HL2 Insurgency mod...released!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raf4000
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts

Its here its realy here! Insurgency mod is out one of the most awaited HL mods out there, its free and a must have.

Download: http://www.hdvg.net/downloads/mods/half-life_2_insurgency_client_beta_v1/details.html

Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts

Very "orange" looking.

Anyhow, I be waiting until Beta2 before blowing some bandwidth on it as the mod appears to have extreme potential, just being bit in the bum with bugs ain't exactly fun for me.

Wizer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wizer04
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
Yeah, im downloading it now.
raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raf4000
its realy amazing and of extreme quality , if anyone here has played bf2's project reality mod its almost liek that but much better
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i've only spent about an hour playing it and I have to say right now it's overrated and overhyped. but maybe I just need more time.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
Before I download yet another mod someone explain to me how to fid servers for mods cause so far I cant play Irongrip or eternal Silence cause steam thing doesnt find populated servers.
aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
this mod any good??
raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raf4000
amazing mod best i have played
alexlmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 alexlmt
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts

Insurgency is much better than I've expected, it's soo realistic.:D

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
Yeah, every FPS fan needs to play this mod, You're doing a disservice to yourself if not. This mod has huge potential in the future.
Jagg3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Jagg3d
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts

Ok well I just played this game for a few hours and let me leave some remarks to spur some more people to try it.

If you've ever played CS but wished it was a bit more "realistic" or wished that people went down when you shot them and didn't have "1hp" then this game is for you. Holy cow I've never played such a fun and realistic game ever.

The graphics- Source engine we know and love it but the HDR is glorious and the gritty feel of Iraq is perfectly captured.

Physics- Source engine physics with the ragdoll reminiscent of HL2 so it's funny and acceptable to see someone fly when a grenade sends their body careening.

Sound- Your teammates sound like US young soldiers, Iraqis like insurgents... the guns are awesome and the distance gunfire to alert you to the location of the firefights is just genious. Great here nearly CoD quality.

Multiplayer- Considering it's only MP i know but it's great teamwork so far as every server I've been on people are communicating on the mics and actually *GASP* tryin to work as a team!

the guns- Accurately portrayed, Ironsights, no massive HUD with useless information. IT really feels like its you, your gun, and your squad against all odds. Perfect, plus the recoils and power feels amazing and just right.

I've been playing CS for years and other shooter throughout the last decade, but this game is one of the best I've played in a long long time. Please check it out I promise you you'll at least enjoy it for a little while!

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 raf4000

Ok well I just played this game for a few hours and let me leave some remarks to spur some more people to try it.

If you've ever played CS but wished it was a bit more "realistic" or wished that people went down when you shot them and didn't have "1hp" then this game is for you. Holy cow I've never played such a fun and realistic game ever.

The graphics- Source engine we know and love it but the HDR is glorious and the gritty feel of Iraq is perfectly captured.

Physics- Source engine physics with the ragdoll reminiscent of HL2 so it's funny and acceptable to see someone fly when a grenade sends their body careening.

Sound- Your teammates sound like US young soldiers, Iraqis like insurgents... the guns are awesome and the distance gunfire to alert you to the location of the firefights is just genious. Great here nearly CoD quality.

Multiplayer- Considering it's only MP i know but it's great teamwork so far as every server I've been on people are communicating on the mics and actually *GASP* tryin to work as a team!

the guns- Accurately portrayed, Ironsights, no massive HUD with useless information. IT really feels like its you, your gun, and your squad against all odds. Perfect, plus the recoils and power feels amazing and just right.

I've been playing CS for years and other shooter throughout the last decade, but this game is one of the best I've played in a long long time. Please check it out I promise you you'll at least enjoy it for a little while!

Jagg3d

very well said, might have to use that later on :)

RedneckSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RedneckSF
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

America's Army blows this out of the water, no comparison. You want realistic? Try it, it's THE most realistic FPS made.

www.AmericasArmy.com ; worth the download.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
The aiming system is what Red Ochestra should have been.. Iron sights, and no crosshair can stil make you very accurate.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

America's Army blows this out of the water, no comparison. You want realistic? Try it, it's THE most realistic FPS made.

RedneckSF

no, this game(Mod actually) blows AA out of the water and it's only a beta.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raf4000
AA? how can you compair that junk to this
sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts

RO is better imo. This mod, the soldiers sound like they got a stick up their ass, or they are trying to sound like Arnold. It is quite annoying, and actually, I wanna strangle a kittlen or a baby after hearing it. That is one of the major things they gotta change.

Also, the coding needs to be a bit tweaked, cause obviously something is a mess, to cause such the major performance hog. I mean, I played games more demanding, and better looking, without such the framerate issue.

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

RedneckSF

Actually, WWII Online is the most realistic FPS ever made. America's Army is a very different game from Insurgency....it's going to appeal to different crowds. Insurgency seems to be more geared towards fans of RO, but in a modern setting. It's MUCH faster paced than America's Army and in certain ways more realistic. I believe Americas Army is still the better game, but you also have to remember that AA has a multi-million dollar budget and more experienced devs. Overall I believe Insurgency is already a *must have* for fans of the more realistic geared FPS, especially if you're a RO fan.

mmmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mmmd
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

The aiming system is what Red Ochestra should have been.. Iron sights, and no crosshair can stil make you very accurate.sSubZerOo

The aiming sytem is exactly like RO.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] The aiming system is what Red Ochestra should have been.. Iron sights, and no crosshair can stil make you very accurate.mmmd

The aiming sytem is exactly like RO.

Heck no it isn't.. It was so rediculouslly hard to hit people in RO...

IMO the only flaw to it I have seen is the fact that the maps are too large for too few people.. Often times you die by some one you have no idea where they are.

mmmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mmmd
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

I don't find it difficult to make hits in RO. It's easy to take down multiple targets with a Kar or Mosin when you use iron sights.

The mechanics of aiming in both games are definitely the same. You just have less success with WWII era accuracy. :p

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
i hope they optimize it.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

i hope they optimize it.coolmonkeykid

They've already said they're working on optimizations.... Personally I don't understand how why people are having trouble running it though. I'm running it on a 1.6Ghz Centrino laptop w/9600 Pro GPU. Maxed out settings @1280x800 without any slowdown at all. Of course the gpu doesn't support all of the fancy lighting effects, which is probably what's causing people all the framerate issues.

frizzyman0292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frizzyman0292
Member since 2007 • 2855 Posts
I got over a 120 frames maxed out...
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

Lets all remember that this is a BETA release, so things are bound to be improved upon.

I thought that movement was a little wonky, and found myself getting stuck on doorways a little too often. I also found it a little difficult trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. I know I was supposed to be making my way to some objective, but it was hard to tell what and where exactly it was.

The game, visually, looks great though. Probably the best looking Source-mod to date.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 raf4000

yeah its still very buggy for me, often crashing or restarting.

But still a great game, and from an old engine, almost 3-4 years old now

19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
As far as betas go from a private group this is very good. But on the whole needs some work. If they iron out the silly stuff. Way points, spawn, and kits (engineer wtf?) it will be a great game. It has alot of potential. Very good work for the first release.
ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
i really like it despite the few problems that i am sure will get fixed