HAWX demo is here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Here

Its made by Ubisoft so expect the worse.

DQ25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DQ25
Member since 2005 • 246 Posts
i had fun with it, and ran well in dx10 everything high and res 1440x900 the second mission got me on my toes at some times, pretty fun if u ask me as an arcade flying game keyword:arcade....don't nobody start cursing about it not being a flight combat sim...
wehertn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wehertn
Member since 2003 • 1469 Posts
lol the setup wont even run fr me gj ubisoft what happeneed to u
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Damn fileplanet. Why is this demo not on Steam?
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Downloading.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

The controls for standard Keyboard/Mouse are terrible. I haven't tried a joystick yet, but I can't imagine it being much better for Third Person View. I'm sure it's alright in First Person, but the only reason I'd play such an arcade game is to watch the stunts that I pull off, which simply can't be done from First Person.

I'll probably avoid this game. It's just too hard to have a game that requires an analog input to accept digital input, but they just outright failed. (I couldn't do a complete roll with m+k, it would turn me left or right. I had to use W to go down instead of inverting the plane. I also thought it was way too difficult to do anything in the third person. How the hell are you supposed to line up a shot with the machine gun? The gun reticle flys all over the place.

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
not even going to bother with this one
Tapout_076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tapout_076
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts
I was thinking about downloading the demo but i don't think i can get into a air plane game..
Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts

Anyone else getting a dump error as soon as they start the game??

Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

The Demo wasn't too bad for an Flight Arcade, But I really doubt I'll buy it.

-

The Pros:
  1. Graphic - 'Good'.
  2. Fun - 'Somewhat'.
  3. Runs Good - 'Maxed, DX10.1 @ 60FPS'.
  4. Flight Assistance /Off - 'Is pretty cool something new, I kept it off throughout the Demo'.

-

The Cons:

1. K&M Controls. - 'Terrible Just Terrible, you're gonna have to have a Joystick /or Controller to Play'.
  2. Cut-Scenes - 'Are Choppy as Hell'.
  3. Flight Assistance /On - 'Is Crap..The Plane just felt too stiff in this View, If it was a Cockpit View it would've been better.'

-

I would go more in Depth with Pros/Cons but whatever I just not in the mood...:P

A few Screenshots from HAWX.

-From Replay.
-
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
How arcade-y is this game? Does the jet handle anything like one in a good flight simulator?
Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

How arcade-y is this game? Does the jet handle anything like one in a good flight simulator?F1_2004

This game is as Arcadey as it comes,

When your Jet is doing like 1,290 Km/h? (forgot how fast the Jets was going) and Pretty much do a 180 turn on a Dime and take off the way it came in Mid-Flight, well.. I would hang-up the Handling like a Sim.:P

-

This is like most Arcades You Fly fast do tricks/Moves all over the place to take down the Enemy's,

Though I do like this more then most Flight Arcades The Flight Assistance /Off Cam is pretty Fun in my opinion.

Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts
Sounds like it is worth trying the demo
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
Never had much hope for this game but was still hoping it would surprise me. Shame it's been so long since we've had a decent flight sim come out.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
Oh god the M/K controls are terrible. If you are using the mouse their is a delay in the movement which feels akward and is just way to hard to get use to. And besides that the game isn't very good. im pretty sure their are better jet fighter games out their.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Downloading.. and how hard is it to play it.. I mean if its arcadey.. shouldent it be easy?
h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 h1dd3n5had0w
Member since 2005 • 2141 Posts
I enjoyed this game, but I've also been playing it on a 360 controller, so that might be the reason. I'll need to see if I can setup my joystick later on. If you enjoyed the Ace Combat series, then this game really hit the spot.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4415 Posts
The screen shots are cool, and I just bought an xbox360 controller a few weeks ago. I might as well get this game. Will definitely try the demo asap. The last flight sim game I tried was combat flight simulator 98 :D
machine_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 machine_B
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
Meh, its a Ubi PC game, I'm staying away
Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

Just tried it out. And I have to say that I am disappointed (though, not surprisingly so). Controls just felt completely wrong (especially since cockpit mode is refered to as "assisted mode" and 3rd person seems to be highly emphasized). Combat was simply getting a missile lock as everything is moving WAY too quickly relatively to each other that guns become completely useless (not that it matters because the aircraft mounted cannons are equivalent to flying shotguns what with how the cannons just spray tracers in what looks to be a 30-degree cone in front of the plane). Flight modeling also just felt wrong (when I go inverted in level flight, I *want* and expect my aircraft to lose altitude.

All that being said, I am thankful for one thing with this demo: I am thankful that I'm going to $50 more in my bank account by not buying this touch up of Afterburner. And this makes me a ambivalently sad panda...I miss my jet combat sims:cry:

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
I tried it out, and it's a pretty satisfying experience. There really aren't many arcade fliers being put out today, especially for the PC, so it's a welcome piece of fresh air so far. For those who dislike the demo and have just been using K/M: play it with a joystick or gamepad before you pass judgement; It's really the only way to play such a game.
Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

I tried it out, and it's a pretty satisfying experience. There really aren't many arcade fliers being put out today, especially for the PC, so it's a welcome piece of fresh air so far. For those who dislike the demo and have just been using K/M: play it with a joystick or gamepad before you pass judgement; It's really the only way to play such a game. dos4gw82

