gears of war - will they patch it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
i bought this game the day it came out. and i enjoyed it. it didn't run so well, very choppy, but found a way to fix that by editing some file value. online i thought was a lot of fun, probably put 20 hours into it. but this game doesn't have a huge online community. and i lost all my saved data for single player. so theres no motivation to play it. what a waiste. i would like to get back in to it. but its been like 3 months and no patch. do you think they'll patch it? supposily every time you quit, you loose all your saved games. there's tricks around it, all over the official forums, but none have worked for me. it's retarded how kids have to turn their modem off minimize and save the game in 3 locations and modify some file every time they play so they don't loose their data. plus theres still a lot of bugs. how did it get a 9.0? why don't they fix it, so that it can be a great game, it def has potential.
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
Nope. No point to be honest, the game is a waste of time. BORING.
djyr2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djyr2002
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
the only patch i found was the manual update. i started to play this game single, cause i cant plau online since i dont have gold membership or is there another way? game is ok but havent played alot yet
Vladie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vladie
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
You can play online with a silver live membership. You're only allowed to play on the servers found in the browser,at times there aren't many choices.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

well I always log into my xbl account, never lost a save, all my chapters are still there.

I'd like to see a better interface with the mp and coop, chat windows and some notification that some guy is playing with you in coop.

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts
"PC Games" Forum ppl, you are in the wrong place.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

"PC Games" Forum ppl, you are in the wrong place.snakehips57

gears of war is on the pc bro...

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ncderek
it's been like 2 months, i can't believe epic would do this to their customers. it's just like ubisoft. it's not the best game, but i surely could have got my money out of it. what's funny is the community / players have put more time into figuring out fixes to the bugs and begging for a patch than the makers have put time into fixing it
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I just have to say that your comp isn't top of the line. What settings are you playing it on?
Greg_888_v8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Greg_888_v8
Member since 2005 • 3881 Posts
my experinces with GEARS on the PC have just about been flawless
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Honestly when someone tells me they hate Gears the first thing to come to mind "he hasnt learn the ropes yet", no offense. Everyone that I knew of that first played Gears multiplayer hated it but once they learn efficent tips they grew an addiction to it. Gears has to be one of the most in your face action shooters I've played and I feel some people cant handle that type of intesity and interagations from other players which Gears brings to the table. Telling you man some of you aremissing out on such a great title and if you need tips I'm always willing to show you stuff. I believe I have some youtube videos I did back on 360 version but I need to find them. To the opI do wish they patch a few bugs but other then that Gears is still one of the best shooters.
ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ncderek

ha, my computer isn't top of the line but i can max gow with 50-60 fps so go post your comment in a thread if i change the name of the game to crysis. gears of war is very easy to run, same with unreal. my pc can max both easily. that's not the problem.

problems like mine are all over the epic forums, only problem is, everyone just complains there, not really any help. i was hoping gamespot would be much more helpful since it is so much bigger.

i went thru the single player about to act 3 or 4 without a problem, because i didn't have internet. once my house got internet back i made an online account, and just like epic admitted, yes if you make an online account you loose all your single player data. but then i read people saying every time they quit the game, they loose it too, plus i don't want to start over, it's a good game, but not THAT good. online is al ot of fun. there is a stuttering bug, it's not my computer. theres also some bad interfece bugs too. i wish they'd patch it, what crappy service

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10514 Posts

my experinces with GEARS on the PC have just about been flawlessGreg_888_v8

ditto

no issues whatsoever

having to be logged onto live to save your games can be a pain in the arse tho