Grand Theft Auto 4: Will it come to the PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ortadragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ortadragoon
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts
I plan on selling my 360 (along with my desktop and monitor) to help me buy a monsterous gaming notebook by the end of the year, so I was wondering; has there been any word on GTA4 coming to the PC? It's one of my most anticipated games, so I really, really want it to come to the PC so I can go ahead and sell my beloved 360 (which I plan to buy AGAIN a few years from now) to help buy the notebook. Anyone know?
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
The uk magazine pc gamer had screenshots and a movie on the cover disc of this months edition. This tells me it must be coming to pc.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

there's been nothing to confirm it will come to pc - but there's been nothing to confirm it won't come to pc... with the exception of the stories, every gta game has hit the pc - but since 3, it just takes a little longer

till rockstar comes out and says no pc version, assume there will be one - just a little while after the consoles get their fill

if memory serves, san andreas wasn't even announced for pc until it was already out on ps2 

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
yes it usally comes too the pc about a year after it comes out on the console at what ever you do do not buy a gaming laptop its not worth it because there way overpriced and none support direct 10 your better off getting a basic laptop for work and school then build a gaming laptop and if you don't know how then you can get the parts of newegg and get a electronic store to build it for you for a small fee trust me it will be way cheaper to get a amazing desktop and a ok laptop then a average laptop
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts
Every other GTA game has been for PC (except the "Stories" ones for the handhelds) so I see no reason why they wouldnt make GTA IV for PC.  Its about time they gave the series a graphics overhaul, Rockstar has been sitting on the same rehashed gameplay and engine for years now.  Still a fun series, though.
mottadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mottadude
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts
isn't vice city number 4? and san andreas 5? did you mean when is 6 coming?
jakeboudville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jakeboudville
Member since 2004 • 90576 Posts
Yes, they mostly come it some months or maybe a year after the game is released on the original platforms
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

isn't vice city number 4? and san andreas 5? did you mean when is 6 coming?mottadude

Dont be a smartass...getting all technical on us lol

:D

Nah, youre right we are on like number 9 actually since there were 3-4 GTA games before GTA 3, and then there are the Libert City Stories and Vice City Stories, but I think they considered Vice City and San Andreas spinoffs of the original GTA 3.

And the official name of the game is Grand Theft Auto 4, so just go with what the developer says.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
lots of controvesy about which is 4 and which is 5 but apparently according to rockstar, vice city and san andreas are equal to 3 which perplexes me a bit. Anywho I think we may see gta 4 on PC end of 08.
Ortadragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ortadragoon
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

yes it usally comes too the pc about a year after it comes out on the console at what ever you do do not buy a gaming laptop its not worth it because there way overpriced and none support direct 10 your better off getting a basic laptop for work and school then build a gaming laptop and if you don't know how then you can get the parts of newegg and get a electronic store to build it for you for a small fee trust me it will be way cheaper to get a amazing desktop and a ok laptop then a average laptopmastershake575

None of them support Direct-X10 right now. The GeForce Go 8 series is ready, it's just that none of the major laptop creators have placed them in their systems yet. I'm not a graphics monger; a entry level GeForce 8800 (think the GS) would suit me fine. 

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
You shouldn't sell your 360 until it's officially said that it will come to the PC.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

You shouldn't sell your 360 until it's officially said that it will come to the PC.jorgeluisbl

Meh, so you miss out on one big name title, no problem.   Atleast your a few hundred dollars richer!

Sytzepunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#14 Sytzepunk
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts

I'm pretty sure Rockstar will be releasing the game to the PC after a few weeks or a month after the PS3 and Xbox360 versions came out, Rockstar made the most money out of the PC market for all the games from GTA3 to San andreas till now, it'd be stupid if they didn't,

Though, I can't assure you, everybody just knows that releasing the PC version would be a smart move.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
probably
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
By the time it comes out for he PC GTA 5 will be out man I would keep my 360 for insurance you know....
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts

I'm pretty sure Rockstar will be releasing the game to the PC after a few weeks or a month after the PS3 and Xbox360 versions came out, Rockstar made the most money out of the PC market for all the games from GTA3 to San andreas till now, it'd be stupid if they didn't,

Though, I can't assure you, everybody just knows that releasing the PC version would be a smart move.

Sytzepunk

Wow I didn't know about that. It does in fact add alot of logic to the post.

stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts

I plan on selling my 360 (along with my desktop and monitor) to help me buy a monsterous gaming notebook by the end of the year, so I was wondering; has there been any word on GTA4 coming to the PC? It's one of my most anticipated games, so I really, really want it to come to the PC so I can go ahead and sell my beloved 360 (which I plan to buy AGAIN a few years from now) to help buy the notebook. Anyone know?Ortadragoon

I suggest a desktop for gaming, but, to answer your question, yes, GTA4 will come out on the PC. There is no offical statement, but take my word for it. GTA3, VC and SA all came out for the PC a few months after the console release.

stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts

To the guy, yes GTA4 is supposed to be GTA9,  confused? GTA1-3 were numbered. Then they started using names then back to numbers. Juust call it 4 and never bring it up again.

To deadman, no, if he wants to sell his 360 he can, don't try to make ridicolous claims like "GTA4 for PC? GTa5 will be out by then!"

jongaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jongaska
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
I wonder if theyll put an unlockable mod in 4,like Hot Coffee for GTA:SA.I bought version 2 so I missed out on that hype.
kakarotxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kakarotxiv
Member since 2003 • 3243 Posts
i always assume yes
captain_price

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 captain_price
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts

Well, of course I can't confirm it or anything but this is how I look at it.

GTA III: released on PC? Yes

GTA VC: released on PC? Yes

GTA SA: released on PC? Yes

GTA IV: released on PC? __________

So, personally I'm quite confident that it will be coming to PC. 

Avatar image for BewilderedRonin
BewilderedRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 BewilderedRonin
Member since 2006 • 456 Posts

if memory serves, san andreas wasn't even announced for pc until it was already out on ps2

A-S_FM
Correct.
jay_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jay_1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i recommand is to have psp3.. its great and worth buying... the features are great, fabulious..

jay_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jay_1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

bte GTA is a great game.. i can rob.. haha..

GTA 3 must try...

lol_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 lol_waffles
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts
All the other GTA games are on the PC, so why not GTA 4? What usually happens is the developer releases a game to the consoles, and then a year later they port it to the PC.
recromancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 recromancer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
if they release it for 360 and ps 3 release it for pc then at the same time but i will w8
grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 grarap
Member since 2004 • 5780 Posts
We all know an announcement is coming within the next few weeks. Rockstar may only release the PC version in a few months, but they won't let PC gamers loose too much hype by delaying an announcement.
matt120282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 matt120282
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

yeah i think it will. if they have not even bothered to deny it then i see no reason why it wont. and every other (major) installment has come to pc.

im not going to get it for 360 (if i can stay strong) i want to wait and enjoy the full experience (probably with better graphics and controls) on PC.

i caved in with mass effect and oblivion and got them on 360 and still ended up getting them (future tense for M.E.) on pc anyway

whilst im waiting for GTA IV i think i will get GTA:SA because i haven't played that at all yet.

CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts
isn't vice city number 4? and san andreas 5? did you mean when is 6 coming?mottadude

It's 4.

Because Vice city and San Andreas use the same engine as GTA 3, only the later versions are heavily modded. But this game uses whole new engine. Easy...
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
A monsterous gaming notebook?