has anyone ever experience crashes in/near camp mccarran (fallout new vegas)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

has anyone ever experience this problem? it seems to be a known issue.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

The real question: where do you not crash in FNV

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

That game crashed every 60-90 minutes for the entire 100 hours I played it.  Before I turned auto-save off it froze up every-other time I'd tried to fast travel and corrupt the auto save just for good measure.

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

So am I the only one *not* getting crashes in New Vegas?  Because I haven't gotten one yet - just some minor glitches and my AI companions failing at pathfinding around rocks and stuff.  I got plenty of CTDs in FO3 on the other hand *shrugs*.

You have all of the latest patches and Mission Mojave right?  Never had any problems in Camp McCarran. 

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Wouldn't worry about it just save your game lots. Especially before fast traveling, moving inside from outside, moving outside from inside, talking to NPCs... just save a lot and expect it to crash. Get passed the instability and it's a great game :)

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

FNV crashed a lot, but specifically at Camp McCarran it used to load forever, idk if that's what you mean. The only fix that I know of is to save a lot, and if the last save won't load try the previous one.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

During my 30 hour playthrough, I think it only crashed twice; however, having to start a new game then load my game (would just endlessly loop if I loaded from menu) - now that happened all the damn time.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I don't get as many crashes as a lot of other people report with New Vegas, but I definitely get them. Just like any Bethesda game (yeah, I know Obsidian made NV, but it's Bethesda's engine). Just save often, and make new saves. Don't continuously save over your old saves. Let em pile up, since you may need to roll back if you start to get the "bloated save file" glitch that affects most of their games. I've seen it more often in Skyrim, but I've heard of it in Fallout 3/NV and even Oblivion.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

DoomZaW
Pretty much this. The game is ridiculously unstable. Fantastic game though. It would probably be my favorite game if it actually ran.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Wouldn't worry about it just save your game lots. Especially before fast traveling, moving inside from outside, moving outside from inside, talking to NPCs... just save a lot and expect it to crash. Get passed the instability and it's a great game :)

GarGx1

actually the game would crashed if I load up the save. I have it already fix buy doing reinstalling it  but game crashes when I exit out.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

DoomZaW
Pretty much. When I play I just expect the game to crash every hour or two. Especially since I've got it modded.
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
I must have been one of the lucky ones then. I played it this past spring and put in 72hrs with only a few mods and it only crashed once and that was loading a saved game. Had to back track to an earlier save and that was it. Well worth the troubles though IMO.