Gears of War (Visual C++ Runtime error)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sheeda_blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 sheeda_blade
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

I am having a problem with gears of war it produces this error and it doesn't run at all help please

Run time error!

"The application has requested the Run time to terminate in an unusual way."

Help PLZ

Avatar image for deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
deactivated-60f7582dcaa79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts
computer specs
boogie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 boogie101
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Don't know if this will help - haven't got GoW yet but it worked for a similar problem I had in BioShock:

Search for vcredist in google and follow the link to the Microsoft support site. Running that .exe might help.

MacEb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MacEb3
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts
It's not just you my friend. Hundreds of other people have had the same problem. A patch will be releaed eventually, but after spending like 5 hours trying everything I know (I do know computers) it won't play. I can get to the main menu without crashing (took me a while to get this), but when i want to start a game it crashes on the loading screen. My comp: 3.8ghz, 2GB RAM, 8800 Ultra. It's not the computers, it's the game. They screwed up the packaging and rushed the game too early. It was not ready. People seem to think Windows Live is the problem, but I don't care. No game is worth this much frustration. It's sad too. I was really looking forward to this. You don't even have an icon on the desktop (doesn't ask you if you want one) so you have to either boot from cd, which is a disaster and doesn't work, or go into the Binaries folder and use the startup.exe file, which is a pain. I expected more from these two companies. Like a working game would have been nice. Yes, i've updated my drivers, and downgraded too see if that will work. The game is just broken.
Goobafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Goobafish
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
for the most part mine is running smoothly, but sometimes it does crash and it is frustrating.. pretty sad that this was so rushed still fun tho, if u can get it working
MacEb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MacEb3
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts
Also it could be the drivers as well. One thing is clear, they need to fix the problem. I can run UT3 fine and crysis on max, but this game can't even go past main menus. I have played the 360 version and I thought it was great, but blah. Anyone else find a solution? IF your game works, then post some things letting the people know exactly why it works.
dllabill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dllabill
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts
try reinstalling the vcredist_x86...i have stuttering problems its barley playable but it never crashed take a look at what this guy did it worked for me all settings maxed flawles! http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=243203
sheeda_blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sheeda_blade

Well lets wait and see I even read if there was gonna be a patch soon and they say they are still working on it. I mean I have bought a tempramental game that likes to run whenever it wants too? I mean they should pay me my money back as far as I am concerned.

I have a 3200+ AMD, 1 GB RAM and a 6800GT my computer does meet the minimum requirements I even visited the Epic forum for some insight and nothing there too.

Avatar image for smoothanddeadly
smoothanddeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 smoothanddeadly
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts

I am having a problem with gears of war it produces this error and it doesn't run at all help please

Run time error!

"The application has requested the Run time to terminate in an unusual way."

sheeda_blade

"Runtime error" suggests that it might be a Direct X problem. Go to the MS download site and install the latest DX update. Also, if you're using an NVidia graphics card, you need to have at least driver version 163.44 installed (according to MS).

sheeda_blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sheeda_blade
well I will do that: download directX all over again. I have read a possible solution but that involves installing Vista which I don't want to but Thanks will let you know if it works out.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
This thread has answers to a lot of problems and mentions this problem. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=583169
dozierc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dozierc
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
sheeda_blade did you ever find out what was the issue of the run time error. i am having the same issue. or does anyone have an answer. gears installs fine even loads up and lets me sign into my profile but when it says loading that is when C++ errors occurs. system specs. am2+ 9600 m3a32 auss 3GB of corsair ati sapphire 3870 WDC raptor drive
Horendous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Horendous86
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

I've had an error like that for ages. Luckily with me I could still see 'Gears of War' in the taskbar instead of it just shutting down. And I was able to alt-tab back to the game and just let the error sit lonely in the background.

acerp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 acerp1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
when I first got this game it played realy well, i was serprized that it played on my computer specs (1.8 Ghz P4 single core, 1gb ram, 512 mb nvidia geforce 7600 gs) and getting a good 30 fps at most places with my graphical settings set to max except shadowing, since i updated it to the second patch i could not play it, i got the same runtime error. before i updated i did not get this error but i the game would crash randomly so i updated the game thinking it will fix most of the crashes but it made it so i cant even play the game. IT SUCKS:evil:! so im downgrading for now untill a fix is made.
TBRANIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TBRANIK
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
OK HERE'S WHAT I DID - 1. INSTALL C++ PATCH 2005 FROM MICROSOFT WEBSITE 2. REINSTALL THE GAME 3. SET DATE ON COMPUTER TO JAN 2008 AND LEAVE IT THAT WAY DO NOT APPLY THE GAME PATCH AS THIS SEEMS TO PRODUCE THE RUNTIME ERROR MESSAGE EVEN THOUGH IT ELIMINATES THE DATE ERROR.