Fun games that you can easily make friends in?

creamyNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By creamyNYC
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

I have always been attracted to social games where you could have fun playing while at the same time communicating with strangers via text or voice. Ive found amazing friends through games like MapleStory & Left 4 Dead 2, where communication was always open and encouraged. You could join any game on any server and begin talking to the players. I really miss that, and modern games ive been playing lately like Destiny 2 and BF1 are really strict with stranger-to-stranger communication, which, I love and enjoy! These restrictions make me feel lonely, and my friends irl dont really care for gaming so I'm looking for games where its easy to partner up with strangers and communicate along the way.

Excluding games like Second Life (which I dont see as "games" really), please recommend to me games from the past five years that still have a [large enough] community. Whether we can do co-op, PVP, or just explore the world together doing mini-quests all while talking, id love to find my next escape. Thank you!

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

The guild wars 2 community is very friendly.

bertooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bertooo
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@ jiggly do people actually still play gw2 anymore? I have the original and wasnt sure if I should download it because I wasnt sure if anyone actually played.

lula_mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lula_mo
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

great info

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@bertooo said:

@ jiggly do people actually still play gw2 anymore? I have the original and wasnt sure if I should download it because I wasnt sure if anyone actually played.

Yeah they do, I'm having a good time in it. I only started it a few months ago, but I see a decent amount of people.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Overwatch is another.

creamyNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 creamyNYC

@GTR12: how does Overwatch communication in-game work? Is it limited?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12

@creamynyc said:

Its voice chat and/or text/typing, its only within your team, so 5 other people, but it works. Also just realised, you never mentioned discord, get it now.

creamyNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 creamyNYC

@GTR12 said:
@creamynyc said:

Its voice chat and/or text/typing, its only within your team, so 5 other people, but it works. Also just realised, you never mentioned discord, get it now.

I just got Discord but so what? How do I find games that I can make friends with using it? Thanks!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12

@creamynyc said:
@GTR12 said:

I just got Discord but so what? How do I find games that I can make friends with using it? Thanks!

Every single game you play has some sort of discord, even singleplayer games, just search for servers on the app or even just google "[game] discord server" your bound to find heaps.

Coldzboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Coldzboy
Member since 2004 • 1960 Posts

VR Chat maybe , idk. It doesn't require a VR headset either despite its' name.