How to install 4GB mod in Skyrim?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
Hey guys, just a quick noob question. I'm downloading the 4GB mod for Skyrim that lets you more RAM for the game, but how exactly do I make it work? I'm not that good with mods, so do I have to extract the .exe file to another folder or something? Thanks for your help! EDIT: Here's the mod just in case: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's one of the easiest mods NOT to install. Download the mod, extract files (.rar file), to a new folder. You can start Skyrim 4GB .exe from the folder at any time. No need to put these files in the main Skyrim game directory. Boom. Done. :)
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamerperson33
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's one of the easiest mods NOT to install. Download the mod, extract files (.rar file), to a new folder. You can start Skyrim 4GB .exe from the folder at any time. No need to put these files in the main Skyrim game directory. Boom. Done. :)

So basically, download the files, and I can essentially put them on my desktop and launch the game from there? I think this is the case where it's so easy it's complicated.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's one of the easiest mods NOT to install. Download the mod, extract files (.rar file), to a new folder. You can start Skyrim 4GB .exe from the folder at any time. No need to put these files in the main Skyrim game directory. Boom. Done. :)Gamerperson33
So basically, download the files, and I can essentially put them on my desktop and launch the game from there? I think this is the case where it's so easy it's complicated.

Not sure about desktop, but you can create a "new folder" one the desktop and extract files to the new folder. It's that simple and easy. :)

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's one of the easiest mods NOT to install. Download the mod, extract files (.rar file), to a new folder. You can start Skyrim 4GB .exe from the folder at any time. No need to put these files in the main Skyrim game directory. Boom. Done. :)Elann2008

Not sure about desktop, but you can create a "new folder" one the desktop and extract files to the new folder. It's that simple and easy. :)

Is there an indication on whether or not the mod is running? Will it just increase performance?
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gamerperson33
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"] So basically, download the files, and I can essentially put them on my desktop and launch the game from there? I think this is the case where it's so easy it's complicated. Da_lil_PimP

Is there an indication on whether or not the mod is running? Will it just increase performance?

All right I just played Skyrim for a bit using this mod, and I didn't crash so far, but even before I only had 3-4 crashes in my 50 hours of game time. But either way, I think it's working if it takes you right past the launcher and straight into the part where you load your game. Thanks for the help. Elann. :)
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's one of the easiest mods NOT to install. Download the mod, extract files (.rar file), to a new folder. You can start Skyrim 4GB .exe from the folder at any time. No need to put these files in the main Skyrim game directory. Boom. Done. :)Elann2008

I run it off my desktop myself, works fine. Dragged the new exe to my Win7 bar on the bottom for easy access
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Not sure about desktop, but you can create a "new folder" one the desktop and extract files to the new folder. It's that simple and easy. :)

Gamerperson33

All right I just played Skyrim for a bit using this mod, and I didn't crash so far, but even before I only had 3-4 crashes in my 50 hours of game time. But either way, I think it's working if it takes you right past the launcher and straight into the part where you load your game. Thanks for the help. Elann. :)

I click the skyrim4gb.exe and it brings up the option that lats me choose graphic settings or start playing. Should it be doing that?

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gamerperson33

[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"][QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"] Is there an indication on whether or not the mod is running? Will it just increase performance?Da_lil_PimP

I click the skyrim4gb.exe and it brings up the option that lats me choose graphic settings or start playing. Should it be doing that?

As long as it brings you straight into the logo screen where the options are "Continue, New, Load, etc.".
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Not sure about desktop, but you can create a "new folder" one the desktop and extract files to the new folder. It's that simple and easy. :)

Gamerperson33

Any time man. :) You're welcome.

@wiseboi just tested it. Yup. Off the desktop works too. :)