Gaming Performance and Hard drive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sysypizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sysypizza
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts

I have only 104 hard drive diskspace left and if i installed around 5 mores games totaling up to 12 gigs of space, will it affect my gaming performance?

ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

No each game will be independant, unless you run out of RAM (which willslow ya down)

Jiggly_Wiggly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jiggly_Wiggly
Member since 2006 • 1912 Posts
Virtual memory, but thats only if you use your ram completely. I would laways have about 4 gigs free.
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts

I have only 104 hard drive diskspace left and if i installed around 5 mores games totaling up to 12 gigs of space, will it affect my gaming performance?

sysypizza

As always, depends on several variables (RAM, games played, etc.) So long as you have 4 or 5 GB free, I think you'll be okay.
sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts
what does slow down games with a full Hard drive, is when the hard drive is starting to load the information (instead of ram, cause ram run out during gameplay) that trying to find the information, takea  while, so slowdowns in the game (not FPS wise, but more of simply, jittery issue) so I suggest defraging the Hard drive quite often.
brain20035

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 brain20035
Member since 2004 • 2042 Posts
it's not effectless, but then again  you won't feel any differences.
Annexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Annexx
Member since 2004 • 854 Posts
The other thing to think about with hard drives is their read time with games. The faster they are the faster your games will load. Hence why some people setup RAIDS(redundant array of inexpensive disks or redundant array of independent disks. Basically two or more HD's working together.), because they make load times faster combining the speed of multiple hard drives. Also. Do you really play all those games? I use to keep 13 + games on my PC and realized there was no reason too.