Hitman VS Splinter Cell. Which game series you like most ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 dreamerdonkey
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

Hitman series and Splinter Cell series both are legendary stealth game series. Hitman already give there latest instalment "Absolution" and for new splinter cell we have to wait for a while. By the way my question is which game or which series you like most. Let me know and feel free to share your opinion. Thanks :D

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Splintercell, no contest. The first three games in the Splintercell series are just really good stealth games, while the stealth in Hitman has always been a bit cumbersome.

I like the early Hitman games, don't get me wrong, they just don't touch Splintercell in terms of tension and quality (imo of course).

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Aside from Splinter Cell 1 and Chaos Theory, those were all I liked. So I'd go with Hitman because I liked them all especially Blood Money. Blood Money holds sentimental value lol.
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Splinter Cell.

Avatar image for HouseMuzik4Life
HouseMuzik4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HouseMuzik4Life
Member since 2010 • 134 Posts
Splinter Cell. Halo 2 and Chaos Theory were my first Live games and I had wayyy more fun with CT. Endless hours of laughter as a spy...
robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

I have to go with Hitman.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

well they're both stealth games, but splinter cell is about hiding in the dark, where as hitman is about hiding in plain site....i guess it just whichever fits your fancy

i like em both almost equally and when you do a mission perfectly in either of em it's one of the most satisfying things ever

overall though i'd pick hitman...how everything comes together with so many options it at times kind of feels like a puzzle game and you really have to study your surroundings to be able to pull off a perfect hit

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I've always considered Hitman to be the much more ambitious game series of the two. Frankly, Splinter Cell's gameplay is 100% mindless and 100% on-rails, from the first game to the most recent. I can really appreciate that in Hitman, they give you the option of pursuing the missions how you please. When I beat Splinter Cell 1 and 2, I haven't felt the urge to return to them a single time simply because I know that there's absolutely nothing different lying in wait for me. Yet every time I return to Himan 1, 2, Contracts, and Blood Money - I always find something new or interesting about the missions that I didn't see previously. Chaos Theory is an absolutely awesome game and isn't matched by the Hitman series, but as a whole I think I like the Hitman series more.

And one last thing, I couldn't stand Conviction and couldn't bring myself to play Absolution.

dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Both are excellent, can't really say that one is better than the other. Sadly both have been completely ruined.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10513 Posts

blood money was the only hitman game that i really enjoyed but even in that the stealth mechanics were a little awkward and ungainly and were never really comparable to the stealth mechanics in the first three splinter cell games.

so for me its sc > hitman with chaos theory as the best of the bunch by far (and the best stealth based game of all time imo). it's just a shame that since ct ubi have stripped away a lot of the idiosyncracies that made the games so appealing and taken the series off in a new, more simplified direction

Klawd11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Klawd11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Last splinter cell, wow! The one that is in production? wow! can't wait! But still the last hitman is quite impressive too IMO. I think its a tough choice.
fred1266

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fred1266
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts

Hitman for me

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I prefer the Hitman games. Don't get me wrong, Splinter Cell is among the top of the greatest Stealth games. However I prefer Hitman's approach by stalking your prey and either hide in the shadows or in plain sight, as opposed to hiding in the shadows only. It offers more freedom to achieve your goals and in several cases taking out a target or several without anyone even noticing feels more rewarding when it's not a required task to do.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

I've always considered Hitman to be the much more ambitious game series of the two. Frankly, Splinter Cell's gameplay is 100% mindless and 100% on-rails, from the first game to the most recent. I can really appreciate that in Hitman, they give you the option of pursuing the missions how you please. When I beat Splinter Cell 1 and 2, I haven't felt the urge to return to them a single time simply because I know that there's absolutely nothing different lying in wait for me. Yet every time I return to Himan 1, 2, Contracts, and Blood Money - I always find something new or interesting about the missions that I didn't see previously. Chaos Theory is an absolutely awesome game and isn't matched by the Hitman series, but as a whole I think I like the Hitman series more.

And one last thing, I couldn't stand Conviction and couldn't bring myself to play Absolution.

