a buddy key that you may be so kind to give to me? :oops: :P

true i dont know what the real game is like...but it cant be that different from the beta. also i like how you insult me then ask for something but i dont have any keys anyways homie. 8)

kinda looking forward to Warhammer online more than age of conan.

Blicen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blicen
Yeah, I'm hoping this will hold me over until Warhammer comes out. I've been looking for games to occupy time until then but haven't had any luck. Lets hope I'll like this one.
Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
Just got the CE in not too long ago, lots of neat stuff. The art book is really nice, just thumbed through it, but I'll probably take the time to read it later. Really can't wait to get in and start playing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts
I have a question about this game, will it have monthly fees?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Scratch that I already saw the 50 days free... boy monthly fees suck.

Blicen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blicen

Just got the CE in not too long ago, lots of neat stuff. The art book is really nice, just thumbed through it, but I'll probably take the time to read it later. Really can't wait to get in and start playing.Crzy1

Yeah :), tomarrow will be awesome I think. I just want to jump right in. This box is torturing me.

Lowm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lowm
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

**vomits**

darkmagician06
Same
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I'm glad I didn't waste my money on it but hey...enjoy.
SinfulPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SinfulPotato
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts

ZuluEcho14

You know I thought the same thing, but once I started playing WoW my yearly entertainment budget actually DROPED... I ended up saving money because I play WoW more then renting and buying stuff.

Guru_G4M3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Guru_G4M3R
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
Seriously, I don't see the hype for this game....
SinfulPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SinfulPotato
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts

Seriously, I don't see the hype for this game....Guru_G4M3R

Its the same with every MMO, everyone see something new and hopes it will be better then... Warcraft... and then hype it up a ton... EX: Vangaurd.. lol

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Nice man! Im hoping to get this game to soon!
Nes705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nes705
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts
I'm going to wait for Darkfall to release instead
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

Sorry to hear that. My computer is horrible.Johnny_Rock

fixed

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

I'm jealous. Is that the regular edition?

I saw the game in the back of the counter at EB today, but I couldnt buy it. :(

Still, I'm in EA tomorrow, and plan on playing through the might. I don't know why, but I havent been this excited for a game in a long time. A FFA RP-PVP experience in the Conan world is just going to be awesome!

kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kodai
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

You should see the sheer size of the collectors edition. It's huge. You can measure it in feet. The pleather map, came out looking pretty good. Very much the way you would think of a leather scroll to look like. The hand finished box looks great, though gamestop packed mine poorly and it busted on the bottom right corner. Of all the collectors edition games I've ever bought, this and Soldner-X are the only two worth the price.

I was on the phone with a client when UPS showed up this morning and dropped off my package. It was a pretty big box and I couldnt think of anything I had orderd comming in (as I had forgoten about my preorder, lol). Holding it, I couldnt guess what it was due to it's size and weight. Then I looked at the lable. Gamestop. Great, they sent me (meaning charged me) for a bunch of crap I didnt order. I open the box and blam! Out falls this several pound box of cimmerian goodness. The DVD's are pretty standard fair, and nothing to write home about. Never have seen a good behind the sceens DVD for any game. The Art books are great though. The full size book really shows the newly revized Conan world and how it's starting to shape up. I may have to grab the novels and give them a read. The hardback art book is great as it has a whole history of the Conan novel/graphic novel/comic books. From my understanding nobody can find these collectors editions anymore (in the states anyway), but it's worth a try if you plan to play this game. Well worth the extra money for the extras this time.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kozzy1234

So is the release day today? or next week? or 2morrow?

I should give my ebgames a call adn see when they are selling it, or maybe order it online

Blicen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blicen

Still, I'm in EA tomorrow, and plan on playing through the might. I don't know why, but I havent been this excited for a game in a long time. A FFA RP-PVP experience in the Conan world is just going to be awesome!

TheCrazed420

Yes its regular :).

Blicen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blicen

You should see the sheer size of the collectors edition. It's huge. You can measure it in feet. The pleather map, came out looking pretty good. Very much the way you would think of a leather scroll to look like. The hand finished box looks great, though gamestop packed mine poorly and it busted on the bottom right corner. Of all the collectors edition games I've ever bought, this and Soldner-X are the only two worth the price.

