Help Wanted: Decent Gaming Rig

#1 Posted by DefyOrdinary (8 posts) -

Hello all,

It's been awhile since I built my last PC, so I am very outdated in all of the newest gadgets and whirlygigs. However, it's time to retire my old PC and build a new one, so I am kindly requesting assistance from some of you gurus. I like to use my computer for gaming, not as hardcore as I used to be, but I'm all about speed and performance (and being able to see nicer in-game graphics). Right now, my budget is about ~$600 for building a new rig, and that's where you all come in. :)

I'm hoping it will be possible to build something decent within that price range! Like I said, I haven't been keeping up on new trends so researching everything myself will probably take quite a bit of time. A few specs I'm looking for: at least 8GB memory, 1TB HD, I prefer AMD (but could possibly be swayed)... and windows 7. ;)

I'll be ordering from New Egg, so if there's any suggestions you have I would greatly appreciate them! I'd like to stay in the price range if at all possible... although I know for a little more I could probably get a lot more... but I can at least start from here and work my way up. Thank you!

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (31685 posts) -

588$

#3 Posted by DefyOrdinary (8 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Thank you! I'll take a look over it. :)