Graphics of stalker arent creepy

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Iranian_Guy
Member since 2006 • 278 Posts
textures are highly detailed and dynamic lights are great at raining.nights are really dark like real nights.
jackalv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jackalv666
Member since 2004 • 85 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here...Do you mean that they ARE creepy? The beautifully dirty textures, realistic lighting, and well-done weather effects all come together to make a pretty creepy atmosphere if you ask me. The sounds that the creatures make are also rather hair-raising.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

yeah, the nights are amazing!

early in, i got caught in the middle of a load of bandits at night, and at the time i didn't know you had a lamp (rtfm etc!) and it was so incredibly intense, we were constantly counter-flanking eachother - while not really being able to see eachother - in complete darkness, with only occasional lightning flashes to illuminate everything

it was really great - best random cycling weather effects ever? very possibly

the lighting effects in general are some of the best i've seen in a game, i think - and the whole world has this awesome dritty and dirty feel to it that perfectly suits the atmosphere

jackalv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jackalv666
Yea, I totally agree. There was one night that I was out running around, and I got caught in a terrible storm. It was pouring rain and I could only see when those amazing lightning flashes lit everything up. I looked for some shelter so I wouldn't be overrun by any wandering groups of bandits, and I saw a little run-down farmhouse type building. I went inside, and, as a wonderful detail that Stalker gets right and most games fail on, I was protected from the rain, though it was pouring through the various gaps in the roof. I walk around in this building (it was actually a stable) and right when I turn around a lightning flash illuminated a hideous Flesh right in front of me! I just about peed myself! Luckily I had my sawn-off equipped and I unloaded it into that thing's face. Then I hid in a corner and cried until the storm went away...
Avatar image for counter_reality
counter_reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 counter_reality
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts
how are the sounds of the storms? are they anything like TES III Morrowinds thunderstorm sounds because so far those are the best weather effect sounds I have heard.
jackalv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jackalv666
They're quite good. They lightning cracks, and they feel generally oppressive, but I can't say I was ever in awe of the sounds of the storm. However, with the thunder/lightning and rain sounds coupled with the sounds of the horrid mutants around you, it all comes together to be a pretty impressive aural experience.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts
Graphics arent the greatest but the game has grown on me...What engine is it using..Looks familiar is it doom3 or hl2 scorce or some thing..It has a really different game play about it which i like...
jackalv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jackalv666
Yea, I will admit that the graphics aren't the GREATEST, but they are very attractive, and they get the job done. It uses an in-house engine called X-Ray, but I agree that it has a similar look to the Source engine, if not quite as clean. When judging the graphics, however, remember that this game was supposed to be the cutting-edge for graphics about 3 years ago, and then they decided to forget about having cutting edge graphics in exchange for making great GAMEPLAY. That's something I wish more developers would do. Just wish it would crash to my desktop after every 10 quicksaves or so...lol
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
you guys are making it a hard wait till this weekend when i can get this game
Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Iranian_Guy

another good thing of this game is lack of any American propaganda.But PDA or modern journal in this game is so bad you cant manage quests so easily.

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts

another good thing of this game is lack of any American propaganda.But PDA or modern journal in this game is so bad you cant manage quests so easily.

Iranian_Guy

american prpoganda.  wtf r u talking about?

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
My first wolf encounter scarred me.  There were a bunch of dogs, which i was wary of then all of a sudden wolf.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="Iranian_Guy"]

inyourface_12

american prpoganda.  wtf r u talking about?

His name is Iranian guy, you figure it out. 

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="inyourface_12"][QUOTE="Iranian_Guy"]

Johnny_Rock

american prpoganda. wtf r u talking about?

His name is Iranian guy, you figure it out.

Yeah it is "in your face".;)
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gladestone1

Its easy to figure out quest an stuff bro..Just use the pda pad...Mark a quest you want an it shows up on the map...

