This topic is locked from further discussion.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Grap it from :http://www.fileplanet.com/221898/220000/fileinfo/Might-

Size ~ 4.2 GB

In the demo you can play 3 campaign maps!

• Tutorial campaign: Griffin Bane

Years have passed since the death of Duke Pavel (Reveal Trailer), killed by Demons summoned by the dying wish of the Orc Shaman Toghrul whose tribe had been slaughtered by the Griffin armies. Now a young man, Pavel's only son Slave accompanies his aunt, Sveltana (Reveal Trailer), in the mountains of the Griffin Duchy to investigate signs of a new Demon threat

In this map, the player will discover and control the first Haven and Orc units as well as learn all the basics of the Heroes game mechanics

Prologue campaign: The Emperor's Will

Years have passed - Slava has known war against Elves, found and lost love, eventually marrying a daughter of the Stag Duchy and fathering five promising children. Friendship between Slava and Kraal's Orc remains strong. When the Emperor issues a decree authorizing Slava's old enemy, Duke Gerhart of the Wolf, to deport the Orcs and claim their lands, Slava doesn't hesitate to defy the Emperor's will to defend his friends.

Here, the player will be able to carry on his adventure with the already level-up Duke Slava character and learn all the new features available in Heroes VI including the Area of Control, the Dynasty Weapons & Traits, the Town Conversion, the Unique Buildings, etc…

MULTIPLAYER "HOTSEAT" MODE: Broken Alliance

In Broken Alliance, up to 3 Human players are fighting for dominance of the lands, but they have also to face 3 AI players in control of richer territories. It is not only a matter of strategy, but also of speed… You can play different factions: Haven / Sanctuary / Necropolis / Inferno / Stronghold

Edit : those who were able to play the demo, please share your impressions with us.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

The Gamescom trailer looks great. Downloading the demo now.

This is an Ubisoft game, but they have confirmed that there will be an offline mode. It is strange how some games get the always-on DRM, but others don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Never really played a HoMM game, would this be okay for a newcomer :P?
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Falconoffury

If it is anything like past games in the franchise, then it is very addicting. There is a learning curve, but most people would get the hang of it in a few hours. My download is almost done!

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I played 20 minutes or so. I don't have patience for it today:P

First impressions:

- looks gorgeous... but you can't rotate the camera. Otherwise it's like a higher resolution Heroes 5, basically. From the first second it's obviously a game in the same series.

- the tutorial is excellent, it gives a very detailed walkthrough of every aspect of the game

- excellent interface, very informative!

- the combat doesn't feel as good as King's Bounty's, it's missing the visual and audio cues that made it satisfying in that game

- a crapload of stats, abilities and, well, stuff to get lost in. I haven't played Heroes 5 in ages, but I'm pretty sure that game wasn't throwing so much mathematical info at you from the start. This one proudly displays all that stuff in every menu and tooltip. Thankfully the interface is able to handle and explain it all.

- the orcs are voiced by the same dude from Dark Messiah lol

- story, lore, characters and presentation feel just as rubbish and cheesy as expected from a Might and Magic game. That's a plus.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I posted this on a different forum but these are my basics thoughts about it...

I'm actually a little disappointed with the demo...felt really unpolished. Lots of slight but awkward pauses with the animation. Sounds effects were really done poorly...not the actual effects per-say but for instance when you do a special attack with your hero he rides by and hits the enemy but the sound effect doesn't play until after the animation is finished. Really strange way of doing it... The new town interface is not the greatest (poor even). Not only is it lacking how cool it was in the previous games, it just feels cumbersome to navigate. Also noticed things like there's no flanking bonuses to attacking...which I thought they would implement this time around. I'm not entirely sure though I may give it another try later. There were some nice positives too the music was great and I really dig the art in the game. Also the new area of control aspect I think seems like a good improvement from the resource ganking of the last games.Me

I've played every HoMM since 2 and have also played the original King's Bounty (the precursor to HoMM) as well as the new series...something is just off with the new installment. I really hope it's just a bad demo.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
I thought they were allowing beta access for those that preordered it on Steam? If so then there's still bugs to workout.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Renevent42
No, they released a demo: http://www.fileplanet.com/221898/220000/fileinfo/Might-&-Magic-Heroes-VI-Demo
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]No, they released a demo: http://www.fileplanet.com/221898/220000/fileinfo/Might-&-Magic-Heroes-VI-Demo

Yes it is a demo on steam, but if you read the whole page it's a beta demo!
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Renevent42
Everything is a beta these days lol. I am sure some of the things I mention will get fixed up though...the big stuff...I hope so.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Falconoffury

I disagree with Revenant about the town screen and the interface in general. This is the most optimized and streamlined interface I have ever seen in a Heroes game. Everything seems very well organized and easy to find with a minimum of mouse clicks. I love the fact that when you click troops to hire or buildings to build, it expands the bubble to show you the resources needed. Granted, the town screen and interface lack some of the charm from past Heroes games, but it is great from a gameplay perspective.

The graphics are far better than 5. Humans are proportioned correctly, and look more human. The mythical creatures are very detailed, less cartoony, and better proportioned than in 5. Even the 2D portraits are beautiful. The sound, animations, and graphics are all top notch.

Some of the design decisions still worry me, but I would need to put a lot more time into the game before I can judge it in this area. I'm still worried about "blood crystals" being the only rare resource. I'm not sure about the idea that you can't directly take control of mines, but you have to conquer the local fort or town. The fact that you can pick abilities from a large list might lead many gamers to simple pick the same order of skills with every hero, in every game, because they believe they had found the perfect "build". Dealing with useless skills was part of the fun in past Heroes games.

Overall, the early impression is great. I am sure that I will pour hundreds of hours into this game, despite any issues I may have with it.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
Never really played a HoMM game, would this be okay for a newcomer :P?FPS_Gamer123
Start with Heroes of might and magic 3. Anyway im not that hyped up for HoMM VI. I dont like how they have removed most of the depth and its mostly a shell of a game now compared to the older titles.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

[QUOTE="FPS_Gamer123"]Never really played a HoMM game, would this be okay for a newcomer :P?KalDurenik
Start with Heroes of might and magic 3. Anyway im not that hyped up for HoMM VI. I dont like how they have removed most of the depth and its mostly a shell of a game now compared to the older titles.

By depth, do you mean all the resource types? Cause I don't think that's most of the depth.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 naval

I haven't tried it now, but is this correct ? You can buy troops from all different castles in just one castle

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I haven't tried it now, but is this correct ? You can buy troops from all different castles in just one castle

naval

No. Take a look:

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 naval

[QUOTE="naval"]

Baranga

No. Take a look:

ah .. cool, thanks. Not sure what the guy meant when we said something like that.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Falconoffury

Has anyone beaten the skirmish map "Broken Alliance" on normal difficulty yet? I tried and failed twice. I'm constantly facing heroes with much more powerful armies than my own by month 2 or 3. It feels like I'm playing the highest difficulty on Heroes 2 or 3.