Hey guys should i go ahead and grab MOP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Hey, after a hectic month of school, i'm not sure if I should return to WoW. I have GW2 on my desk as well and don't know if I should play that either. My friend has told me that WoW has lost its core value and has become more of a cash cow. GW2 on the other hand is getting close to becoming a p2w game (quoting my friend). Should I just wait for Titan or Elder Scrolls Online instead? What do you think I should do?

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE star wars. It saddens me to see TOR fail miserably like that.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 delete-SimplyFatal
anyone?
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
No.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

that all depends do you enjoy the idea of ruining your memories of WoW? if so then by all means go right ahead. if you dont enjoy the idea of playing the same game youve been playing for lord knows how long except less group focused than ever before for non raid events with broken arena's and even less frequently played BG's and a 2 dollar story. im going to say no.. dont get it. wait for WoW's final expansion and then jsut get both as your basically tossing your money into a furnace.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#5 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

^ionus you're just blindly hating the game now.

It's always a good time to start playing WoW again. It's an everlasting game and each new expansion sets it's own tone which is why it always feels fresh.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

^ionus you're just blindly hating the game now.

It's always a good time to start playing WoW again. It's an everlasting game and each new expansion sets it's own tone which is why it always feels fresh.

SovietsUnited

lol

its the same game across every expansion. the best they can do is sugarcoat the same dish they fed you last time and change the table your eating it on. and now that the arena's are filled with exploiters and the games raids have had significant boss nerfs the challenge isnt their a whole lot anymore.

the level cap is only 5 levels higher than cataclysm and while the new class is a nice addition the panda's themselves could be done without.

MoP feel like a very phoned in effort by blizz and eevry since starcraft II the quality of their products has been going down hill.

or would u like to argue now that MoP isnt the worst scoring wow xpac on the review bed or that diablo III hasnt been a critical faliure, or that HoTS is actually a huge rip off as chinese owners of WoL are getting it for free while your paying 60 bucks up front like a chump..??? hmmm???

evidence:

http://www.qq-kj.com/starcraft-2-heart-of-the-swarm-free-operations-in-china.html

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

To be honest MoP has lost it's appeal very fast, of course that's just me saying what has happened to me. Guild Wars 2 was pretty fun but I haven't played it since Sept.

If I had to choose between the two, GW2 would be my choice.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

If you like WoW then theres no reason not to.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#9 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

You should stop judging things you never played in your life.

The core gameplay works perfectly and always has. Tonal shifts as well as new features, factions and professions always revitalize the game.

Arena broken ? Exploiters as in Arena points and honor farmers ?

Um... no ?

And it has always been a skill-heavy PVP game.

raids have had significant boss nerfs

ionusX

Raids and raid encounters in MoP are the some of the best since TBC. And they haven't been nerfed.

Or maybe you're too pro ? Show me your Heroic achis.

the level cap is only 5 levels

ionusX

Enough, leveling 10 more levels is a chore.

MoP feel like a very phoned in effort by blizz

ionusX

No it doesn't.

The rest is irrelevant, what does HotS have to do with WoW again ? We're talking about MoP here, not Blizzard in general.

I'm not saying GW 2 is bad because it certainly isn't, far from it. My friend plays it and from what little I have seen of him playing it, it looks like a great, explorative game.What I am saying though is you should stop making facts out of thin air.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
If you have GW 2, play and enjoy now till it becomes a desert in most zones or worse, as for WoW, it's better than ever, if you enjoy(ed) it, you'll probably have lots of fun, still the only fantasy MMO worth playing.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

that all depends do you enjoy the idea of ruining your memories of WoW? if so then by all means go right ahead. if you dont enjoy the idea of playing the same game youve been playing for lord knows how long except less group focused than ever before for non raid events with broken arena's and even less frequently played BG's and a 2 dollar story. im going to say no.. dont get it. wait for WoW's final expansion and then jsut get both as your basically tossing your money into a furnace.

ionusX

Seriously did WoW kill your first born or something, the mindless hatred for a video game from you is quite amusing and concering.. I havn't played it but I have basically been hearing from everyone that its the best expansion since Burning Crusades and the only real complaint I have heard is too many dailies..

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
If you have the money and the time to spend on MoP, go ahead and buy it. I've had a lot of fun with it and there's a lot of stuff to do.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Depending on when you last played the game, the game has changed a lot. Better expansion then Catacyclsm, the world feels more alive. Theres stuff to do in the world.

its the same game across every expansion. the best they can do is sugarcoat the same dish they fed you last time and change the table your eating it on. and now that the arena's are filled with exploiters and the games raids have had significant boss nerfs the challenge isnt their a whole lot anymore.

the level cap is only 5 levels higher than cataclysm and while the new class is a nice addition the panda's themselves could be done without.

