This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Allicrombie (25580 posts) -

need a solid wired mouse that's good for gaming and general weekend debauchery. (I've had nothing but problems with wireless mice.) Currently looking at the Razer Abyssus, because its cheap and has a cord, lol. (I used to have a Razer Lachesis for awhile, lasted a good three years or so.) Any of you guys have a good wired mouse you can recommend?

#2 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

the abyssus is jsut a deathadder with a different arc to it. could try that

another one is the razor diamondback 3g. its not sold anymore but the lachesis is simply a refined diamondback really.

if you want a palm or claw grip logitech and thermaltake e-sports have some good options as opposed to the arced finger mice razer produces.

#3 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

Best mouse I've ever owned-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105507

I used to have a Lachesis. Wasn't a fan.

#4 Posted by Allicrombie (25580 posts) -

hartsickdiscipl
Well the price is right.
#5 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6292 posts) -

hartsickdiscipl
I wouldn't go for a 3 button has to be at least 5 button mouse for me for gaming and general computer use(going back and forth in web pages and folders) those 2 extra buttons are very useful.
#6 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
G500.
#7 Posted by kraken2109 (13253 posts) -

Loving my Roccat Kova+ atm

#8 Posted by --Anna-- (4498 posts) -

The only good way to find a good mouse is to go the a store and see how they feel in your hand...everything else is guess work.

#9 Posted by WastelandArcher (78 posts) -
I swear by the Microsoft Sidewinder line of products, they work really nicely and have a very awesome configuration suite.
#10 Posted by taylor888 (2232 posts) -
I like the Deathadder I just bought a few days ago.
#11 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2638 posts) -
I am in love with my g700 just saying
#12 Posted by KABCOOL (1147 posts) -

Think im going for a R.A.T. 7, just waiting until it goes on sale. I've had my eyes set on it ever since I first came across it, so I have to give it a try and see how it is.

#13 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2638 posts) -

Think im going for a R.A.T. 7, just waiting until it goes on sale. I've had my eyes set on it ever since I first came across it, so I have to give it a try and see how it is.

KABCOOL
they look really awesome I've got to say
#14 Posted by taylor888 (2232 posts) -
[QUOTE="KABCOOL"]

_SKatEDiRt_

I read the reviews for the R.A.T. 5 on Amazon (can't be much different) and it didn't sound that great. The one said his cheap laptop mouse had better tracking. But they look awesome I guess.
#15 Posted by CUDGEdave (2590 posts) -

Just got an Roccat Kone XTD and love it.

#16 Posted by kraken2109 (13253 posts) -

The only good way to find a good mouse is to go the a store and see how they feel in your hand...everything else is guess work.

--Anna--
That's what made me pick my kova+, after trying numerous mice from other companies this is the one that felt best to me.
#17 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -
[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="KABCOOL"]

taylor888

I read the reviews for the R.A.T. 5 on Amazon (can't be much different) and it didn't sound that great. The one said his cheap laptop mouse had better tracking. But they look awesome I guess.

I've got the RAT 7, and there are some quality issues and an issue with the sensor if you lift it, but I don't think I've had any tracking issues. At least no angle snapping or build in acceleration. It is the most comfortable mouse I've ever held though, definitely a big plus since I pretty much hold it most of the day.
#18 Posted by topgunmv (10401 posts) -

[QUOTE="taylor888"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]they look really awesome I've got to sayLoegi

I've got the RAT 7, and there are some quality issues and an issue with the sensor if you lift it, but I don't think I've had any tracking issues. At least no angle snapping or build in acceleration. It is the most comfortable mouse I've ever held though, definitely a big plus since I pretty much hold it most of the day.

Do you have the older model with the 5600 dpi sensor or one of the newer ones with the 6400 one?

#19 Posted by Amster_G (4295 posts) -

I went from a Razer DeathAddder to a Corsair M60.

m60.jpg

#20 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -

[QUOTE="Loegi"][QUOTE="taylor888"] I read the reviews for the R.A.T. 5 on Amazon (can't be much different) and it didn't sound that great. The one said his cheap laptop mouse had better tracking. But they look awesome I guess.topgunmv

Do you have the older model with the 5600 dpi sensor or one of the newer ones with the 6400 one?

The 5600 DPI one.
#21 Posted by KABCOOL (1147 posts) -

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Loegi"]

Loegi

The 5600 DPI one.

