Games not Reviewed on Gamespot (Updated as pmed or messaged)

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

honestly I could care less what gets reviewed.

Dystonym

You COULD care less? So you do care at least a small amount? What a dumb expression. Not saying you're dumb, it's just the expression that is ridiculous.

In other news, Gamespot reviews have no personality and aren't always that accurate in my opinion.

I believe the proper expression is "I couldn't care less" but well you know how people are.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I believe the proper expression is "I couldn't care less" but well you know how people are.nintendog66

Yeah, it bothers me when I see that expression used wrong. It also bothers me when people use "loose" when they should use "lose".

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#53 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Was pmed a bunch of free to play rpgs, mmo's and fps games. Have added them.
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
I thought Gamespot was more console centric?
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jedikevin2
I really don't know MythPro1. They use to be big on all platforms but this generation they have kinda left out the PC playerbase and games. I just keep this thread up to date with many of the games people PM me that they have missed. .
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jedikevin2

DCS: Black shark, and X3 Terran Conflict added. Lost PM who sent me and totally forgot about the great helicopter Sim on PC. I think it was jigglywiggly but they are now added.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

If they write 100 reviews 95 of them will be crap O.o

Tbh i take the average "user" score for more then GS own score.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jedikevin2

Transformers has been "copy paste" reviewed on PC. It has been removed from the list.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jedikevin2
Dealy Sins 2: Shining faith has been added.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#60 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

The original Jazz Jackrabbit. But it came out in 1994 as a shareware game, so odds were against it anyway. For me, however, this game is better than both SMB3 and the 2D Sonics, Just an incredible, forgotten gem.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jedikevin2
I would put it in but it released 2 years before this website was made. Its a awesome game though. I played that and a game called Dominus in those days.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jedikevin2
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead has been removed. Couple weeks late but so glad to see they are taking some time to get things right on a review side of things. It was actually not reviewed by a normal editor but he seemed to have done a pretty good job.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jedikevin2
Alien Swarm has been added to the list.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If Gamespot didn't have a review, I turn to IGN which is much more diligent with PC game reviews although you may or may not agree with the verdict. Gamespot strikes me as definitely more console-driven. I realized that after seeing a review of a space combat sim where a couple of the dings were for 1. A high learning curve and 2. It requires a joystick. When I read that review, it was like, "You got to be kidding me".

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

You know they would have to pay for those PC versions themselves - the games they've already played - if the publishers of games don't send them free copies.

Its the publishers fault, not GS. They're going to send the version that they think will sell the most.

_Pedro_
It's funny how corrupt the industry has become if reviewers don't review games if they don't get a free copy.

Tax deductible? It's a business expense. They could write it off.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jedikevin2

Took Gamespot a Month and a half but Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands now has a PC review though its a copy paste of console review. It has been removed from the list.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jedikevin2
Sorry that I didn't get a chance to update the list but I have added the games pmed to me.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jedikevin2
List has been updated to games as of October 3rd. Amnesia has been removed while others have been added.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

In my opinion we need a real PC gamer first. Kevin's reviews are laughable at best tbh. Most reviewers either coppy and paste from the console review or find lame ass reasons to take away points. I mean when I saw SC:C got a negative for PC controls making the game easier, I just laughed.millerlight89

I miss Greg Kasavin.....sure, he reviewed console games as well, but he was a PC Gamer first.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jedikevin2

Kings Bounty: Crosswords has been removed as gamespot posted a review of the game weeks after release. Thanks for the pm's for the other sports games. MLB 2k9 and 2k10 have been added to the list.. We have now hit 100. Its really starting to get disconcerting seeing this list. Most of these games have been reviewed by other websites, the multiplats have console reviews but not PC, or good games don't even have box art. Sadly, they just added the Receattear: an Items Tale Box art to gamespot but still no review.

Again, thanks to all who have pmed me to add to the list.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendog66"]I believe the proper expression is "I couldn't care less" but well you know how people are.Falconoffury

Yeah, it bothers me when I see that expression used wrong. It also bothers me when people use "loose" when they should use "lose".

Off-topic: this dictionary lists both forms as being correct:http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/could+care+less

noctilucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 noctilucus
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

Armageddon Empires:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/armageddonempires/index.html

This gem deserves to be reviewed but then only by someone who explores all of its possibilities in-depth.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jedikevin2
Its been a while but games have been updated.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

X3: Terran Conflict is listed twice. #20 and #65

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jedikevin2
Thanks. Def didn't see that mistake.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jedikevin2
Games have been added. Thanks for the pms on the other error I had.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Bloody Good Time hasn't been reviewed on PC, but has on consoles :) http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/bloodygoodtime/index.html?tag=result;title;1
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 jedikevin2
Added. Kinda LOL at gamespot on that game. They don't even have a Pc release date for the game yet its been out since last week on PC... Its on steam for 4.99 right now. I might take a peek at it.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Added. Kinda LOL at gamespot on that game. They don't even have a Pc release date for the game yet its been out since last week on PC... Its on steam for 4.99 right now. I might take a peek at it.jedikevin2
You should, it's really fun. It doesn't have much content though :(
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jedikevin2
Its been about a month so went ahead and added more to the list.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a list. Damn you Gamespot! :evil:
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a list. Damn you Gamespot! :evil:flipin_jackass
lol, this is why some people think pc has no games. Did they review vindictus?
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 jedikevin2

nope. Its on the list. Gamespot has not reviewed ANY free released games.

