ghost warriors on the prowl for a sequel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

city-interactive has announced that the first game to use their newly aquired cryengine 3 licensce will be a sequel to last years fps game sniper: ghost warrior.

it will be on all platforms as was the last one.. no release window or other details exist as of yet

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-11-sniper-ghost-warrior-sequel-confirmed

nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that City Interactive games are OK for what they are and the price they offer. Ghost Warrior had some issues to iron out (and City would know that). Who knows, by Ghost Warrior 3 or 4 they may have a seriously good sniper game on their hands. 8)
Antidread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Antidread
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm looking forward to know more about this one. First Sniper wasn't perfect but with CryEngine 3 and lessons City took from the original, it should work much better. I also heard they have Stuart Black on board right now. Anyone know if he's involved in Sniper sequel? I really admired what he did in Black so if he's there to help I think City has a chance to make much better games.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

IMO what we need is a proper sniper game, more of a simulation that focuses more on sniping than just another average shooter like Ghost Warrior was. Obviously not full on sim, i dont think anyone would want to sit waiting in a hedge for 3 days for a target to arrive.

The closest iv played to a real sniper game is dear hunter 3...

Unfortunately since its going multiplatform that will never happen, so im expecting another half assed FPS again.

Antidread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Antidread
Well, apart of few short-weapon missions which surely were a mistake (especially in comparison to COD/BC hit series) I wouldn't say it was just average shooter. If there were really good moments in this game, it was definitely pure "sniper" elements of gameplay (aiming in hard mode was a challenge).
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I also heard they have Stuart Black on board right now. Anyone know if he's involved in Sniper sequel? I really admired what he did in Black so if he's there to help I think City has a chance to make much better games.Antidread

He's working on a World War II game. City's making 4 FPS games at the same time (lol) and I'm sure all teams share resources and advice.

Antidread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Antidread

[QUOTE="Antidread"] I also heard they have Stuart Black on board right now. Anyone know if he's involved in Sniper sequel? I really admired what he did in Black so if he's there to help I think City has a chance to make much better games.Baranga

He's working on a World War II game. City's making 4 FPS games at the same time (lol) and I'm sure all teams share resources and advice.

I heard they were doing 3 (at least according to Eurogamer)
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="Antidread"] I also heard they have Stuart Black on board right now. Anyone know if he's involved in Sniper sequel? I really admired what he did in Black so if he's there to help I think City has a chance to make much better games.Antidread

I heard they were doing 3 (at least according to Eurogamer)

4 total

pirate hunter (jupiter EX engine)

wolfenshazzer II (this is what black is currently working on)(juptier EX engine or unreal engine)

sniper ghost warrior 2 (cryengine 3)

sniper ghost warrior - ps3 (either cryengine 3 or unreal engine)

unkown fps (cryengine 3)

unknown fps (cry engine 3)

its expected that the other two belong to one of their 3 major fps franchises code of honor (french foreign legion), SAS (british SAS), or terrorist takedown (US homeland security).

im putting money on terrorist takedown and code of honor

as CoH3 was left hanging badly and SAS has been stagnant since 2003

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Ooohh can't wait. I enjoyed Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Sure the story was terrible but the gameplay was fun.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
This time, PLEASE decide wherever you wanna make it a linear cod with assault rifles or a sniper game in big nonlinear maps. The first's game maps were so pathy, i felt no sniper whatsoever, i just walked in a far cry/crysis map and had a sniper rifle as my only weapon.