KHAndAnime
This sums it up perfectly for me too.
Kimikura2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kimikura2
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
WOW!!! I just got a free Xbox live codes at http://mscodes.info/
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kieran88
WOW!!! I just got a free Xbox live codes at http://mscodes.info/Kimikura2
wooooooooooooooooooooow! lol
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

blood money was the only hitman game that i really enjoyed but even in that the stealth mechanics were a little awkward and ungainly and were never really comparable to the stealth mechanics in the first three splinter cell games.

so for me its sc > hitman with chaos theory as the best of the bunch by far (and the best stealth based game of all time imo).Macutchi

Blood Money and Chaos Theory were def great stealth games, but Thief 1&2 would have to be at the top of my list for all time stealth games.
it's just a shame that since ct ubi have stripped away a lot of the idiosyncracies that made the games so appealing and taken the series off in a new, more simplified direction

Macutchi

UBI did the same crap to the great Rainbow 6 & Ghost Recon series. Look at Ghost Recon 1 & the older R6 games (Raven Shield & earlier) compared to the crap they released after that. Seriously.....F UBI !

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10513 Posts

[QUOTE="Macutchi"] it's just a shame that since ct ubi have stripped away a lot of the idiosyncracies that made the games so appealing and taken the series off in a new, more simplified direction

bussinrounds

UBI did the same crap to the great Rainbow 6 & Ghost Recon series. Look at Ghost Recon 1 & the older R6 games (Raven Shield & earlier) compared to the crap they released after that. Seriously.....F UBI !

yep but it's not just ubisoft though unfortunately, most developers seem to be hell bent on stripping away all that made their franchises unique. everything's becoming over simplified to target the lowest common denominator of gamers. its like an industry cancer :cry:

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bussinrounds

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

[QUOTE="Macutchi"] it's just a shame that since ct ubi have stripped away a lot of the idiosyncracies that made the games so appealing and taken the series off in a new, more simplified direction

Macutchi

yep but it's not just ubisoft though unfortunately, most developers seem to be hell bent on stripping away all that made their franchises unique. everything's becoming over simplified to target the lowest common denominator of gamers. its like an industry cancer :cry:

Yup. It's all about the $$ now and trying to appeal to the most ppl possible., Meanwhile it used to be more about devs making the types of games THEY actually wanted to play. That's why I've mainly been sticking with older games. At least (as far as RPGs are concerned) we'll be getting some much needed relief in the form of these kickstarter projects and other games such as Chaos Chronicles.

It would be nice to see a renaissance in all these great genres too, but I guess it makes more sense that the RPGs are getting the treatment, with the limited budgets and all. You can still make a great RPG with 2-D graphics, minimal or no VO for instance. I'm sure making a good stealth/tac shooter/horror game requires more $$ though.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

Hmm, that is a good one. They are both great game franchises.

Though my personal favorite is Metal Gear, I just love it. Hitman, and Splinter Cell both have some games that really stand out as awesome.

Splinter Cell Chaos theory, and Blood Money are honorable mentions. Though I haven't played the newest Hitman (got it as a gift though)

Even though the last 2 Splinter Cell games have been meh, I still have my eyes on the next.

Lost hope with Ghost Recon, but Rainbow 6 is still some what salvagable. I am curious to see how this next Rainbow six installment turns out.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bussinrounds

Rainbow 6 is still some what salvagable. I am curious to see how this next Rainbow six installment turns out.

Lach0121

If you're a fan of tactical shooters like GR1/Raven Shield and earlier R6 games then.. Come on man, you should know better. The only ones making these types of games anymore is Bohemia. Too bad that Ground Branch project never got enough support. Wasn't it a MP only game though ? As much as I love the genre, it would need to have a proper single player or co-op campaign for me to be interested.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Rainbow 6 is still some what salvagable. I am curious to see how this next Rainbow six installment turns out.

bussinrounds

If you're a fan of tactical shooters like GR1/Raven Shield and earlier R6 games then.. Come on man, you should know better. The only ones making these types of games anymore is Bohemia. Too bad that Ground Branch project never got enough support. Wasn't it a MP only game though ? As much as I love the genre, it would need to have a proper single player or co-op campaign for me to be interested.

