Guild Wars 2 Beta question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
So, since the beta signup has been over already, does anyone know when they are going to start sending out e-mails if you got accepted? Or are they already being sent out / finishing sending out? Cause I'm really hoping that I'll get in, but at least I would like to know if it's over already. :P
lambalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 lambalot
Member since 2004 • 1798 Posts

I think its sometime in March when invites go out.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

No #GuildWars2 beta invites have been sent out as yet, more news to follow this week :)

Aidan

Tweet from an hour ago ... so I take it early march is when we're gonna get some keys ... hopefully :P

RaseshX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RaseshX
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts
Apparently the Guild Wars Beta got around 1 million applicants within 48 hours, so you'll be pretty lucky if you get an invite at all!
destinyDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 destinyDemon
Member since 2008 • 603 Posts

Apparently the Guild Wars Beta got around 1 million applicants within 48 hours, so you'll be pretty lucky if you get an invite at all!RaseshX
seriously...woah i hope i get accepted

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts
Anyone hear anything yet?
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

The invites have not been sent out yet. There is no official date of when it's happening either. I'll post a thread on gamespot the second they go out.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Anyone hear anything yet?GPAddict
I received the Collector's Edition this morning in the mail. Took a while to install and download the updates but am now playing with my character, pretty good game too. I love the Statue that came with the CE Box, and the graphical novel. Was a good buy imo. /then I woke up.
lambalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 lambalot
Member since 2004 • 1798 Posts

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]Anyone hear anything yet?FelipeInside
I received the Collector's Edition this morning in the mail. Took a while to install and download the updates but am now playing with my character, pretty good game too. I love the Statue that came with the CE Box, and the graphical novel. Was a good buy imo. /then I woke up.

:? Im going to have one of those dreams some day.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GPAddict

Nice, you had me going there for awhile. :)
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

:lol:
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I heard it's sometime near the end of this month. How many invites do you think they're going to send?
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Hope they don't skip Canadians for the beta but freakin million signed up? That lowers the odds quite a bit.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
I heard it's sometime near the end of this month. How many invites do you think they're going to send?Pvt_r3d
At first i think no more than 5k This is start of beta. I dont think they are ready for stress test anytime soon nor they open more than 1 server for beta testing.
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

i was like"what is there a collectors edition announced,i should pre-order it immediately",then i saw the rest of the post.Congatulations,you made it into my death list

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I wonder how many invites they will be giving out. Hopefully at least 100,000.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

felipe born2troll and still tries to do everything else

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

The developers have said they will need "tens of thousands" of invites for the first beta weekend. They also referred to the beta weekend as a "load test." Make of that what you will.

londonsesquire

that normally means they will stress a cut down server with peak hours activity and see if it will say not crash or to ensure gameplay remains smooth. they neglected to do this with gw1 prior to nightfall and ti cost em big time during the waking months on factions launch.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="ionusX"] Heyyyyyy, that wasn't trolling :( That was a good joke :)

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]Anyone hear anything yet?Hate_Squad

i was like"what is there a collectors edition announced,i should pre-order it immediately",then i saw the rest of the post.Congatulations,you made it into my death list

Uh Uh, did I make the Top Ten ???
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GPAddict
No, you are bottom of the barrel. :)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
No, you are bottom of the barrel. :)GPAddict
I see what you did there...
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GPAddict
No beta invite for me. /cry
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elann2008
I had the beta invite and I just found out right now it's this weekend! Damn it! lol I feel so stupid... downloading the client now...
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I had the beta invite and I just found out right now it's this weekend! Damn it! lol I feel so stupid... downloading the client now...

There's an NDA on the beta where you're not supposed to even say that you're in it - and there's always been cases of forum posters going out of their way to report people violating the NDA to try and get into the beta themselves. Careful!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]I had the beta invite and I just found out right now it's this weekend! Damn it! lol I feel so stupid... downloading the client now...

There's an NDA on the beta where you're not supposed to even say that you're in it - and there's always been cases of forum posters going out of their way to report people violating the NDA to try and get into the beta themselves. Careful!

I really don't mind. At this point, I've played enough. :P
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]I had the beta invite and I just found out right now it's this weekend! Damn it! lol I feel so stupid... downloading the client now...

that is scary to hear D:
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GPAddict
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]I had the beta invite and I just found out right now it's this weekend! Damn it! lol I feel so stupid... downloading the client now...

LIES!!!!!