This topic is locked from further discussion.

neo_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 neo_one
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts

What should i get?

Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, or Diablo?

I dont really know a whole lot about them, but they seemed pretty similar

Thanks

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

Baldr's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are similar, except that NWN looks way better while BG is way better.

But Diablo - or ideally Diablo 2 - is nothing like either game. BG and NWN are heavily plot-centric, with tons and tons of dialogue, quests and sub-quests. Diablo is all about character development and combat - it has almost no dialogue, and a plot that can be.. not summed up asmuch as fully conveyed in about two sentences. But awesome, awesome character development.

So, if you want a rich and engrossing game with - at least in my opinion - somewhat mediocre character development, and fairly boring pause and plan combat, try one of the BioWare games... my vote would be BG. NWN does have one huge plus - it has a great level editor, an an utterly enormous mod community. You can effectively get thousands of hours out of the game with all the content online.

If you want something a little more high-action, go for Diablo. It's shallow as far as plot, dialogue and the like go, but it has just the best character development you can get outside of MMORPGs.

Personally, I would say get both Baldur's Gate and Diablo 2. They're at opposite ends of the RPG spectrum, so they compliment eachother quite well, and they're both great games.

Spectre_Ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spectre_Ops
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I have not played Diablo or NWN, but I have played Baldur's Gate. It's a good game, with really excellent leveling perks and skills, but it's so hard to do and so repetitive, that unless you're very into games like that, then I wouldn't bother. Most people say Diablo is the best. Plus, it doesn't take a good machine to play.
Ney_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ney_
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

If I had to choose, I'd go for Baldur's Gate. If I could get two, I'd get BG and Diablo and it's probably Diablo and BG people will tell you to get ;)

Basically Diablo if you want a fast paced game where you mow down monster after monster. Baldur's Gate if you want a great story (not saying Diablo's bad but Baldur's Gate's much better) and a huge, much more detailed world where all the actions you make will have an impact on how the story continues. With a huge amount of classes to customize and choose from, advanced D&D rules and simply just a fantastic game and... I could go on..

Go with Baldur's Gate! (yes, I do really, really like it a lot more than Diablo)

neo_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 neo_one
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the help
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points