The only thing i find wierd is the fact the npcs some times speek russian..Now im understanding that the game takes place in russian..As an american cant they just translate this for us...Id like to know what some of the men are saying...Maybe come out with an english patch to fix this..

jackalv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jackalv666
Yea man, I got killed the first time I met wolf. There was a whole pack of dogs hanging outside of the bar city chewing on some bodies, and I tried to get through there, but they got pissed off. They all came swarming around me and seemed to be lead by the wolf. They absolutely tore me apart. it was scary, and probably the most realistic torn-apart-by-a-pack-of-mutant-dogs experience I've ever had.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gladestone1

Aye jackal i went around the other side to the fort..First time though those dogs where killing me also..Till i figured out where the quest guy was..

Does this game have a levling system though..I mean im still a rookie so it says..?

EyeNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#18 EyeNixon
Member since 2004 • 1412 Posts
Well the game isn't creepy period, but it's still good.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MaStErOsHy
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts
Dude, why the hell do u have a flag of the Islamic Republic as your symbol. Thats for the garbage Mullahs in Iran. You need to have a flag with the lion and sword from teh Pahlavi Dynasty as ur image.
EyeNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EyeNixon

Dude, why the hell do u have a flag of the Islamic Republic as your symbol. Thats for the garbage Mullahs in Iran. You need to have a flag with the lion and sword from teh Pahlavi Dynasty as ur image.MaStErOsHy

How ignorant, please refrain from making comments like that.

MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MaStErOsHy

[QUOTE="MaStErOsHy"]Dude, why the hell do u have a flag of the Islamic Republic as your symbol. Thats for the garbage Mullahs in Iran. You need to have a flag with the lion and sword from teh Pahlavi Dynasty as ur image.EyeNixon

You wouldnt know, your not Persian.
EyeNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EyeNixon
[QUOTE="EyeNixon"]

[QUOTE="MaStErOsHy"]Dude, why the hell do u have a flag of the Islamic Republic as your symbol. Thats for the garbage Mullahs in Iran. You need to have a flag with the lion and sword from teh Pahlavi Dynasty as ur image.MaStErOsHy

I don't think it matters, I've lived in apartheid in South Africa long enough to know that excuses are weak. 

Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Iranian_Guy
Yes I am Iranian and I am proud of it.I live in the most beautifull country and I live with the most brave and beautifull people of the world.Americans don't even have a land of their own.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MaStErOsHy
[QUOTE="MaStErOsHy"][QUOTE="EyeNixon"]

[QUOTE="MaStErOsHy"]Dude, why the hell do u have a flag of the Islamic Republic as your symbol. Thats for the garbage Mullahs in Iran. You need to have a flag with the lion and sword from teh Pahlavi Dynasty as ur image.EyeNixon

I don't think it matters, I've lived in apartheid in South Africa long enough to know that excuses are weak.

What excuse. All Iranian Americans and most Iranians in Iran are against the Islamic Republic for what they have done to Iran and Iranian people. Thats why i live in America. because our government is corrupt. I dont mean to say that Islam is bad by any means. I myself am muslim. All religions are great. Just the Islamic Republic of Iran.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MaStErOsHy
Yes I am Iranian and I am proud of it.I live in the most beautifull country and I live with the most brave and beautifull people of the world.Americans don't even have a land of their own.Iranian_Guy
Oh, you live in Iran? I thought your in America. Cause The older flag of Iran with the lion and the sword is from the Pahlavi Dynasty and it brings the true sense of pride in Iranians. But in Iran i understand that your not aloud to have that flag or you will go under severe punishments.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MaStErOsHy
Oh, Im Iranians too, i didnt mean to say Americas governmetn is corrupt. i meant to say Iran's is.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MaStErOsHy
Iran is the best.Iranians are the best.Iranians who live in America are cowards they are sucking the dick of our worst enemy didnt that 300 reveal all their feeling and jealousy about our history and nation for you?Iranian_Guy
WOW, where is this coming from! for your information Iranian Americans arent cowards. We make a better living here than we would in Iran right now. I dont think your understanding what im trying to say. The Islamic Republic of Iran is bad. They are corrupt and they treat Iranian citizens like goh. You should have a flag of the "Shir o khorshid", the Lion flag as your image not the Islamic flag. And you mention the movie 300. I found that movie extremely Racist and Biased against Iranains. I nor my father like the movie at all. Thats only American propoganda to display Iranians as bad people. I love Iranian History. I read book of Ancient Iran all the Time. Iranian Americans and Iranians in Iran arent too different. We dont suck the dicks of countries. I dont even know what the hell that means.
grabeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 grabeh
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

Wow, the topic got off-topic FAST.

