Garry's Mod Questions (steam)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Games_Guy
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

Well I was thinking about buying garry's mod along with the valve ultimate pack on steam but I had some questions.

1. If you have garry's mod, do you get the stuff from every game you have on steam to use in garry's mod? (i.e if I have L4D2 I get all the stuff from that game to use in garry's mod)

2. Can you download maps, mods and such into gmod? (reminder that I am using steam but i'm not sure if this makes a difference.)

3. This is a little off topic but does anyone play the original counter-strike or counter-strike: condiction zero?? Or do people only play counter-strike source now...???

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

1. Not sure if they added support for it, but if there is none, then somebody should have already made add-on packs with at least the character models.

2. GMOD is only on Steam, so you can't have any other GMOD (except older ones, but they work the same) and yes you can, it's a sandbox modding platform, mods is all you can do in the "game".

3. I don't play any CS so I don't know, but iirc CS:S has at least the same amount of players as CS 1.6, but I could be wrong.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Games_Guy

1. Not sure if they added support for it, but if there is none, then somebody should have already made add-on packs with at least the character models.

2. GMOD is only on Steam, so you can't have any other GMOD (except older ones, but they work the same) and yes you can, it's a sandbox modding platform, mods is all you can do in the "game".

3. I don't play any CS so I don't know, but iirc CS:S has at least the same amount of players as CS 1.6, but I could be wrong.

DanielDust

Thanks but I would still like to know the answers to 1 and 3 in more depth...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust

Right now there are 72,571 CS 1.6 players and 90,348 CS: Source players.

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Games_Guy

Right now there are 72,571 CS 1.6 players and 90,348 CS: Source players.

DanielDust

OK thanks but what about CS: Condiction Zero??

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust

dapcnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dapcnut
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts

1. Gmod officially supports stuff from almost every valve game if you own them.
(with exception of L4D and L4D2)

2. Gmod is a mod of mods. So Yes, There is a overwhelming amount of stuff to download.
You can download 2 gigs of mods and that would only be small portion of the mods available.
You also can download stuff ripped from other games.
garrysmod.org is the place for mods.

3. I don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Well I was thinking about buying garry's mod along with the valve ultimate pack on steam but I had some questions.

1. If you have garry's mod, do you get the stuff from every game you have on steam to use in garry's mod? (i.e if I have L4D2 I get all the stuff from that game to use in garry's mod)

2. Can you download maps, mods and such into gmod? (reminder that I am using steam but i'm not sure if this makes a difference.)

3. This is a little off topic but does anyone play the original counter-strike or counter-strike: condiction zero?? Or do people only play counter-strike source now...???

The_Games_Guy

1. garrys mod supports all steam games before l4d and l4d2 automatically, you can put materials and models in it manually, but the maps wont work because l4d's updated source engine uses some features garrys mods engine doesnt

2. yes you can download maps and mods, the steam version is the only way you can have the current gmod.

5. cs has 61,502 currently and condition zero has 7,362 players

The_Games_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Games_Guy

1. Gmod officially supports stuff from almost every valve game if you own them.
(with exception of L4D and L4D2)

2. Gmod is a mod of mods. So Yes, There is a overwhelming amount of stuff to download.
You can download 2 gigs of mods and that would only be small portion of the mods available.
You also can download stuff ripped from other games.
garrysmod.org is the place for mods.

3. I don't know.

dapcnut

If you download mods from garrysmod.org how do you put them into steam??