GTA San Andreas flying the helicopter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SS_MKL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SS_MKL
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic. If not, then I apologise. I have serious difficulties in flying the helicopter in the flying school part of GTA San Andreas (PC). Is there any way to cheat my way through this. I really like the game, so I'd like to get to the next missions.

Thanks, mrskummel

mobius1aic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mobius1aic
Member since 2006 • 3533 Posts
Oh come on it's not that hard. 
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Keep at it - You'll get to try even harder missions soon enough ;)
SS_MKL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SS_MKL
Seriously, this missions is killing me. I can destroy the three trucks parked at the en of the landing space, but the moving trucks seems impossible. I have no problems completing missions on the ground, but there's just too many damn keys to control all the time in the helicopter.
SS_MKL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SS_MKL
Seriously, this missions is killing me. I can destroy the three trucks parked at the en of the landing space, but the moving trucks seems impossible. I have no problems completing missions on the ground, but there's just too many damn keys to control all the time in the helicopter.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Just wait till you get to the bike mission .. Took me 7 tries before completing it, 3 times I crashed just seconds before completing it... I wish GTA 4 will have a real save feature.. Seriously.
nikhilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nikhilva
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey Dats Not So BaD! I 2 haD dAt saMe DiFFiCulties...............!

Keep TrYIn AnD U WIll SucEeD

BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic. If not, then I apologise. I have serious difficulties in flying the helicopter in the flying school part of GTA San Andreas (PC). Is there any way to cheat my way through this. I really like the game, so I'd like to get to the next missions.

Thanks, mrskummel

SS_MKL

The first few times around are always the hardest... but it just takes some getting used to.  IMO, Helicopters are far easier than the planes and that one that jet that can land vertically I forgot what it's called.  Anyway, to fly a helicopter all you need to do is fly in an angle so it would propell itself forward.  Keep trying!

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts

Keep practicing OP, you'll get the hang of it.

jongaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jongaska
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
You will eventually get if you keep trying.I had trouble at the driving school doing a flip off the ramp and landing within the cones.I must have tried it I dunno how many times but I eventually got it.I kept doing it,once I got it I never tried to go back and get a higher score.ONCE is all you need to complete the school.
BurnThisCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 BurnThisCity
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

You will eventually get if you keep trying.I had trouble at the driving school doing a flip off the ramp and landing within the cones.I must have tried it I dunno how many times but I eventually got it.I kept doing it,once I got it I never tried to go back and get a higher score.ONCE is all you need to complete the school.jongaska

Yeah for me that was one of the hardest too, the same goes with the rest of the latter lessons of the driving school too!

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

Get a controller and use it for all driving and flying parts.  Use KB+M for all on foot parts.  I recommend using an Xbox 1 Controller S for PC.

sunset1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sunset1215

in order to cycle faster and turn easier in the beginning of the game, i changed my accelerate to the left mouse button in vehicles(W remains forward and left click remains fire on foot). the fire button becomes W. it makes it easier for me. and for the heli, i had O & L as lean forward backward, den the P button as accelerate too(secondary). so it makes it easier to rise and lean forward at the same time. the only bad thing is that the camera doesn't turn when you turn, so you may have to be quick in shifting the camera so you can see what's in front.

pdkkbarnes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pdkkbarnes1
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
I agree that the best solution is to use a controller for all the flying parts of the game. But stick with the mouse/keyboard for the rest.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I would absolutely, under no circumstances ever, ever, ever recommend using a pad for driving. But for flying, it's a solid suggestion.

Try using a pad.

effyourmom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 effyourmom
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
honestly i destroyed everything but it still wont let me pass onto the next level.....maybe my timing is to long i have no idea....****** stupid
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts

Read the instructions.

If your in the part where you gotta destroy trucks and moving cars, use the machine gun instead of the missiles.

Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
honestly i destroyed everything but it still wont let me pass onto the next level.....maybe my timing is to long i have no idea....****** stupideffyourmom

Read the instructions.

If your in the part where you gotta destroy trucks and moving cars, use the machine gun instead of the missiles.

face_ripper
Guys, this post is from 2007, what's the point "effyourmom"? Sigh...
ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Oh wow someone give this guy ArmA 2 and let him fly choppers there.

sqark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sqark
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

Edit The Controls Until You Find It's The Most Compatible For You, If Not... You Won't Beat Gta 4 (I Even Can't Fly Heli On Gta 4)

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
Yeah, GTA4's hellicopter are even more frustrating than SA's. That's the reason i never finished Gay Tony's last mission.