I was on the phone with a client when UPS showed up this morning and dropped off my package. It was a pretty big box and I couldnt think of anything I had orderd comming in (as I had forgoten about my preorder, lol). Holding it, I couldnt guess what it was due to it's size and weight. Then I looked at the lable. Gamestop. Great, they sent me (meaning charged me) for a bunch of crap I didnt order. I open the box and blam! Out falls this several pound box of cimmerian goodness. The DVD's are pretty standard fair, and nothing to write home about. Never have seen a good behind the sceens DVD for any game. The Art books are great though. The full size book really shows the newly revized Conan world and how it's starting to shape up. I may have to grab the novels and give them a read. The hardback art book is great as it has a whole history of the Conan novel/graphic novel/comic books. From my understanding nobody can find these collectors editions anymore (in the states anyway), but it's worth a try if you plan to play this game. Well worth the extra money for the extras this time.

kodai

I saw the collectors box, and yes it is huge. I considered buying it but I've wasted so much money going for collectors edition on games previously and being disappointed in the content (maybe I should of picked it up for AoC though..)

I'm impressed alone in what the regular edition box packs in. If I were to rewind time a bit maybe I would get the collectors knowing what I know now, but a little too late for that.. Maybe next time though :). I could still run back and get it but I really don't feel like spending $90 right now haha, especially since I already spent $50 today :(

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kozzy1234

you guys got me to stoked for this game now hehe, Just ordered Age Of Conan for PC and NInja Gaiden 2 for 360.

Cant wait!

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]

Blicen

Yes its regular :).

Wow, nice. I have the CE to pick up Tuesday and after Kodai's awesome derscription, I can't be more stoked for it. I almost didnt get it because of being burned before on these CE's, but this one sounds amazing.

Lowm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lowm
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Sorry to hear that. My computer is horrible.BLaZe462

fixed

so what if he doesn't like it? stop being a fanboy by trying to make up lies
kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kodai
"I saw the collectors box, and yes it is huge. I considered buying it but I've wasted so much money going for collectors edition on games previously and being disappointed in the content (maybe I should of picked it up for AoC though..)

I'm impressed alone in what the regular edition box packs in. If I were to rewind time a bit maybe I would get the collectors knowing what I know now, but a little too late for that.. Maybe next time though . I could still run back and get it but I really don't feel like spending $90 right now haha, especially since I already spent $50 today " - Blicen

Well, of course it's not worth buying again now that you have the regular edition. And I agree with you on getting the collectors edition of games. I've always been burned on it if it costs more than a regualr editon, and 90% of the time it does. But since I had bought Soldner-X and Sins of a Solar Empire and was for the first time pleased with a collectors editions I thought I'd give it another try when I preordered AoC. Sins of course didnt cost anything extra and just gave a free map or two. So at least it wasnt a rip off. Since I had played the AoC tech beta last year and was pleased with it, I decided to give the big box a try. Well worth every penny. Though at this point, I think I will stop pushing my luck on collectors editons. The way this one came off, I've think I spent all my collectors edition skill points and nothing good will come for a very long time. ^_^

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts

I have my box as well. Normal Edition for the win!

maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 maden2004
Member since 2004 • 688 Posts
I don't want to try the game. Don't like the armor in the game or wepons. Those keys things to sell me an mmorpg because those will be my main items. Maybe i just dont like the age of coan world :S Too bad i kinda was hoping more from this game.
Sephiroth__666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Sephiroth__666
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

Seriously, I don't see the hype for this game....Guru_G4M3R

Same here. I might pick it up in a month or so on ebay when its like $20 or less.

kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kodai
EndersAres, I gota ask. Why is your Big Daddy's face blured out? Did you "mod" him?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kozzy1234
only 30$ for Age Of Conan when i ordered it :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
[QUOTE="ZuluEcho14"]

SinfulPotato

You know I thought the same thing, but once I started playing WoW my yearly entertainment budget actually DROPED... I ended up saving money because I play WoW more then renting and buying stuff.

Well the problem is that , firstly I doubt my parents would let me buy a game that would still make me pay every month, that's one of the reasons why I don't have an Xbox, the second is... I agree with them it's stupid, I don't get much money anyway so I have to manage myself with what I get, I can't spend my gaming budget on a game that makes me pay when I already bought it.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Congrats and have fun! Tell us about it when you get the chance.
wehertn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wehertn
Member since 2003 • 1469 Posts
sry to ehar that ppl are actullu buying the game but hey if u like it u like it there kids who still play archlord ,the beta for aoc was the worst beta ever but hey at least the game has nice gfx lol
AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts
Tell us what you think of it once you've played it, I'd like to see how the game is.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#37 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Enjoy it but I really disliked the Beta, hope the actual game is better
KILLERJAK702KA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KILLERJAK702KA
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
Yup Got mine today they shipped it really quick! Gamestop is fast!
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts

I'm going to wait for Darkfall to release insteadNes705

I realllllllly doubt that game will be released, its been in development for at least 7 years now and they just took out a million dollar loan for it.. so if it doesnt come out soon the whole project will go down the drain.