I dunno...I dusted off my Thrustmaster Afterburner MkII for this and it still didn't feel right.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I tried the demo on the 360. Crap, if you ask me. Feels like Ubi is definitely throwing around the Tom Clancy license now. I can see it now: "Tom Clancy's Intergalactic SWAT". The game could have been much more fun and interesting if they made it as realistic as possible.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Too Arcadey and its too easy I think.. its just about getting a lock..Fire..Lock..Fire.. Too easy.. and the textures on the ground look a bit dodgy when you fly really close.. like all flat and not 3D...
biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 biltros
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
Too Arcadey and its too easy I think.. its just about getting a lock..Fire..Lock..Fire.. Too easy.. and the textures on the ground look a bit dodgy when you fly really close.. like all flat and not 3D...Shadowhawk000
I don't mind it being easy.Otherwise i would get Flight Simulator.But ,yes,the ground textures are awful.
MrUnSavory1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrUnSavory1
Member since 2005 • 777 Posts
I get a laugh out of people who whine about the fact they can't use a K+M to play certain games. Buy the proper controllers and you wont have a problem. Steering Wheel for driving games, Joystick+Throttle controler or Yoke for flight games. Go out and buy the proper hardware and you wont have this problem. If you are going to invest all that money in a computer and the games for it why wouldn't you buy the proper controller hardware?
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

I get a laugh out of people who whine about the fact they can't use a K+M to play certain games. Buy the proper controllers and you wont have a problem. Steering Wheel for driving games, Joystick+Throttle controler or Yoke for flight games. Go out and buy the proper hardware and you wont have this problem. If you are going to invest all that money in a computer and the games for it why wouldn't you buy the proper controller hardware?MrUnSavory1
Why should I pay 50$ for a controller when I already have a joystick... The rare game that really need a controller on the pc, I avoid them.

This game is average, based on the demo. Maybe because I have been spoiled by better flying game (il2, warbird... heck I had more fun flying a stuka in world war 2 online). I fail to see why there is the name Tom clancy on this thing... I came to the conclusion that Tom Clancy is merely a puppet that put his name on everything Ubi$oft make...

MrUnSavory1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrUnSavory1
Member since 2005 • 777 Posts
Frank? if you already have a Joystick then that leaves you out of the group I was refering too doesn't it? :::shakes head and rolls eyes::::::
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
I am stupid, sorry :oops:
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Is it worth giving a try buds?
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="dos4gw82"]I tried it out, and it's a pretty satisfying experience. There really aren't many arcade fliers being put out today, especially for the PC, so it's a welcome piece of fresh air so far. For those who dislike the demo and have just been using K/M: play it with a joystick or gamepad before you pass judgement; It's really the only way to play such a game. Ein-7919

I dunno...I dusted off my Thrustmaster Afterburner MkII for this and it still didn't feel right.

Yeah, I plugged in my joystick and it wasn't reading the Y axis properly. It might start out working, but if I fly for a bit, eventually I can't go down (joystick full forward keeps the plane level instead of descending). The thirdperson/assistanceoff is terrible. You can't tell what's going on. It's pretty much luck if you pull off a cool maneuver and get behind another plane. About the only thing it's useful for is dodging incoming missiles.
biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 biltros
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
Is it worth giving a try buds?OoSuperMarioO
I haven't played a flight game since F-22 Lightning 3.I played the demo and i can say that i didn't hate it.It's an arcade game which is fine by me but some times it becomes too arcadey.But still it is funThe graphics are quite nice.The smoke effects are great although the ground textures are ugly.The performance is good though it has the occasional framerate drops even on high-end systems.Basically you can give this a try.It's a streight forward fun game with easy controls.I played it with keybord only and it's very easy to use.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#33 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

How arcade-y is this game? Does the jet handle anything like one in a good flight simulator?F1_2004

This game is no Ace Combat or Flight Simulator thats for sure. Its 99% arcadey imo.

Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
Too Arcadey and its too easy I think.. its just about getting a lock..Fire..Lock..Fire.. Too easy.. and the textures on the ground look a bit dodgy when you fly really close.. like all flat and not 3D...Shadowhawk000
no offence but that's exactly what you do in ace combat and over g fighters i think as someone else said its a breath of fresh air, ye they have messed up a couple of minor things like speed and a level indicator but if you stop thinking ooooo whats bad about this game and just play it its as fun as hell i dont think a lot of you are playing it enough the mouse an keyboard keys are easy after a couple of hours as well as the assistance off, i cant go back to the normal view when dogfighting its just too boring
Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]How arcade-y is this game? Does the jet handle anything like one in a good flight simulator?kozzy1234

This game is no Ace Combat or Flight Simulator thats for sure. Its 99% arcadey imo.

ace combat isnt arcadey? i didnt get any framerate dips at all
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

After the demo, I am actually considering getting it. I got used to the controls after the training mission and it's pretty fun once you get into it (unlock the 2nd plane in the demo, etc)

robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

I really liked the demo, easy and fun to play. After playing medieval 2 for months and months its fun to just relax with a easy arcade game like this one...looks beautiful too. :)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#38 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I enjoyed the demo, i had no problems playing with a keyboard/mouse. it feels like a good console game, and i'm suprised at the quality of the port, the menus and such were as good as any pc game, but the visuals, other than the lighting, were nothing special. i won't be getting it, but i would reccomend playing the demo as a fun way to spend a couple of hours.