Yea I heard that the build quality isn't amazing, but after seeing it online and in store, I have to have it. Looks absolutely amazing and its extremely comfortable, so i'm going to give it a try. Should one up the 10$ Logitech mouse im using now lol.

Amster_G

How do you like the M60? I considered getting one of those a little while ago, but never went through cause I came across the R.A.T. 7.

#22 Posted by topgunmv (10401 posts) -

[QUOTE="Loegi"][QUOTE="topgunmv"] The 5600 DPI one.KABCOOL

Yea I heard that the build quality isn't amazing, but after seeing it online and in store, I have to have it. Looks absolutely amazing and its extremely comfortable, so i'm going to give it a try. Should one up the 10$ Logitech mouse im using now lol.

Amster_G

How do you like the M60? I considered getting one of those a little while ago, but never went through cause I came across the R.A.T. 7.

I just got the new rat 7 with the 6400 dpi sensor in today, very comfortable after everything is adjusted and the matte texture feels good in terms of grip.

They have a 2 year warranty on them, so if something does break, it'll probably happen within that timeframe.

#23 Posted by topgunmv (10401 posts) -

[QUOTE="Loegi"][QUOTE="topgunmv"] The 5600 DPI one.KABCOOL

Amster_G

Do yourself a favor and cancel your rat7 order, one of the thumb buttons was broken right out of the package.

These things are pieces of crap in terms of build quality. Contacting amazon about returning mine.

Edit: Turns out the thumb rest was just adjusted too far back, and it was somehow pushing down the switch for the back thumb button under the cover.

#24 Posted by KABCOOL (1147 posts) -

[QUOTE="KABCOOL"]

[QUOTE="Loegi"] Yea I heard that the build quality isn't amazing, but after seeing it online and in store, I have to have it. Looks absolutely amazing and its extremely comfortable, so i'm going to give it a try. Should one up the 10$ Logitech mouse im using now lol.

[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

topgunmv

Do yourself a favor and cancel your rat7 order, one of the thumb buttons was broken right out of the package.

These things are pieces of crap in terms of build quality. Contacting amazon about returning mine.

Edit: Turns out the thumb rest was just adjusted too far back, and it was somehow pushing down the switch for the back thumb button under the cover.

You wouldn't recommend it? After you readjusted the thumb rest how is everything? I really wanted to get one, but now I'm sort of leaning towards getting an M60. Its on sale for $40 at NCIX right now.
#25 Posted by topgunmv (10401 posts) -

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="KABCOOL"]

KABCOOL

You wouldn't recommend it? After you readjusted the thumb rest how is everything? I really wanted to get one, but now I'm sort of leaning towards getting an M60. Its on sale for $40 at NCIX right now.

It works fine now. Really the main selling point of the rat7 for me was being able to shape it. If you're sure the m60 will feel good in your hand, then go ahead and get it.

That said, a lot of people are complaining that the m60 thumb rest is too far forward in the reviews, and the rat7's definitely was for me until I moved it back.

#26 Posted by KABCOOL (1147 posts) -

[QUOTE="KABCOOL"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

It works fine now. Really the main selling point of the rat7 for me was being able to shape it. If you're sure the m60 will feel good in your hand, then go ahead and get it.

That said, a lot of people are complaining that the m60 thumb rest is too far forward in the reviews, and the rat7's definitely was for me until I moved it back.

I think i'll wait a little longer until the R.A.T. 7 goes on sale. Thanks!
#27 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23925 posts) -

me, yrief (47% lg avg player (that's a rediculous amount)), and yz50 the best overall arena aimer all use the razer abyssus

if you are a fatty or have big hands get the deathadder

a lot of quake players also use the WMO (wheel mouse optical), and I've used it too. It's a good mouse, but I like claw gripping more.

#28 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i like my razer naga mmo mouse 12 buttons on side is nice. I like it as a good flow to it and also has 3 changeable cases to suit you... i liked the default one best lol

and no don't need use it for mmo's lol

#29 Posted by Amster_G (4295 posts) -

KABCOOL

Before I purchased the M60, I also considered the R.A.T. 7 but based on looks alone I chose the M60. I didn't like the idea of having an 'open', or 'exposed' mouse, simply because I always fear stuff getting trapped inside (you know, crumbs, dust, whatever else that collects over time). I also didn't really think I would make a whole lot of use of the adjustable parts. It's of course very nice that you can tweak it so it fits your hand in the best way possible, but I figured you can just get used to any mouse over time. The M60 feels solid. It has removable weights and this 'sniper' button, which I actually use from time to time. Definitely comes in handy!