How to hook up a standard blue ray player to pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KFORM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KFORM
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

How do u hook a blue ray player up to my pc. i have a gtx 295 with hdmi and a asus p6t motherboard. The blue ray player came with all the colour cables, Red, yellow and white etc. How do i go about it.

mmofnbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 mmofnbs
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

To do what exactly? A lot of blue ray players you can hook up to your computer to update firmware but as far as playback on your computer you can not. The HDMI on your 295 is an output and all of your blue rays hookups will be outputs as well. Unless there's something I've overlooked I'm pretty sure that you can't.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Simple, you can't.

Well you can if you hav TV tuner card and it comes with HDMI input, but that doesn't serve much purpose.

KFORM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KFORM

im sorry, but u guys are wrong, in the last hour i conected via a hdmi-d-sub cable the blue ray player straight into the back of my 27 Inch LG screen, and then clicked the buttons under the screen and it goes into the movie :) now i cant get sound. :( any advice please.

NiHM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NiHM
Member since 2002 • 194 Posts

They aren't wrong. You didn't connect it to your computer, you connected it to your monitor.

KFORM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KFORM

my aplogies, i hooked it up to my monitor but i cant get sound, any advice on how to? thanx. I have logitech x530s.

VespertineStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VespertineStar
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

I'm guessing it's because the monitor has no speakers. Since the sound is being transmitted along with the audio you need something to split the audio from the HDMI video feed into something those speakers can accept as an input. As has been said before though it's a very inefficient way to do it if you need to use your PC as an intermediary. Far better would be to get a stand alone stereo or surround amplifier and speakers and run both the blu-ray player and PC through it as well as anything else you need sound from.

Or of course you can also buy a blu-ray drive for the PC.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

usually blu ray players will send AV out from both the HDMI and the analogue plugs. so try Red/white RCA from teh blu ray player to a set of PC speakers (u may need to convert the RCA to 3.5mm plug, i do this with my logitech Z-4's into my samsung TV).

honestly i dont have high hopes for you after the whole PC/monitor incident...