Headphones - A Good Upgrade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jed-at-war

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jed-at-war
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

I have the Sennheiser HD202 headphones and am looking at the Audio-technica ATH-PRO5V headphones.

The ATH-PRO5V's have a greater frequency range, but the HD202's have less ohm's of resistence. The HD202's also have a very low THD while the ATH-PRO5V's don't list what its THD is.

My big reason for upgrading is comfort. The HD202's padding is a little small, so they rub on my ears which is uncomfortable after a few hours. They will also tend to slip off if I am looking down. I like to listen to music while doing homework, so they will slip off while looking down. I also have problems when practicing on my electric keyboard with them because I have to keep re-adjusting them.

I just want to upgrade to a pair that will stay on my head better and feel more comfortable without sacrificing the qualityof the HD202s. I am aware the the HD202s are hardly high end sound quality, but they are the best quality I know of, and they beat the $5 headphones I am used to infinitely.

Could any of you be able to help me out? I am open to other brands or headphones than the ATH-PRO5Vs.

Thanks.