how well does the ps4 controller work with pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

could someone tell me if controller can work out of the box like the xbox 360 controller. Are there any hoops to go through to get it to work?

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

From what I understood, It's only recognized as a generic controller, so games that exclusively use xinput, will not recognize it as an Xbox360 Controller and won't work properly. You can use x360ce to remedy that.

The middle tracking pad doesn't work. It's just a button for Windows.

USB function, as for BT, some say yes, others say no.

Just be patient and let some people buy it and test it, try it out and stuff and later if you're happy with their results, get it, or don't. Whichever.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Doesn't seem to work at all for me. I tried it with BF4, which I later learned isn't supporting Gamepads right. Then I tried DMC and while it did work all of the buttons were horribly mapped out.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts

I've been using it, and some games require a x360ce workaround. On Windows 8/8.1, the bluetooth works flawlessly(just hold share+ps button till light starts flashing). After this, all you have to do is press the ps button to connect, and hold it for a few seconds to turn off. For me, it works anytime and everytime with my bluetooth 4.0 dongle. I have my keyboard, mouse, DS4, and stereo bluetooth headset with no problems whatsoever.

In the future, I'm hoping for rumble/trackpad/gyroscope support. Oh, and f*ck Microsoft and their Xinput api.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@TwistedShade: BF4 should work fine with any xinput controller, works perfectly fine for me except the game has half ass controller support for example exiting menus is not possible on controller and vehicles can only be spawned into by using mouse

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

so if I download the xbox360 ce, all my games should be able to work with the controller then?

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Why don't just stick with your x360/ps3 controller on pc? Dualshock 3 is comfy enough and i doubt that the touch thing ever gets to work on pc

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

@TheShadowLord07: The way x360ce works is that first you configure your button mapping. Once that's done, it'll generate an xinput.dll file along with another file. You have to manually copy/paste those files into the games you wanna play with a controller, every single one of them.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@trastamad03 said:

@TheShadowLord07: The way x360ce works is that first you configure your button mapping. Once that's done, it'll generate an xinput.dll file along with another file. You have to manually copy/paste those files into the games you wanna play with a controller, every single one of them.

Thank you for clarifying how this program works I have been wanting to know and turns out I had the right idea. If my controller does not last until Xbone controller support will definitely get a DS4. I was starting to think you had to run the program in the background like those KB/m to controller emulators which have to stay open to work.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Download the program called ds3tool, it lets you emulate the ps3 controller as an xbox 360 controller.

Benficafan_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Benficafan_101
Member since 2004 • 404 Posts

All games recognize it as an xbox controller if you use Motioninjoy. I use my PS3 controller exclusively on my PC now a days and it works great . There's no real issues though sometimes if you jiggle the cord too much it becomes un-synced so you have to reset it up again but apart from that, it works fine.