This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lostsoul039 (106 posts) -

I've played quake4 since it was out and I haven't found a game to replace it but after playing it a hundred times I think I need a new game that will be made to play on Windows 7 and a made for First Person Shooter. A game that when I use the right mouse button I go forward and when I use the left mouse button I shoot. Any suggestions?

#2 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23936 posts) -
quake live? also you can bind your controls to that in any game
#3 Posted by the_bi99man (11062 posts) -

Right click to go forward? You mean zoom in? Iron sights/scope?

#4 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Any shooter from Id or Raven should suffice.

Rage is great (I like it a lot, I don't care about the haters), Doom 3 and Quake 4 are really similar, there's Wolfenstein, Singularity might work out for you as well.

#5 Posted by the_bi99man (11062 posts) -

Prey. Severely underrated game. One of the best shooters out there. Very unique, and loads of fun. It uses the Quake 4 engine.

#6 Posted by Zubinen (2557 posts) -

Any shooter from Id or Raven should suffice.

Rage is great (I like it a lot, I don't care about the haters), Doom 3 and Quake 4 are really similar, there's Wolfenstein, Singularity might work out for you as well.

NeonNinja
Singularity MP is actually pretty interesting but it's not an arena shooter. Quake Live, Xonotic, Warsow, and Tribes: Ascend are all free to play arena shooters, I'd especially recommend Tribes: Ascend(even to people who aren't interested in arena shooters - really it's more of a cross between arena shooter and combined arms shooter), the maps are wide open, no hiding, engage only with the intent to frag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2f54kTvGw&hd=1&t=35s
#7 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

Rage and Duke Nukem Forever.

#8 Posted by BygByron3 (5572 posts) -

Hard Reset and Serious Sam

#9 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

duke nukem forever, singularity, doom 3 + RoE, painkiller black edition, serious sam 3 BFE, serious sam HD 1 & 2, fear 2, fear 1 + extraction point + perseus mandate