Mods, lock this.  

Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Iranian_Guy

"There are always many ways to wake an asleep but there is no way to wake a man who acts like sleeping"you live in america and serving the iran's worst enemy they arent only islamic republic's enemy(which is good totally) they are enemy of our culture they are enemy of our beliefs they enemy of our nation.Iranian people one by one .don't say you love iran because you dont you prefered easy life for your beliefs.I prefer even if I eat **** i eat **** of my own people not the foreigners which don't respect our beliefs.thats it

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts

Wow, the topic got off-topic FAST.

Mods, lock this.  

grabeh

It is.  Senseless bickering never solves anything.  Everyone believes that their opinion is correct.  An I liked the guy playing the guitar in stalker. 

MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MaStErOsHy

"There are always many ways to wake an asleep but there is no way to wake a man who acts like sleeping"you live in america and serving the iran's worst enemy they arent only islamic republic's enemy(which is good totally) they are enemy of our culture they are enemy of our beliefs they enemy of our nation.Iranian people one by one .don't say you love iran because you dont you prefered easy life for your beliefs.I prefer even if I eat **** i eat **** of my own people not the foreigners which don't respect our beliefs.thats it

Iranian_Guy
No no no no. I love Iranian culture. We celebreate Iranian holdoays in America. We celebrate "Ayde eh norooz" and "Sisda be dar". Let me out it for you this way. If any of my grandparents return to Iran they will be  jailed, perhaps for life because they support Reza Pahlavi. He was a great leader that fell after the Iranian people were brainwashesd by that khar, Khomeini. Your getting Iranian Americans, and pure Americans mixed up u khar. Were two comletely different things. I prefer a life that makes more sense. Our country of Iran is corrupt. Do you understand?? We have a retarded president in Iran. Ahmagh hasteh. Look at you mother when she walks through the streets of Iran. She must cover her hair and skin. If she doesnt she will get slashes, What kind of society is that?? tell me.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I can compleletly max all setting out in including AA and AS on 1280X1024 with static lighting, but it if I want dynamic (either kind) I cant even turn dynamic on at the lowest res with all settings at minimum without severe tearing porblems, hitching and low framerate.
grabeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 grabeh

first dont direspect the holy leader of revolution Mr khomeini he is was a freedom fighter .your father was an americans' dick sucker too just like you pahlavi s gave our oil free to americans you know what capitolation means they could do anything here anything an Iraninan general had to solute an american soldier looks like dick sucking suits you huh ibut it doesn't make me feel happy when some one calls me **** and savage while I am white and so civlized .khomeini is a man i respect secont when a girl's body is worn the dirty men wont like to look at her with their dirty eyes.that helps women to be ... protected.dick sucker in my brain's dictionary means Obsequious Toady and bootlicking.Iranian_Guy

Someone BAN this guy QUICK.  

Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Iranian_Guy
Why because i tell the **** truth?
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MaStErOsHy
first dont direspect the holy leader of revolution Mr khomeini he is was a freedom fighter .your father was an americans' dick sucker too just like you pahlavi s gave our oil free to americans you know what capitolation means they could do anything here anything an Iraninan general had to solute an american soldier looks like dick sucking suits you huh ibut it doesn't make me feel happy when some one calls me **** and savage while I am white and so civlized .khomeini is a man i respect secont when a girl's body is worn the dirty men wont like to look at her with their dirty eyes.that helps women to be ... protected.dick sucker in my brain's dictionary means Obsequious Toady and bootlicking.Iranian_Guy
Wow, so you support Khomeini. Let me tell you what khomeini did. He came, brainwashed Iran and screwed everything up for the Iranian people. Iran was once a beautiful nation. women and men were free to swim in the same pool, go to school at the same time. Everything was great. Until khomeini came and screwed it up. He executed hundreds of Persians and and sent the rest to prison, anyone who opposed him was torured and hung. Do you understand? He made women cover their body, he gave Iran and Iranian history a bad name. Our government consists of Mullahs. These are islam exremist who care for nothing but themselves. What did Pahlavi ever do wrong. He did nothing. He wanted to make Iran an even greator nation. Iran is now a country with one of the greatest execution numbers. Ancient Iranians opposed Islam so i dont see how your proud of Iranian history as well as your government. Also stop using the term dick sucking. Thats pretty perverded. Finaly. most of what you type is hard to understand. If you want, type it in farsi so i can freaking understand it. Use english letters and use persian words.
Avatar image for MIYAMOTOnext007
MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MIYAMOTOnext007
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