I'm almost just feeling I should PM KevinV or something and see what he has to say on why this list is getting so big. I mean come on... Super Meatboy is a 9.0 scored game on consoles and they have not put up a Pc score(granted it did recently release). So many other big name multiplatformers have not been reviewed on PC this year... Times are really LOL on gamespot but i'll continue to update the list.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
nope. Its on the list. Gamespot has not reviewed ANY free games.jedikevin2
Why should they? It would be a waste of time.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jedikevin2

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]nope. Its on the list. Gamespot has not reviewed ANY free games.mo0ksi
Why should they? It would be a waste of time.

So how about Alien Swarm, Trackmania Nations forever or even alliance of Valliant arms is a waste of time? I found those games to be very good with big communities and very desrving to be reviewed and they are completely free. There is a prethara of games not reviewed and a waste of time argument is not the best excuse to have considering the amount of games they do review here.

SideNote- I see 2 days ago they finally reviewed Dead Rising 2( Only 3 months late though). I will be removing that game from the list.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mo0ksi
It doesn't matter if they're good or not. They're free, so it's hard to place a criteria to a review when the reader literally has nothing to lose from playing said game. Several large publications do not review free games. I don't see why you're singling out Gamespot, especially when their review staff is probably at a handful.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jedikevin2

Um no idea what your talking about anymore Mo0ksi, Terror rising asked if vindictus was reviewed, I stated it wasn;t and infact none of the free games were. It has nothing to do with specifically signaling gamespot out in that respect. That still does not dismiss those or the other 127 games on this list that have not been reviewed. If the staff is so low as you are portraying then all platforms should be getting hit by the lack of reviews. As you know though, that is not the case. PC in the last 5 years has been heavily neglected on reviews even when the games are multiplatform and the console versions were reviewed.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mo0ksi

Um no idea what your talking about anymore Mo0ksi, Terror rising asked if vindictus was reviewed, I stated it wasn;t and infact none of the free games were. It has nothing to do with specifically signaling gamespot out in that respect. That still does not dismiss those or the other 127 games on this list that have not been reviewed. If their staff is so low then all platforms should be getting hit by the lack of reviews. As you know though, that is not the case. PC in the last 5 years has been heavily neglected on reviews even when the games are multiplatform and the console versions were reviewed. jedikevin2
Each system has a decent amount of games that haven't been reviewed. The PC is far from being the only system. Some of it is understandable, but some of it is straight nitpicking.

For example, Episode 2. Why review it when The Orange Box is already reviewed? Notice how it's not reviewed on any platform?

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jedikevin2

Well offcourse but look at the list and you find just as many BIG name games that are reviewed on consoles but not on PC. This list is simply a list I started based on my blog 6 months ago and games people began to pm or messaged me to add. Outside of that, I periodically check the released games to see if the Pc gamers were reviewed in correlation to the reviews I read at other website publications. Sadly, many aren't reviewed here.

Your feelings on Orange box is correct but all they would have to do is simply but a reference score then. At this time, it deserves some statement about the game or to read the Orange box review etc etc. Portal was also part of the orange box and it has a review here, same for Tf2 but for some reason episode 2 doesn't. It still doesn't make any sense.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It doesn't matter if they're good or not. They're free, so it's hard to place a criteria to a review when the reader literally has nothing to lose from playing said game. Several large publications do not review free games. I don't see why you're singling out Gamespot, especially when their review staff is probably at a handful.mo0ksi
You have time to lose. I find it down right silly when people throw standards out the door just because said game is free. We are singling out GS because we you know, are on their forums.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#91 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Got a shortlist of other games with pretty positive to good user/critic reviews:

Retail:

Black Mirror 2

Lost Horizon

Ghost Pirates of Voojoo Island

Downloadable:

Max & The Magic Marker

Puzzle Domension

VVVVVV

Jolly Rover

and they missed PES & Football Manager 2011 (Though I assume they would eventually review this...)

Also, the EVE Online review is terribly outdated... so you might as well add it in.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jedikevin2

Added. I definitely just picked up Puzzle Dimension off steam. Reminds me of Switchball which I love to play.

