This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -
I have scouted the boards and found answers, but I'm not sure if they have been recently updated. So my question is: What is the best GPU for around $300 (less than would be nice!)
#2 Posted by pokefant (137 posts) -
I have scouted the boards and found answers, but I'm not sure if they have been recently updated. So my question is: What is the best GPU for around $300 (less than would be nice!) captainova

What PSU do you have, and what are your other specs?

Oh, AGP or PCI-E?
#3 Posted by macpop (3991 posts) -
pcie=8800gts 320mb, agp=1950pro
#4 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -

System Spec Are:

2.4 GHZ Intel Dual Processor

Nvidea 7300GS (My problem is the lack of pixel pipes and vertexes)

PCIe Motherboard

Tell me if you want to know anymore, and also, a 2.4 GHZ Dual Processor should be good, right?

#5 Posted by macpop (3991 posts) -

System Spec Are:

2.4 GHZ Intel Dual Processor

PCIe Motherboard

Tell me if you want to know anymore, and also, a 2.4 GHZ Dual Processor should be good, right?

captainova
depends on which it is? go to Start>Control panel>Performance & Maintenance>System and it should say which cpu it is, im thinking its a e6400, but yea a 8800gts 320mb with c2d is a nice combo
#6 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -

Well, its a D processor, not a c2d

#7 Posted by pokefant (137 posts) -

System Spec Are:

2.4 GHZ Intel Dual Processor

PCIe Motherboard

captainova

As long as that 2.4GHZ processor isn't a Pentium D, it'd be very good.

A 8800GTS is out of your budget. I think it's best to wait a while until the 8600 Ultra's come out.
#8 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -

Ok, sorry, this should be the last spec page.

Intel Pentium D Processor, with one processor running at 2.80 GHZ and the other at 2.79 GHZ

MSI NX7300 GS (GeForce 7300 GS)

PCIe Motherboard

#9 Posted by macpop (3991 posts) -

Well, its a D processor, not a c2d

captainova
well last time i checked the pentium D was bad and good, i say go ultra and proccesor upgrade, e6320 and 8600ultra, that all depends if ur motherboard supports c2d, if not go 650i or DS3
#10 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -

Can anyone link prices?

Thanks in advance.

#11 Posted by macpop (3991 posts) -

Can anyone link prices?

Thanks in advance.

captainova
all u got to say is budget and wat u have now,
#12 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -
I originally asked for a GPU for $300, so how about no more than $700 for that and a processor?
#13 Posted by macpop (3991 posts) -
well thats koo, but the main thing i want to know is wat mobo u have and if it supports c2d and such, for gpu the 8800gts 320mb is a must if ur playin @ 1280x1024 or higher res, and having a pentium D upgraded to C2D will give u more fps that will make ur rig play anything @ high-max settings for a while
#14 Posted by macpop (3991 posts) -
so to sum it up its

8800gts 320mb *Comin out This month rumoured to cost 300$*
&
E6600

so total is around 620$ shipped to ur door from newegg when the 8800gts 320mb comes out, but to me i would like to even know if ur mobo supports c2d cause it will suck when u buy these parts and it doesnt support it
#17 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -
Well, im using a DDR II Videocard, is there a way to check the motherboard?
#18 Posted by captainova (209 posts) -
Also, im looking for parts that work with Vista.