This topic is locked from further discussion.

afzaalvoldemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 afzaalvoldemot
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have an old pc....not too old.....bought 2 years back......following are its specifications: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.2 Ghz Processor (2mb Cache) 512 Mb DDR RAM memory Geforce 8500GT Graphics Card 256 Mb with pixel shader 4 All other extras like Hard disk, DVD Rom are available..... can anyone plzz tell me which games can i play on this pc.....the games must be gud like i hv played CoD 4 MW......i love FPS games.....
FreakyDeacky2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FreakyDeacky2
Member since 2006 • 1177 Posts

is your pc an oem like a dell hp gateway etc if so which make and model

if its not list its motherboard and power supply

why am i asking this cause ill tell u how much of an upgrade u can do to that pc.

afzaalvoldemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 afzaalvoldemot
its hp dx5150 SFF.....google it for more info.....its not too bad cause it can run call of duty modern warfare smoothly even on 512 mb ram i am thinking to upgrade its RAM........any suggestions on the games i can play on this much amount of RAM??????
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Wait, someone sold you a PC, two years ago, with 512MB DDR memory? How much did you pay? Sounds like you got scammed.
Azurites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Azurites
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

its hp dx5150 SFF.....google it for more info.....its not too bad cause it can run call of duty modern warfare smoothly even on 512 mb ram i am thinking to upgrade its RAM........any suggestions on the games i can play on this much amount of RAM??????afzaalvoldemot

Ram does nothing for gaming unless your playing at insane resolutions. What resolution do you play at?

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts

[QUOTE="afzaalvoldemot"]its hp dx5150 SFF.....google it for more info.....its not too bad cause it can run call of duty modern warfare smoothly even on 512 mb ram i am thinking to upgrade its RAM........any suggestions on the games i can play on this much amount of RAM??????Azurites

Ram does nothing for gaming unless your playing at insane resolutions. What resolution do you play at?

Not true at all.. Programs, your OS, games, anything that you run is stored in and ran from your RAM when you load the program. You may not notice as much using XP with an 8500gt, but games will run like garbage if you don't have enough RAM...
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="afzaalvoldemot"]its hp dx5150 SFF.....google it for more info.....its not too bad cause it can run call of duty modern warfare smoothly even on 512 mb ram i am thinking to upgrade its RAM........any suggestions on the games i can play on this much amount of RAM??????Azurites

Res is mostly down to the GPU memory I am pretty sure. If you have low amounts of RAM you will likely run into a lot of stuttering with long load times in your games.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
You can play console ports at low resolution with that thing.
Azurites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Azurites
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

I thought he was talking about video card ram, my mistake.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
You can play console ports at low resolution with that thing.istuffedsunny
This.
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

[QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]You can play console ports at low resolution with that thing.ocstew
This.

1 example is all I need to prove my point, GTA 4.

FreakyDeacky2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreakyDeacky2

dang that pc is a low profile so thatll affect your upgradability im willing to bet the psu in that thing is a long and thin instead of cuboidal so pretty much nix that avenue. Id upgrade that ram to 4gigs now the graphics card is the next challenge it has to be low profile and i mean low AND meet the power reqs of 200 watts im not gonna bother with that part if some1 else wants to look for a 200 watt gfx card go ahead

honestly dude i say save your money come back here when you have 800-1k for a nice build

Avatar image for Richard_The_Gr8
Richard_The_Gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Richard_The_Gr8
Member since 2009 • 620 Posts

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

afzaalvoldemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 afzaalvoldemot
So, everyone is saying that i should upgrade the RAM memory.....gud.....thanks for the advice everyone...i will upgrade the RAM to at least 3gb.....and i am not too big a gaming freak.....i don't want to play heavy games like GTA 4.....so i am not gonna waste money on buying a new pc....i will just upgrade this garbage.....and what is console ports???
FreakyDeacky2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FreakyDeacky2

So, everyone is saying that i should upgrade the RAM memory.....gud.....thanks for the advice everyone...i will upgrade the RAM to at least 3gb.....and i am not too big a gaming freak.....i don't want to play heavy games like GTA 4.....so i am not gonna waste money on buying a new pc....i will just upgrade this garbage.....and what is console ports???afzaalvoldemot

games that were made specifically for say the xbox 360 or ps3 and were converted to work on a computer operating systemtheyre inferior to a built from the ground up PC game because of the limitations of the console hardware and the User interfaces can be especially annoying (being designed for a controller)

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
i wouldn't upgrade that PC. It'd be a waste of money
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

I have an old pc....not too old.....bought 2 years back......following are its specifications: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.2 Ghz Processor (2mb Cache) 512 Mb DDR RAM memory Geforce 8500GT Graphics Card 256 Mb with pixel shader 4 All other extras like Hard disk, DVD Rom are available..... can anyone plzz tell me which games can i play on this pc.....the games must be gud like i hv played CoD 4 MW......i love FPS games.....afzaalvoldemot

umm not anything recent heres why .. your ram

your memory is dreadfully low barely able to run windows upgrade that first mmk.. like say idk 2gb ddr sounds good (its cheap & easy to do)

like literally adding mroe ram takes all the skills of a guy building a lego set or re-assembling a pen. you literally push down two tabs and pop the memory in..

2gb is a MUST in the modern world 3 or mroe is ideal this would help you greatly improve the list of games you can play

simply take out your old stuff and replace it with these..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145579