How do the quests work in Diablo 2 MP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Games_Guy
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

Ok so I got Diablo 2 and played a bit by myself but have now decided to try my hand at multiplayer. So I have played a bit of multiplayer and I dont understand how the quests work in it. Like sometimes the quests will say "you cant do that quest in this game" and sometimes they wont. Sometimes I have all the quests unlocked sometimes I don't. So far the only thing that I notice that is common is that when you complete a quest it stays completed no matter what game you go to. So can someone clear up my confusion and explain how the quests work in multiplayer?

Thanks

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

If you join someone elses game and they have already completed the quests you're on, you won't be able to do them nor complete them. Also, your characters progression is preserved. You can hop from game to game, complete a quest in one, then some other in another, everything from gear to quests will be preserved for you.

Hope this helps you out.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

If you join someone elses game and they have already completed the quests you're on, you won't be able to do them nor complete them. Also, your characters progression is preserved. You can hop from game to game, complete a quest in one, then some other in another, everything from gear to quests will be preserved for you.

Hope this helps you out.

trastamad03

This. Whoever makes the game sets the quest status. I cannot tell you how many times I have made game, had my buddy join and realized we messed up :P.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
The host of the game is the one who the game uses as a basis for making the world. So if they've killed Blood Raven(I think that's her) then she's dead. You can't kill her anymore.