How is this build that i have planned/built?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kunal_anand50 (86 posts) -

I have bought some of the parts and the rest of the parts still need to be purchased.

The build is

Msi twin frozer oc r9 280x 3gb

I5 4670

Gigabyte b85m-d3h

Corsair vengeance 4x2 gb 1600mhz ram

Seasonic 520w

Corsair carbide 400r

Seagate baracuda 1tb hdd

Dell s2340l

Any suggestions regarding the part or the variant? How is the build?

#2 Edited by PredatorRules (9009 posts) -

Everything here is sweet with good brands BUT the screen is 7ms I won't recommend it, for 200$ you can get this:

http://www.amazon.com/VN247H-P-24-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00AVYNS7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386377769&sr=8-1&keywords=VN247H

PS don't forget to add some CPU fan/cooler; I currently using it with Noctua C14 and it gets up to 50c*.

#3 Edited by maddogmark25 (3631 posts) -

Good build but I think the PSU is a little lacking. I always like to be on the safe side and have slightly more than I need. I would go maybe 600 or even 650 for this build.

Second the above poster on the monitor, I have a similar ASUS monitor and it is terrific.

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (9009 posts) -

@maddogmark25 said:

Good build but I think the PSU is a little lacking. I always like to be on the safe side and have slightly more than I need. I would go maybe 600 or even 650 for this build.

Second the above poster on the monitor, I have a similar ASUS monitor and it is terrific.

I currently using a Corsair CX500 and with the same GPU he picked - all working fine.

#5 Edited by kunal_anand50 (86 posts) -

Can you guys tell me what is the problem with the monitor that i have picked? The one that you guys are suggesting is not available locally or online in my country.

#6 Edited by PredatorRules (9009 posts) -

@kunal_anand50 said:

Can you guys tell me what is the problem with the monitor that i have picked? The one that you guys are suggesting is not available locally or online in my country.

7ms will motion blur everything you do.

I recommend 5ms or lower.

how about this one? http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS247H-P-23-6-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit/dp/B005BZNDS0/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1386391089&sr=1-4&keywords=screen

#7 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

@kunal_anand50 said:

Can you guys tell me what is the problem with the monitor that i have picked? The one that you guys are suggesting is not available locally or online in my country.

What country are you in?

#8 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@maddogmark25 said:

Good build but I think the PSU is a little lacking. I always like to be on the safe side and have slightly more than I need. I would go maybe 600 or even 650 for this build.

Second the above poster on the monitor, I have a similar ASUS monitor and it is terrific.

I currently using a Corsair CX500 and with the same GPU he picked - all working fine.

Do you live in a temperate climate? What CPU do you have? Have you overclocked anything? For longevity's sake, I would get something that can push a little more power..

(I'm not trying to single you out or be a dick or anything btw. They're honest questions that he should take into consideration)

#9 Edited by kunal_anand50 (86 posts) -

@superclocked:

India. It is available here but its 100$ more and i dont see the worth to pay that much. I read the reviews of the dell one that i have selected, they are positive everywhere.

I wont be overclocking or upgrading the graphics card in atleast 3-4 years and i have heard good stuff about seasonic s12. They are eliable and of good quality.

#10 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

@kunal_anand50: Yeah, you're good to go. Enjoy the new system :)

#11 Posted by kunal_anand50 (86 posts) -

@superclocked: Thanks buddy :D