How's The Secret World?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

I've been looking for another MMO for a while, and since The Secret World is on sale, and it requires no sub which is great. I'm just wonder how good it is, how much it's improved since release, how unique it is, and bottom line, is it worth a buy?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@ArchonOver said:

I've been looking for another MMO for a while, and since The Secret World is on sale, and it requires no sub which is great. I'm just wonder how good it is, how much it's improved since release, how unique it is, and bottom line, is it worth a buy?

It's been a while since I played but it's one of those underrated MMOs out there, a real gem.

The combat isn't the greatest but if you play this MMO for just the combat then you're doing it wrong. It's all about story, immersion and atmosphere, and it pulls that off very nicely.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@ArchonOver said:

It's been a while since I played but it's one of those underrated MMOs out there, a real gem.

The combat isn't the greatest but if you play this MMO for just the combat then you're doing it wrong. It's all about story, immersion and atmosphere, and it pulls that off very nicely.

This in a nutshell.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

if you like dual classing this is one of the best games left out there for it. I personally love the skill/talent tree because you can use the skills to use in tandem and there are so many skills.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@edinsftw said:

if you like dual classing this is one of the best games left out there for it. I personally love the skill/talent tree because you can use the skills to use in tandem and there are so many skills.

You raise up a good point. You can pretty much be ALL classes at the end of it all. it's one of those games where you only need one character to do it all. I know I did that with my character. It's bad and good...

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I really wanted to like the game but, for whatever reason, I couldn't. I think I am done with theme-park MMORPGs. They bore me to tears.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@-wildflower- said:

I really wanted to like the game but, for whatever reason, I couldn't. I think I am done with theme-park MMORPGs. They bore me to tears.

I miss the flower logo :(

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

For better or worse it has no monthly fee and it is a good game for what it is. It has the best quests in the genre, and the strongest atmosphere I have seen in an mmo since EVE Online.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

The game looks interesting for sure... I have only heard great things about it to be honest.