Guild Wars 2 Loot System

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xxrasengan28xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Xxrasengan28xX
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I couldn't find much on this topic and would be much obliged if anyone could shed some light on the subject.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#2 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Apparently, you get your own loot if an enemy decides to exhaust loot for you after they die. No rolling for it, no enemy tagging and you wont know what other loot someone got in a group effort unless it is voluntarily pinged/shown to another player. Most of the gear seems to run off Karma that is traded in for a selection of gear that you want and there is set gear that is exclusive to dungeons and can be selectively acquired through the high-end explorable mode dungeons.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Apparently, you get your own loot if an enemy decides to exhaust loot for you after they die. No rolling for it, no enemy tagging and you wont know what other loot someone got in a group effort unless it is voluntarily pinged/shown to another player. Most of the gear seems to run off Karma that is traded in for a selection of gear that you want and there is set gear that is exclusive to dungeons and can be selectively acquired through the high-end explorable mode dungeons.

I think this applies only to blue gear (low quality). Higher quality gear such as green may be unique per monster.
Xxrasengan28xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xxrasengan28xX
does that mean that when running a dungeon for example, every boss drops loot that is unique to my characters class? will the same boss always drop the same loot or do all the bosses in a dungeon have a chance to drop different gear each with its own drop rat?. cuz it would be to easy if i could gather all gear in one run through.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

does that mean that when running a dungeon for example, every boss drops loot that is unique to my characters class? will the same boss always drop the same loot or do all the bosses in a dungeon have a chance to drop different gear each with its own drop rat?. cuz it would be to easy if i could gather all gear in one run through.Xxrasengan28xX
generally with the loot system of guildwars 2 there naturally will always be some overlap but many things will be exclusive to certain places.

Xxrasengan28xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xxrasengan28xX

[QUOTE="Xxrasengan28xX"]does that mean that when running a dungeon for example, every boss drops loot that is unique to my characters class? will the same boss always drop the same loot or do all the bosses in a dungeon have a chance to drop different gear each with its own drop rat?. cuz it would be to easy if i could gather all gear in one run through.ionusX

generally with the loot system of guildwars 2 there naturally will always be some overlap but many things will be exclusive to certain places.

Ty. do you think it will be to easy to aquire gear sets from dungeons because of the loot system?
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Xxrasengan28xX"]does that mean that when running a dungeon for example, every boss drops loot that is unique to my characters class? will the same boss always drop the same loot or do all the bosses in a dungeon have a chance to drop different gear each with its own drop rat?. cuz it would be to easy if i could gather all gear in one run through.Xxrasengan28xX

Ty. do you think it will be to easy to aquire gear sets from dungeons because of the loot system?

From what I understood when you kill the end-boss you usually get a piece. The whole set is acquire from different dungeons. I don't know, don't have the beta... I may be wrong, but this is how I understood it.

Now to wait 4 more days and pre-order it :D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Xxrasengan28xX"][QUOTE="ionusX"] generally with the loot system of guildwars 2 there naturally will always be some overlap but many things will be exclusive to certain places.

trastamad03

From what I understood when you kill the end-boss you usually get a piece. The whole set is acquire from different dungeons. I don't know, don't have the beta... I may be wrong, but this is how I understood it.

Mmmmm Collector's Edition here I come.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

[QUOTE="Xxrasengan28xX"] Ty. do you think it will be to easy to aquire gear sets from dungeons because of the loot system?Elann2008

Mmmmm Collector's Edition here I come.

I might go for the Deluxe Edition... but i dont know... I'm not too thrilled that the bank guy is temporary (5 days only)... I don't know I'll see...
Xxrasengan28xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xxrasengan28xX
well ty guys on the info. i feel a bit better on the loot system subject, i'll figure out the rest when the games out :) . Guild wars 2 is gunna be legendary to say the least from what ive seen on the gameplay vids. later and thanks again.