.............................the guy's playing the guitar are cool.......................

grabeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 grabeh

Why because i tell the **** truth?Iranian_Guy

Nope, because you're spamming. You're in a PC games forum, sir. Not in the "I hate ze americans, go die" forum. You bring a new level to stupidity and that's quiet an accomplishment.  

I admit, I am contributing to this ridicolous spam, so I'm not going to post here after this post. 

Just let the mods lock the topic.  

benmandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 benmandude
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts

This thread makes me feel as if I am at dinner with a group and there is an angry couple arguing the whole time while the rest of the group tries to make the best of the situation.

So, how bout them bloodsuckers? 

Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Iranian_Guy
 sorry this guy started this.
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MaStErOsHy
midooni capitulation yani chi ?saltanat talabeh ashghal reza phlavi ba pesareh dozdesh nafte irano mofti ton ton (1000 kg) midadand be koja britaniaye koochooloo ba amricaye nekbat pedarbozorg e shoma ham yeki az hamin khaen ha boode amrica mitoonesteh har gohi too iran bokhore amsal adamhayeh pooldareh ashghal mesl to tarfdari kasi ro mikonan ke filme zedde irani misaze fahmikesafate saltanati khomeini marde shojayi bood ke tokhm dash kari ro ke shah tokhmesho nadasht bokoneh to rooye amrica ba harch estemar gareh vaystad keshvaro az gharate kharejia nejat dad albatteh baraye adamhaye khaeni mesle to kheyli bad shod in mojazat hayi ham ke migi kare bazi adam hayi boodeh ke az magame khodeshoon so estefadeh mikardand fahmidi to ham lazem nist be man engisi yad bedi joojeh pooldarIranian_Guy
Enghad khar nabosh. To dari goh migi. Reza Pahlavi yeh mardeh khub budeh barayeh Iran khayli kardeh. Vali kesofate Khomeini umad be hamechis goh zad bah harfash. enghadam harfayeh tokhm nagu, harf eyeh enghad bad nazan gendeh! Man farsi am khayli khoob niste bebakhshim pas man khayli as harfatun nemifamidam. Pas ageh mishe, lotfan to engelesi benvis. Write in english, i cant unserstand to mcuh farsi words. I should learn that. but Pahlavi was a great man. he was a true King of iran. i would lovve to visit iran but i fear the government. And people like you who give iran a bad name.
Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Iranian_Guy

isn' it better to chat in yahoo or somthing faster?

MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MaStErOsHy

isn' it better to chat in yahoo or somthing faster?

Iranian_Guy
Do you have AIM? AOL Instant Messenger?
Iranian_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Iranian_Guy
try yahoo messenger
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MaStErOsHy
i dont have that. I have to get back to studying and doing HW, i understand ur off because of Ayde eh norooz for 2 weeks. perhaps we can finsih this cconverstaion some other time.  how do u like my image?? Thats what i love to see. The Lion and the Sun flag of the Pahlavi Dynasty
MaStErOsHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MaStErOsHy
u there. look at my image. the beautiful flag iran once had but now they have the garbage Jomhuriyee Eslami flag just like u aslo have. Islmaic republic of iran is goh keh as kun eh man hasteh.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Yes I am Iranian and I am proud of it.I live in the most beautifull country and I live with the most brave and beautifull people of the world.Americans don't even have a land of their own.Iranian_Guy

In rightfully defending yourself, you really didn't need to attack Americans.Â