Ha did you guys check out the Start Trek Online Trailers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jermone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Jermone123
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

HAHhahahhahahahhhah wow if you need a good laugh check these trailers out. Here Ill send you the link

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/startrekonline/video/6242641/star-trek-online-starbase-24-trailer?hd=1

What a beautiful laser show!! Oh, and that voice actor... did the guy call in sick and they got the janitor to do it? This game looks like an absolute joke. I can't stand it when game developers try to feed us this crap. Little to no professionalism at all. Who is the marketer for this game? That person should be fired immediately. I just graduated with a marketing degree. Hire me and I could even manage to make this trailer 10x better. Worst trailer I have ever seen lol. This game is FAIL Get that weak stuff OUTTA HERE!!!!!

Oh and btw people wonder why the game to the left year after year dominates the MMO genre... one word PROFESSIONALISM!!!!

NeRveD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 NeRveD
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts
LOL nice thanks a lot.
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

you know what worst about that trailer? is that it's missleading people into thinking there is epic pvp battles with 50 vessels like these in the game. According to a beta preview, pvp is instanced and each side is limited to 8 vessels and they planned to reduce it to 5, because of the lag. I can't say if it's true, because it was a guy who talked about that broke the nda, but it's true that the pvp will be instanced according Eurogamer preview

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

you know what worst about that trailer? is that it's missleading people into thinking there is epic pvp battles with 50 vessels like these in the game. According to a beta preview, pvp is instanced and each side is limited to 8 vessels and they planned to reduce it to 5, because of the lag. I can't say if it's true, because it was a guy who talked about that broke the nda, but it's true that the pvp will be instanced according Eurogamer preview

Franko_3
untrue.... cryptic has PVP battlegrounds like WOW that are instanced and then fighting in the neutral zone/ wherever that is open PVP. eurogamer was just reporting on the instanced battlegrounds.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Regardless of the PvP BG's or not, space combat is pretty boring.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
That was one lousy trailer. The voice actor was LOL-tastic and the lazer firefights looked so fake.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

That was one lousy trailer. The voice actor was LOL-tastic and the lazer firefights looked so fake.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Well, except for First Contact and JJTrek, those were trademarks of Star Trek. I'd say Cryptic nailed it!

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Franko_3
[QUOTE="Franko_3"]

Roland123_basic
untrue.... cryptic has PVP battlegrounds like WOW that are instanced and then fighting in the neutral zone/ wherever that is open PVP. eurogamer was just reporting on the instanced battlegrounds.

ho, but still if I understand correctly, the pvp zone is several instanced battleground, it's not wide open with 100 of vessels at the same place, once the area reach the player limit, they just add another instance of the same zone like Guild wars
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Franko_3"]

Franko_3

ho, but still if I understand correctly, the pvp zone is several instanced battleground, it's not wide open with 100 of vessels at the same place, once the area reach the player limit, they just add another instance of the same zone like Guild wars

when was the last time you saw 100's of starships going at each other in a star trek show? like... never? not even in the TNG movie with the borg where an entire fleet is trying to destroy the borg cube did you see that many ships... it would be unrealistic (atleast unlike the series) to say the least to have that many ships fighting at the same time. you would be talking about hundreds of thousands of people dieing (it is not uncommon for a Fed ship to have a crew of 5K people) in a single battle and the loss of ships and resources would be totally crippling. i would say even battles with 30 or more ships would be slightly over the top for the franchise honestly....
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Roland123_basic

as a side note, if they are using the same engine and technology as Champions Online, and im pretty sure they are, 100 players will be allowed in each instance of the zone....

50v50 or any configuration thereof is still going to be a RETARDED number of ships going at it all at once... and will be incredible to see.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Franko_3
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Franko_3"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] untrue.... cryptic has PVP battlegrounds like WOW that are instanced and then fighting in the neutral zone/ wherever that is open PVP. eurogamer was just reporting on the instanced battlegrounds.

when was the last time you saw 100's of starships going at each other in a star trek show? like... never? not even in the TNG movie with the borg where an entire fleet is trying to destroy the borg cube did you see that many ships... it would be unrealistic (atleast unlike the series) to say the least to have that many ships fighting at the same time. you would be talking about hundreds of thousands of people dieing (it is not uncommon for a Fed ship to have a crew of 5K people) in a single battle and the loss of ships and resources would be totally crippling. i would say even battles with 30 or more ships would be slightly over the top for the franchise honestly....

ds9 final was an epic space battle with hundred of vessels
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Franko_3"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Franko_3"] ho, but still if I understand correctly, the pvp zone is several instanced battleground, it's not wide open with 100 of vessels at the same place, once the area reach the player limit, they just add another instance of the same zone like Guild wars

go back and try to count the ships you actually see (unless they said how many there were in dialogue... i dont recall them saying a number). i bet anything there are far less ships than you actually think. it is really easy to see 50 or so ships and think there are hundreds...
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

[QUOTE="Franko_3"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] when was the last time you saw 100's of starships going at each other in a star trek show? like... never? not even in the TNG movie with the borg where an entire fleet is trying to destroy the borg cube did you see that many ships... it would be unrealistic (atleast unlike the series) to say the least to have that many ships fighting at the same time. you would be talking about hundreds of thousands of people dieing (it is not uncommon for a Fed ship to have a crew of 5K people) in a single battle and the loss of ships and resources would be totally crippling. i would say even battles with 30 or more ships would be slightly over the top for the franchise honestly....Roland123_basic

go back and try to count the ships you actually see (unless they said how many there were in dialogue... i dont recall them saying a number). i bet anything there are far less ships than you actually think. it is really easy to see 50 or so ships and think there are hundreds...