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts

[QUOTE="Guru_G4M3R"]Seriously, I don't see the hype for this game....SinfulPotato

Its the same with every MMO, everyone see something new and hopes it will be better then... Warcraft... and then hype it up a ton... EX: Vangaurd.. lol

Vanguard is by far the best and most technical MMO. It has more equipment, better lore, better graphicvs, better mounts, better housing, better guilds, better everything. It was just bug ridden when it came out. People who play Wow now after years of refiining it to perfection forget that when a MMO comes out (even WoW) its riddle with bugs and such. Some more than others, but once they are fleshed out its a much better game. Vanguard is tight. Though I play WoW because of the population, hopefully AoC will do good. Id really like to move onto something else.
kodai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kodai

"Tell us what you think of it once you've played it, I'd like to see how the game is." - AnotherKill

I've been playing it off and on for about a year now. I quite like it. I play it for PvE and didnt really bother to put much effort into the PvP aspect of it. That being said, I cant really comment on an entire segment of the game. If however your looking for some grand, new experience in MMO game play, then this isnt the game your looking for. It's fighting system is more "interactive", but it doesnt truly add more depth to the world. It just makes you pay better attention to the game instead of just clicking through a fight (or using macro's like many people do). It's the atmosphere of the world of Conan that makes it great. If you really like (or think you might) the Conan universe, then try the game. If it's something you just never got into, then avoid this game. It's really that simple.

What many people seem to miss about this game is it's purpose. It's a marketing system. A few years ago the company that conrols the Conan series decided to "reboot" the whole kit and kabodle. It was determined that the near dead sales of it's reprints, comics, and failed attempts at a new movie and TV series were because the series had slowly drifted away from the orginal core stores. The problem was there was a limited base for the core stories. But many top selling comics and novels from the 40-70 were able to stay close to the orginal base. So the plan was to restart the entire conan universe after the Howard stories left off. From there, authors (of either novels, comics, scripts, or even games) would behave like the Lovecraft circle. They would be orginal, but keep to the mythos in style. Their peers would make sure everything stays in line with this concept. No matter who makes any of the Conan works, the idea is that it feels like the orginal Howard series. The game is designed to help bring in the younger market to the Conan series as a long term investment. The same way that the orginal comics were made too. Simply put, if you spend several years enjoying the game now, you will be more inclined to buy the novels, and movies later in life.

So again, atmosphere is a major part of this game. Funcom has learned one thing is it's previous MMO experience , and it's that details can make a game. Anarchy Online didnt do well because the game play was new or great. Thats because it really wasnt. It's not like a 3rd person combat game had never been seen. It did well because of the details they put in. The world seemed fresh. All the enhancements one could do to themselves, and their items such as armour, and weapons. All the little audio clips for every little thing in the game, and a well laid out visual plane. It all meshed together to make a detailed world that was very different from most grind based MMO's. Funcom has done the same with Age of Conan. It's filled with the same level of detail that AO had. On top of that, they have devloped a story that makes you feel like your part of the Conan world.

For me, I see this as more of an interactive story that I can enjoy with other players. For others looking to show off their "1337" PvP skill, then their is a place for them on the PvP servers. From what I hear on the boards though, the game seems rather hollow to them. Well, thats because the focus wasnt on them. It was on the story based elements of the game. PvP is more or less used to show the brutal world of Conan, and from what little PvP I've done, I think it did a fine job of that.

So theres my two cents on the game. Hope that give some idea on what the game is like.

xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
The box art looks nice. If anyone has the CE they should definitely post pictures.
THECELLMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 THECELLMASTER
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
Dude your so lucky i can't get the game yet but ill be getting it soon after the wrath of the lich king comes out.
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="BLaZe462"]

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Sorry to hear that. My computer is horrible.Johnny_Rock

fixed

Wow. You didn't even look at my sig, did you? Pathetic nobody...

rick rolled.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kozzy1234

Cant wait to get my copy soon :)

Looks like the summer gaming the next few months will be awesome at least for me... Conan (PC), Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) (also still have to finish up with gta IV, which im taking a short break from right this second hehe)

KODAI.. Thanks for the wonderful thoughts on your experience with the game.