Help - I cannot uninstall Nvidia nTune

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stunneronureyez
Stunneronureyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stunneronureyez
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. A few weeks back I installed Nvidia nTune from the official Nvidia website. However whenever I try to access it I always get a blue screen with a load of white text before my PC automatically reboots after about 10-15 seconds. I have now found that this blue screen also comes when trying to access some of the settings on the Nvidia control panel. They all worked fine before installing nTune, so I am sure that is the problem.

So when I went to remove the programme from the control panel, a small box appears with a blue loading bar to make it look as if it about to be removed, before it closes after less than a second and nothing happens and it is not uninstalled. I went into safe mode and tried to uninstall it from there, but I got the exact same box and the same thing still happened. I then installed CCleaner to remove it from there, but once again the exact same thing occurred.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I could do to be rid of that dreaded nTune application?

Stunneronureyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stunneronureyez

Ok I finally managed to get rid of it using Revo Uninstaller.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4397 Posts

Stunneronureyez
Good to hear you got it resolved. You could have probably got it removed if you logged into Safe Mode and removed it from there. That way when Windows loads up, it should not have any need to load up any nvidia driver software, thus allowing you to uninstall without any problems. I can't say it would have worked for sure, but just something to keep in mind for any future issues like this.
Stunneronureyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stunneronureyez

[QUOTE="Stunneronureyez"]

neatfeatguy

Good to hear you got it resolved. You could have probably got it removed if you logged into Safe Mode and removed it from there. That way when Windows loads up, it should not have any need to load up any nvidia driver software, thus allowing you to uninstall without any problems. I can't say it would have worked for sure, but just something to keep in mind for any future issues like this.

Yeah like I mentioned in my OP I tried removing it in safe mode, but the exact same thing occurred. If Revo Uninstaller did not work, my other option would have been to remove all the Nvidia drivers and delete all its registry keys and see if it would take nTune with it. Thankfully however it did work.