It was quoted over 1200 Federation Allied vessels fought in the Battle for Cardassia. As for Dominion ships probably equal number.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I was thinking this game was going to be good at first when it was announced. After seeing the trailers they are very boring, and they don't do a good job to draw the person in watching it. I think the only MMO Cryptic has done well was with CoH.
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
I don't really know anything about this game, but if I were to judge off that trailer alone, I would predict this game will bomb. Like hard.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Roland123_basic

i honestly dont see why people bag on that trailer so bad... the voice acting is FAR from the worst i have ever heard, and i didnt see any issues with what was being shown in the trailer.... ships blow up, lasers everywhere..... its all star trek. what is the issue?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

The voice work sounds like a fan mod or something. I didn't really know how they were going to make a game from a rather slow paced series like Star Trek, but I guess the answer is horribly. This is like the gung ho Kirk on Redbull. Looks like a strike two for me with Cryptic.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

i honestly dont see why people bag on that trailer so bad... the voice acting is FAR from the worst i have ever heard, and i didnt see any issues with what was being shown in the trailer.... ships blow up, lasers everywhere..... its all star trek. what is the issue?

Roland123_basic

It's not so much the voice acting itself more the quality. It sounded like a staff member at the studio sitting in front of their computer recording it with a headset.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
It would have been cool if they could have somehow handled space combat where you are on the bridge of your ship, as opposed to a third person view outside of it. But honestly, I'm not sure how they could have made that work.
spierdalaj666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spierdalaj666
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts
It would have been cool if they could have somehow handled space combat where you are on the bridge of your ship, as opposed to a third person view outside of it. But honestly, I'm not sure how they could have made that work.zomglolcats
star trek bridge commander..... and it was an awesome game.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
- i thought it was pretty funny. (:
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Michael-Smith
It would have been cool if they could have somehow handled space combat where you are on the bridge of your ship, as opposed to a third person view outside of it. But honestly, I'm not sure how they could have made that work.zomglolcats
Yeah, that's the weirdest thing about this game. It resembles Galaga more than Star Trek.
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"]It would have been cool if they could have somehow handled space combat where you are on the bridge of your ship, as opposed to a third person view outside of it. But honestly, I'm not sure how they could have made that work.Michael-Smith
Yeah, that's the weirdest thing about this game. It resembles Galaga more than Star Trek.

oh geez, stop the generalizations.... it doesnt look like galaga at all it mostly resembles Freelancers combat system if anything.... which is a GOOD THING.
russdmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 russdmoore
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts
Wow rough crowd. I for one am excited for the game. To each there own.
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Michael-Smith
[QUOTE="Michael-Smith"][QUOTE="zomglolcats"]It would have been cool if they could have somehow handled space combat where you are on the bridge of your ship, as opposed to a third person view outside of it. But honestly, I'm not sure how they could have made that work.Roland123_basic

oh geez, stop the generalizations.... it doesnt look like galaga at all it mostly resembles Freelancers combat system if anything.... which is a GOOD THING.

Well that was the only other third person space ship game I could think of other than Space Invaders..... Or Defender, but I doubt many people on this forum remember that one. You can tell I don't place space ship games, lol. My point is that when I think of Star Trek, I think of being on the Bridge, or down on planets with an away team.... Exploration and all that.... But this doesn't look anything like that. Like I said originally, I know nothing about this game, and I'm only basing my thoughts off this one trailer.
SamGv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SamGv
Member since 2007 • 1102 Posts

STAR TREK series is cheesy anyway, this game is pure fan service.

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Michael-Smith"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Michael-Smith"] Yeah, that's the weirdest thing about this game. It resembles Galaga more than Star Trek.

Well that was the only other third person space ship game I could think of other than Space Invaders..... Or Defender, but I doubt many people on this forum remember that one. You can tell I don't place space ship games, lol. My point is that when I think of Star Trek, I think of being on the Bridge, or down on planets with an away team.... Exploration and all that.... But this doesn't look anything like that. Like I said originally, I know nothing about this game, and I'm only basing my thoughts off this one trailer.

the game has away missions..... frequently.... and you can go to your bridge if you want....
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Got into the beta, but I'm not expecting much. The trailer doesn't look promising and it would take a heck of an MMO to make me pay monthly again.