Help with MOBO i7 2600k.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 costyssj4
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

Hi,

I just recently got a i7 2600k and I need a good motherboard to go with it. I plan on overclocking it to 4.6-4.8 ghz maybe?

Can someone please recommend me a best price performance board?

I saw in my store that they have Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M (Micro ATX) and MSI Z77A-GD55.

Does anyone have any experience with these boards? Maybe someone can give me other suggestions.

Thanks

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By costyssj4

@costyssj4: Anyone?

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@costyssj4: There are many of choices. What is your budget, I would recommend something around $150. I recommend Asus P8Z77V (or Z68), Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H (or z68), Asrock Extreme4 Z77 (or z68), or MSI Z77A-GD65(or z68). There should not be a difference between Z77 or Z68 since you got sandy bridge. These are all great boards and all should OC very well. Pick the one with the features you want (compare on sites like newegg or look at reviews, if they all seem similar to you it is because they are for the most part.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

@costyssj4:

I have an Asrock the P67 Extreme 4, been running 2.5 years without incident (just saying because you are looking at Asrock).

I would recommend a full sized motherboard. The reason I say this is depending on the lay out a large GPU or heat sink could block necessary slots. For example a large heat sink may block ram slots or a GPU could block SATA ports that you need.

If you are building a sub compact style of tower than sure go micro atx but if you are getting a regular sized case and you just want to save a few bucks it's totally not worth it.

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 costyssj4

@whitey_rolls said:

@costyssj4:

I have an Asrock the P67 Extreme 4, been running 2.5 years without incident (just saying because you are looking at Asrock).

I would recommend a full sized motherboard. The reason I say this is depending on the lay out a large GPU or heat sink could block necessary slots. For example a large heat sink may block ram slots or a GPU could block SATA ports that you need.

If you are building a sub compact style of tower than sure go micro atx but if you are getting a regular sized case and you just want to save a few bucks it's totally not worth it.

Hi my budget is 100 euros, and the Asrock Z77 Extreme4 non M version seems to be the cheapest from all the boards, and it seems its the only one on stock and i can get it right now. So i think i will go with this. Thank you guys.