MoP feel like a very phoned in effort by blizz and eevry since starcraft II the quality of their products has been going down hill.

or would u like to argue now that MoP isnt the worst scoring wow xpac on the review bed or that diablo III hasnt been a critical faliure, or that HoTS is actually a huge rip off as chinese owners of WoL are getting it for free while your paying 60 bucks up front like a chump..??? hmmm???

evidence:

http://www.qq-kj.com/starcraft-2-heart-of-the-swarm-free-operations-in-china.html

ionusX

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
"Your" not paying 60$ for HotS, stop being stupid (as always), it's also a known fact that SC 2 is distributed differently in Asia (you wouldn't know because you're generally clueless) and stop wasting our time with unknown blogs that have no actual source. The only "free" thing Blizzard announced was the possibility of free multiplayer in the future, making the multiplayer completely standalone and easily accessible to everyone.
bertoklepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bertoklepper
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

No don't do it waste off your time the pvp well for some strange reason this game is called World of Botcraft and the pve is World of Easycraft

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
No. It destroys your life. My roommate plays it, and all he can ever talk about is WoW. You can't simply play wow for a few hours each week, it requires you to sit down and play it obsessively to get anywhere. Pass on it. Play games that you can afford to put down and walk away from, you'll be thankful you did in the future.
gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

Honestly it's up to you the player what you choose. All I can give is my opinion, WoW can be really great game if get in a good guild and make some good friends.

If you try to play WoW solo well then its pretty luck based on what kind of people you will meet up with. I've been playing since start WoTLK and mop is ok.

But for me I found I enjoy single player rpgs much more fun over treadmill/theme parkmmorpgs.

Also I don't really feel the 15$ a month is worth to me.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Depends on how much you like what has changed about WoW.

MoP's focus is less on end game content and more on goofing around. You get your own farm to grow crops with, there are many vanity items given as quest rewards and the new Pandaren race is a continuing source of comic relief. If you have a good sense of humour, you'll probably enjoy it.

Otherwise, it still has the dungeons and raid groups you would expect to find in WoW so in a way it's still not that different from the rest of the game.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#19 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

MoP's focus is less on end game content and more on goofing around. You get your own farm to grow crops with, there are many vanity items given as quest rewards and the new Pandaren race is a continuing source of comic relief. If you have a good sense of humour, you'll probably enjoy it.

Otherwise, it still has the dungeons and raid groups you would expect to find in WoW so in a way it's still not that different from the rest of the game.

Starshine_M2A2

Explain or elaborate on why you think there's less focus on end game content than before and why the Pandaren are a comical race.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Starshine_M2A2

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

-Unreal-

Explain or elaborate on why you think there's less focus on end game content than before and why the Pandaren are a comical race.

I'd prefer if you didn't ask me to waste my time on the likes of you, mate.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
No.Shadowhawk000
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

No don't do it waste off your time the pvp well for some strange reason this game is called World of Botcraft and the pve is World of Easycraft

bertoklepper
Can you show me some of your imba achievements to show how easy it is?
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

ionusX
GW2 fanboys to the rescue! You havent even played MOP so why are you talking **** again? You know nothing about WoW, and your annoying as **** on these forums nowadays so please stfu.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#24 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Starshine_M2A2

Ahh so seems you're another 1500 rated baddie that likes to talk **** about a game he's done nothing notable in. Stay bad, baddie.

delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 delete-SimplyFatal
thank you for all your input. I think I might get the game tonight. Would you guys recommend me a server to play on? I'm starting fresh and I enjoy PVP but I hate getting ganked at the same time.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Well listen. MoP is okish. Nothing major added but nothing less to expect than previous expansion. Pet battles are boring after a while Everything else is just typical WoW. Once you get level 90 and find/make your pre-raid gear , boredom starts and costs 13$ per month.
bertoklepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bertoklepper
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

alright then the pve is Challenging <_< but still pvp is CRAP with all the bots around these days

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23945 Posts

If you like WoW, do by all means get MOP. It is the second best expansion only behind TBC.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Starshine_M2A2

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]Explain or elaborate on why you think there's less focus on end game content than before and why the Pandaren are a comical race.

-Unreal-

Ahh so seems you're another 1500 rated baddie that likes to talk **** about a game he's done nothing notable in. Stay bad, baddie.

Not sure how any of what I said led you to that conclusion but I hardly think it fair to blame me for your lack of comprehension...
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
No. Save yourself. WoW is like crack cocaine, I keep buying myself "just one more month" since September. Don't even start. Quit if you can.