I just put 1 EVE online expansion as a placeholder, I know there is like 13 or so expansions which makes that original 2003 review seem like a completely different game. I believe football manager 2011 has a frelancer review and PES has been added though I need to add many of them.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jedikevin2
Super Meatboy and Majesty expansion have been reviewed. They have been omitted from the list. After speaking with Tom Mcshea, I have learned they have hired more Pc exclusive reviewers and are working to keep Pc reviews on time. I'm so glad they are starting to give back the respect deserved to Pc gamers, developers and games released. The Super Meatboy and Dead Rising 2 reviews could be a change we all wanted. They are both distinctive Pc sided reviews and not copy paste jobs. I'll be keeping the list updated as more reviews or lack theroff continue to come in.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 flipin_jackass
That's good to know, but I'll believe them when I actually see it.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 jedikevin2
I probably will. What started as 40 or games when I moved my blog statement to the forum has slowly exploded to this 130+ lolness. I'll see what I can do to clean it up.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 flipin_jackass

Just a suggestion, but you should find a way to sort them alphabetically. I might even do that one of these days. Just waiting to be done with finals.chandu83
Like this: (lol, thank god he put periods, it was quite easy to do with MS Excel)

• Aaaaaaaaa!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
  • Academagia: The Making of Mages
  • AI War Fleet Command
  • Aion: Assualt on Balaurea
  • Alien Breed 2: Assualt
  • Alien Breed 3: Descent
  • Alien Breed: Impact
  • Alien Swarm
  • Alliance of Valiant Arms
  • America's Army 3
  • Aplitude
  • Arcania: Gothic 4
  • Armageddon Empires
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Attack of the 50ft Robot
  • Battle of the Immortals
  • Battlefield Heroes
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bit Trip Beat
  • Black Mirror 2
  • Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
  • Bloody Good Time
  • Braid
  • Burn Zombie Burn
  • Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars
  • Chrono Rage
  • City of Heroes: Going Rouge
  • Colony Defense
  • Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
  • Company of Heroes Online
  • Crimecraft
  • Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls
  • Darkfall Online
  • DCS: Black Shark
  • Deadly Sins 2: Shining Force
  • Death Spank
  • Deathspank: Throngs of Virtue
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Distant Worlds
  • Divinity II: The Dragon Age Saga
  • Dogfighter
  • Drawn: Dark Flight
  • Drawn: Dark Flight
  • Dynasty Warriors Online
  • Eschalon: Book II
  • Ether Vapor
  • Eve Online: Tyrannis
  • Evochron Mercenary
  • F1: 2010
  • Fallen Empire: Legions
  • Fantasy Earth Zero
  • FEAR Combat
  • Fifa 11
  • Fifa Soccer 10
  • Flatout: ultimate Carnage
  • Flotilla
  • Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
  • Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
  • Grand Chase: Season 3
  • Grid
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • GTR Evolution
  • Half life 2: Episode 2
  • Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi
  • Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
  • Heroes in the Sky
  • Heroes of Newreth
  • Iracing
  • Jolly Rover
  • Lord of Ultima
  • Lost Horizon
  • Madballs in Babo: Invasion
  • Major League Baseball 2k09
  • Major League Baseball 2k10
  • Maplestory
  • Max & The Magic Marker
  • Men of War Red Tide
  • Mercanaries 2: World in Flames
  • Nail'd
  • Napolean Total War: - The Peninsula Campaign
  • Nation Red
  • NBA 2k10
  • NBA 2k11
  • NBA 2k9
  • Necrovision: Lost Company
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Need for Speed: Shift
  • Nimbus
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Order of War: Challenge
  • PES Evolution Soccer 2010
  • PES Evolution Soccer 2011
  • Pixel Force:Left 4 Dead
  • Pure
  • Puzzle Dimension
  • Quake Live
  • Race Room Online
  • Recettear: An Items Shop's Tale
  • Rheme 4: The golden Fragments
  • Rise of Flght: The First Great Air War
  • Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition
  • Rise of Ruins
  • Rocket Knight
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI
  • Rulers of Nations
  • Runescape
  • S4 League
  • Sacred 2: Ice & Blood
  • Sam & Max Season 1
  • Sam & Max: 301
  • Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse
  • Savage 2: A Tortured Soul
  • SBK: Superbike World Championship
  • Sega Rally Revo
  • Shadowgrounds Survivor
  • Shank
  • Sonic Sega All-Star Racing
  • Stella Vanity
  • Switchball
  • Sword of the Stars:Argos Naval Yard
  • The Saboteur
  • The UnderGarden
  • Toki Tori
  • Tom Clancy's Hawx 2
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld
  • Trackmania Nations Forever
  • Twilight Insanity
  • Vindictus
  • VVVVVV
  • Wanted: Weapons of Fate
  • Warrior Epic: Battlegrounds
  • Wings of Luftwaffe
  • Wings of Prey
  • World of Battles
  • X3 Terran Conflict
  • Zen Bound 2

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jedikevin2
Changed.. The Flow is nice now.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jedikevin2

Changed.. The Flow is nice now.jedikevin2

Ok... Its been 3 months so again time to add or remove some games..

A little bit of good news, seems gamespot is giving more respect on the review side of things on non mainstream games.

Games such as the New Magesty 2, Jolly Rover(finally can remove this off my list), and others seem to be getting reviewed now which is a godsend.

Games Added to the list since December 2010

• Test Drive Unlimited 2
  • Crasher
  • Men of War: Assualt Squad
  • Gemini Rue
  • Crevures
  • Bit Trip Runner
  • Bloodline Champions
  • Back to the Future: The Game -Episode 2: Get Tannon!
  • DCS- A10C Warthog

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

Gamespot did a review for Bejeweled 3: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/puzzle/bejeweled3/review.html?tag=summary%3Bread-review