Free Amazon Prime Student for 6 Months

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -

Sup everyone. Amazon is providing college students with a free 6 month membership to Amazon Student. Gives you FREE 2 day shipping and Free Release Day shipping. (You would get Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm on release day - for example):

Check it out: Click Here

Enjoy :D!

Correction. I guess you dont get access to Instant Video - which is pretty lame BUT the other perks are well worth the few steps it takes to sign up.

#2 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Also you'll occassionally get emails about special deals only for amazon prime student members. I got Risen for like $1.70 because they screwed up and gave me a 66% off coupon and Risen was $5.

#3 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -

Also you'll occassionally get emails about special deals only for amazon prime student members. I got Risen for like $1.70 because they screwed up and gave me a 66% off coupon and Risen was $5.

cain006
lol sweet.
#4 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

You don't get access to free instant video. I've been a Student Prime member for probably 5 months now and i just checked it. As a student prime member you get the release date delivery and 2 day shipping only.

But seeing as we are talking about Amazon, I should say that I use an Amazon credit card and have received probably over $70 in Amazon points in less than a year. 3 points for every dollar spent on amazon (in other words, 3 cents for ever dollar), and 2 and 1 points for other stuff not on amazon. Its a really awesome setup for me because I can buy whatever i was going to buy anyways, but now i get money towards amazon purchases. For example, i just spent $360 on textbooks (And this was cheaper than any other place i could find). so that is $360/100= $3.60. $360 *3 = $10.80. So I not only got the cheapest prices on books, I also got $10.80 in amazon money.

That all relates to PC games because i can say that I haven't paid cash for a game in several months. The extra money that i get by using the credit card ends up being my video game fund that I use to purchase games.

#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

umm they been doing this dude lol? last 2 years i say and they was giving 1 year free for a while.

Eitheir way i paid for a year amazon prime. sorta nice. I do most of all my shopping for stuff online minus groceries so it's nice to not wait a week or so getting stuff or worry about grouping stuff together to get that $25 free shipping

#6 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

You don't get access to free instant video. I've been a Student Prime member for probably 5 months now and i just checked it. As a student prime member you get the release date delivery and 2 day shipping only.

But seeing as we are talking about Amazon, I should say that I use an Amazon credit card and have received probably over $70 in Amazon points in less than a year. 3 points for every dollar spent on amazon (in other words, 3 cents for ever dollar), and 2 and 1 points for other stuff not on amazon. Its a really awesome setup for me because I can buy whatever i was going to buy anyways, but now i get money towards amazon purchases. For example, i just spent $360 on textbooks (And this was cheaper than any other place i could find). so that is $360/100= $3.60. $360 *3 = $10.80. So I not only got the cheapest prices on books, I also got $10.80 in amazon money.

That all relates to PC games because i can say that I haven't paid cash for a game in several months. The extra money that i get by using the credit card ends up being my video game fund that I use to purchase games.

hoola

It should be noted that after the free 6 months you can get Amazon prime for half price ($39) for 4 years, and that does include instant streaming and everything else

#7 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

hoola
That's wonderful. I've been thinking about going back to school for my Master's Degree for a while now. Thanks for the great info. There's no age limit for student Prime member, right?
#8 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4397 posts) -

Sup everyone. Amazon is providing college students with a free 6 month membership to Amazon Student. Gives you FREE 2 day shipping and Free Release Day shipping. (You would get Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm on release day - for example). AND you get unlimted access to Amazon Instant Video (like Netflix):

Check it out: Click Here

Enjoy :D!

Gamesterpheonix

I just signed up for it and I still have to pay for everything under Amazon Instant Video...

EDIT: Amazon isntant Video is only free if you ahev the poaid membership, not the free 6 month trial.

#9 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="hoola"]

Elann2008

That's wonderful. I've been thinking about going back to school for my Master's Degree for a while now. Thanks for the great info. There's no age limit for student Prime member, right?

I don't think so. All they did was ask for my school email if I remember correctly.

#10 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="hoola"]

cain006

I don't think so. All they did was ask for my school email if I remember correctly.

Cool! Thanks!
#11 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

[QUOTE="hoola"]

Elann2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure as long as you are a student you can do it (i honestly don't remember the sign up process :P ). I'm sure they have more info on the website. But just to make sure I didn't confuse you, realize that Student Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, free release day shipping) is totally different, and separate, from the Amazon credit card. Anyone can get the amazon credit card, whether you are a student or not, and it has nothing to do with Student Amazon Prime. I was simply mentioning it as an aside. You can get one or the other, or both (I happen to have both). I hope you do good with your Master's.

#12 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
^ you just need a edu email account.
#13 Posted by nutcrackr (12890 posts) -
is it worth going back to college in another country across the other side of the world just to get this? I'm thinking yes!
#14 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="hoola"]

hoola

Yeah, I'm pretty sure as long as you are a student you can do it (i honestly don't remember the sign up process :P ). I'm sure they have more info on the website. But just to make sure I didn't confuse you, realize that Student Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, free release day shipping) is totally different, and separate, from the Amazon credit card. Anyone can get the amazon credit card, whether you are a student or not, and it has nothing to do with Student Amazon Prime. I was simply mentioning it as an aside. You can get one or the other, or both (I happen to have both). I hope you do good with your Master's.

Thanks mate. :)
#15 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -
No access to Video does suck BUT the other benefits are still worth the sign up. It really is a godsend when you need textbooks fast. lol.
#16 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -
Still going!
#17 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -
If I didnt have classes...Id own Ni No Kuni right now...
#18 Posted by Pittfan666 (8543 posts) -
Thanks I'll check it out. Always in need of receiving my non school related reading material faster. All I need is some games that will run good on an old laptop with a geforce 8600gt.