Help with my wireless router connection please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cole_793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cole_793
Member since 2005 • 1393 Posts
Alright, so i just tried to get on the internet on my laptop via my wireless router which i have been using forever and it says it cant find any networks. I went to my 192.168.1.1 and all the settings are good and it says my router is enabled. I havent changed anything on my laptop and im reall irked right not. The wired connection is working fine. The router is a lynksis g wire broadband router. WRT54G. thanks for the help guys
cole_793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cole_793
Member since 2005 • 1393 Posts
anyone? please =(
bringndaheat08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 bringndaheat08
Member since 2004 • 685 Posts
check with your mommy and daddy that you have interent
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

The first step is to take off the security on the router and see if your laptop can see it as an available network. My laptop has a scan for networks feature. One thing to note is that you may want to use the comm software that came with your laptop and instead of windows networking. I never could get it working on my laptops. If it isn't finding the wireless connection then either the router is broken or the laptop's wireless is broken. You can check the laptop by going to a free hotspot (library, Starbucks....) and seeing if you can connect through there. Or if you can see other networks around you but not your router then your laptop is ok.

If you determine that there's a problem with the router then you'll need to check the manual to see if there's anything you can do with it. I've never had that problem myself so I don't know. All I can think of is resetting the router to factory settings and hoping that works.

Good luck.