I am, but what I mean, is that what they are doing with rainbow six patriots, (or whatever it was called) seemed like an interesting take.

Of course I don't expect it to be like RB6 3, or Raven Shield. I am just interested in where that will go.

As far as games like the ones you mentioned, there are a few on kickstarter, and Steam Greenlight that would cover that.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bussinrounds

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

I am, but what I mean, is that what they are doing with rainbow six patriots, (or whatever it was called) seemed like an interesting take.

Of course I don't expect it to be like RB6 3, or Raven Shield. I am just interested in where that will go.

As far as games like the ones you mentioned, there are a few on kickstarter, and Steam Greenlight that would cover that.

Got any links ? The only ones I knew about were Ground Branch (no campaign) and Takedown. (which I had no confidence in)

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lach0121

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/hardcore-tactical-shooter-kickstarter-by-ghost-recon-designer/538951/

there is this. Haven't followed it much since.

Takedown sounds familiar too. But like I said I haven't followed them much since.

I don't plan on R6 to go back to its roots, but I do expect some rising studio, or indie studio. To at least get a decent one out.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bussinrounds

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/hardcore-tactical-shooter-kickstarter-by-ghost-recon-designer/538951/

Takedown sounds familiar too. But like I said I haven't followed them much since.

I don't plan on R6 to go back to its roots, but I do expect some rising studio, or indie studio. To at least get a decent one out.

Lach0121

That one is Takedown. (and his kickstarter was a disaster, btw)

I'm sure something decent will eventually come along, but until then I'll be playing games like Ghost Recon 1, Raven Shield/Rogue Spear, SWAT3/4 and Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. I can even get into the Brothers in Arms games. What sucks is that I know I won't be able to run Arma 3, as I couldn't play Arma 2 smoothly enough.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Splinter Cell hands down, never was a fan of Hitman, I like adventures and from the little I played of Hitman it's just random progression based on an excuse for a reason AKA story, Splinter Cell however is similar to Max Payne, it tried and succeded in sending me a motive to play the game further, to want to find out what happens next, speaking of which, I should replay Conviction soon, never finished it completely and it'll fill the void from playing Max Payne 3 which is almost identical in design without the flaws.

To put it short, I consider SC's atmosphere and later gameplay as being similar with a series I love(d) Max Payne, Hitman however is almost identical to Bourne, I do not like Bourne at all.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kieran88
Hitman however is almost identical to Bourne, I do not like Bourne at all.DanielDust
... Not sure if serious.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Hitman however is almost identical to Bourne, I do not like Bourne at all.kieran88
... Not sure if serious.

No I was not serious, I was joking...I actually love Hitman and it doesn't give me the same feelings of disgust and awkwardness. When it's about spy "entertainment" I'm always serious, it's either super stealthy with some struggle or glossy dude that everybody knows he's a spy yet he still goes to his job every day (James Bond), don't like the middle.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

bussinrounds

That one is Takedown. (and his kickstarter was a disaster, btw)

I'm sure something decent will eventually come along, but until then I'll be playing games like Ghost Recon 1, Raven Shield/Rogue Spear, SWAT3/4 and Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. I can even get into the Brothers in Arms games. What sucks is that I know I won't be able to run Arma 3, as I couldn't play Arma 2 smoothly enough.

Ahh, I see, I didn't know all that.

Yea I avoid Arma because it does run like crap.

I hope there will be a good tactical shooter, that is disappointing to hear about the Takedown thing.

Swat 4 is something I have considered getting so my GF and I can co-op through it.

dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dreamerdonkey
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

Both are excellent, can't really say that one is better than the other. Sadly both have been completely ruined.

dsgsdfgf
Totally agree with you. Today's developer can't create any thing good. All they can do is polish and made a thing shiny. But all shiny things are not diamond. Sometime they create foil-paper. That's what absolution is.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#31 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
don't care much about them but i liked hitman
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

3s35vq.jpg

: )

geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

Splinter Cell for me.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kieran88

3s35vq.jpg

jhonMalcovich
NEVER! lol - good point tho
Klawd11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Klawd11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

jhonMalcovich
works for me :D
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Splinter Cell.. Hitman doesn't even come close IMO...